HAHAHa Banks are about to get fucked so much harder.

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Attachments

• Important Notice_DTC Haircut Updates 20230502_Final.pdf
    323.1 KB · Views: 25
Virtual Cafe Awards

_TF

Delusion-maxxing
Reaction score
Awards
DUE TO 'COMPLIANCE CONCERNS', DTC TO APPLY 100% COLLATERAL HAIRCUTS (ZERO VALUE) TO ALL SECURITIES ISSUED BY AFFILIATES OF LOC LENDERS, EFFECTIVE TODAY -DTCC
https://www.dtcc.com/-/media/Files/...Notice_DTC-Haircut-Updates-20230502_Final.pdf'

This means none of these bank stocks can now be used as collateral for loans.

I don't get it
soy.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
When you take out a loan you have to post collateral. For normies like us its most likely in the form of a down payment, 10% for a house, 20% for a car... The big guys (banks, hedge funds, mutual funds, pensions, corporations) can post collateral in the form of stocks.

The DTCC has said effective immediately you can't use any of these bank stocks to post as collateral.

Definition of a Haircut

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: _TF

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This just means that the big banks in New York are going to gobble them up at a discount like JP Morgan with First Republic. In the end, the little guy will lose the most from this.
  • Deutsche Bank AG New York Branch
  • Goldman Sachs Bank USA
  • HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited,
  • New York Branch JPMorgan Chase Bank,
  • N.A. Landesbank Hessen-Thuringen Girozentrale, acting through its New York Branch Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Plc
  • Morgan Stanley Bank, N.A.
Yeah bro for sure......
these banks are listed too numb nuts

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
  • Goldman Sachs Bank USA
  • N.A. Landesbank Hessen-Thuringen Girozentrale, acting through its New York Branch Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Plc
Yeah bro for sure......
Yeah but the government is going to bend over backwards to bail them out on your dime. They're gonna blow their cash reserves on eating up the small players, get saved by the government when things get too risky for them, and then laugh at screenshots of this thread while they spend their end of year bonuses on a vacation to the Alps

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah but the government is going to bend over backwards to bail them out on your dime. They're gonna blow their cash reserves on eating up the small players, get saved by the government when things get too risky for them, and then laugh at screenshots of this thread while they spend their end of year bonuses on a vacation to the Alps
thanks for your opinion bro... wanna cite some sources at all?
Im providing at least something.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
thanks for your opinion bro... wanna cite some sources at all?
Im providing at least something.
I watched it all happen in 2008. You're smoking crack if you think the Feds are going to let their friends in New York go under. They need someone to host their child sex parties for them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I watched it all happen in 2008. You're smoking crack if you think the Feds are going to let their friends in New York go under. They need someone to host their child sex parties for them.
Again, if you read anything I posted you will see that that are not "going under"
It simply means that their securities cant be posted as collateral, meaning the DTCC doesn't know how large the contagion is, and is simply asking those people who are posting said securities need to redo their positions.

Yeah the big guys might survive and be able to use other things to cover their loans, but its still expensive as hell

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Second amendment exists for the same reason the financial capital of the world is a "gun free zone."
gun-free-zone-times-square-1.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The Fed's gotta choose between fighting inflation vs fighting bank contagion

Legacy finance v The general population

They either gotta let a few homies die, or bet the general populace wont revolt.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Again, if you read anything I posted you will see that that are not "going under"
It simply means that their securities cant be posted as collateral, meaning the DTCC doesn't know how large the contagion is, and is simply asking those people who are posting said securities need to redo their positions.

Yeah the big guys might survive and be able to use other things to cover their loans, but its still expensive as hell
I don't disagree. But they are in the privileged position that any time the big banks have to take a pay cut or get fucked somehow, they are going to craft some complicated big-nosed scheme to put the risk on you and me instead of them. Then when the high risk position they took comes home to roost, they won't be the one suffering the consequences for it. If there is even a 5% chance that they are inconvenienced in how they have to cover their loans, they're going to get out of it.

Second amendment exists for the same reason the financial capital of the world is a "gun free zone."
View attachment 61165
It should, but Americucks have shown that they aren't willing to do anything when the government fucks them over. The Feds are 100% letting us starve in the streets because they know the average person is too weak to do anything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Then when the high risk position they took comes home to roost, they won't be the one suffering the consequences for it. If there is even a 5% chance that they are inconvenienced in how they have to cover their loans, they're going to get out of it.
But we are at the point where the US dollars supremacy starts to be at risk.

I know people hate >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk on this website, but if anyone has an attention span longer than a peanut please read this post.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

I know people hate >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk on this website, but if anyone has an attention span longer than a peanut please read this post.

De-dollarization is a risk but tbh I doubt a bunch of shitskins are going to be able to out maneuver the (((US Banks))) anytime soon. Bankers managed to turn a genocide into them getting their own banker state, I don't think a bunch of Brazilians and Changs trying to start a shitbuck is going to beat them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
  • Goldman Sachs Bank USA
Yeah bro for sure......
You're missing the point. This is going to further devalue small and regional banks, meaning those that you listed will be able to buy them up at bargain bin prices. The process will further consolidate the already massive banks - this has already begun when SVB was backstopped and then purchased. JP Morgan Chase bought First Republic over the weekend at the urging of the FDIC. Since JPM had already amassed more than 10% of all American deposits prior to this purchase, the government had to make an exception to their own laws prohibiting banks from controlling that much American money. Sources 1 2 and 3, since you don't seem to believe anyone.

Also, if you really believe that banks like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley don't have anything other than their own stock to use as collateral, you're just displaying how little you know about banking.

Ok yeah, now it's proven, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and cited fucking >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk as your evidence. Here is an actual economist talking about it, and here is a knowledgeable content creator talking about how the dollar isn't going away - and neither of them are even American!

Many people here are educated in finance and banking. If you're going to come swinging against the general consensus of both academics and practicing bankers, you've really gotta bring more than copium to the table.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Ok yeah, now it's proven, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and cited fucking >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk as your evidence. Here is an actual economist talking about it, and here is a knowledgeable content creator talking about how the dollar isn't going away - and neither of them are even American!
lol shoutout to us both linking the leaf dweep finance guy. His videos are really useful though.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Ah yes the finance bros the youtube algo pushes on everyone, I could have predicted you citing these guys as "great sources"

The >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post I shared is literally dozens of graphs from FRED and other government sources.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Ah yes the finance bros the youtube algo pushes on everyone, I could have predicted you citing these guys as "great sources"

The >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post I shared is literally dozens of graphs from FRED and other government sources.
>ignores Forbes and NPR as sources
>bUt YoU pOsTeD fInAnCe BrOs!
>again points to a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post that misuses official statistics
>provides no additional points

Dang bro, you really got me this time

Virtual Cafe Awards

gathermore

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
>ignores Forbes and NPR as sources
>bUt YoU pOsTeD fInAnCe BrOs!
>again points to a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post that misuses official statistics
>provides no additional points

Dang bro, you really got me this time
Well I hope you put your money where your mouth is. Best of luck to all your financial investments! I know you'll retire early because you are very intelligent when it comes to macroeconomic forecasting. Any advice on a safe investment device for the coming future?

Virtual Cafe Awards