X was Y years ago

• Thread starter NSoph
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3412 times.

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
kwx7igr92uxa1.jpg

Playstation 3 was released 2007, this was 16 years ago.
There are technically adult people in the West who have never interacted with a Playstation 2

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 61260
There are technically adult people in the West who have never interacted with a Playstation 2
I'm older than the PS2 but I've never actually seen one with my own two eyes

Virtual Cafe Awards
The iPod was released in 2001, nowadays it's a foreign concept to have a dedicated media player not be a part of another device. There used to be portable DVD players that only had the job of playing DVD's, nothing else. Used to have one for long car rides.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
WHAT?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE LIKE, 30!
It's funny you mention this bc Aral thought the same until a profile post of mine made her realize we were born in the same year. To make this even funnier I'm going to recount a story that happened last October when we we celebrating my brother-in-laws 21st birthday. I was noticing that I wasn't getting carded at the bar whereas everyone else around me was. So I asked the date of someone who was there who didn't know me at all how old she thought I was and she answered 32. I guess I just give off old man vibes :okBoomer:. Anyways no I am not 30 I'm 24 and it will never not be funny to me that people think I'm older than I am. That shit cracks me up

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
View attachment 61260
I'm just barely old enough to have been able to play PS2 games, but I never had one cause I wasn't allowed to have a game console until I was 10, and my neighbor had the OG Xbox so when I went to his house it was always to play various racing games and Halo 1 splitscreen multiplayer. However I do remember the local McDonald's had a line of PS2s along with I think Katamari Damacy or some game like that which I used to play occasionally. Eventually we stopped going there though because McDonalds is absolute garbage.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
It's funny you mention this bc Aral thought the same until a profile post of mine made her realize we were born in the same year. To make this even funnier I'm going to recount a story that happened last October when we we celebrating my brother-in-laws 21st birthday. I was noticing that I wasn't getting carded at the bar whereas everyone else around me was. So I asked the date of someone who was there who didn't know me at all how old she thought I was and she answered 32. I guess I just give off old man vibes :okBoomer:. Anyways no I am not 30 I'm 24 and it will never not be funny to me that people think I'm older than I am. That shit cracks me up
heck, that's how old I am. late 90's birthday gang!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
extremely late 90s gang. I was an infant during y2k
I have a video showing me playing in the front yard as a toddler on the morning of 9/11, but I was too young to remember it

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I have a video showing me playing in the front yard as a toddler on the morning of 9/11, but I was too young to remember it
I have family footage somewhere of my sister turning 5 on 9/11 and my parents tried to keep it a normal day for us. It's a weird piece of footage that I don't really know how to respond to currently

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Anyways no I am not 30 I'm 24 and it will never not be funny to me that people think I'm older than I am.
That's funny as hell, I'm older than you and get carded all the time - even when younger people do not.
I have family footage somewhere of my sister turning 5 on 9/11 and my parents tried to keep it a normal day for us. It's a weird piece of footage that I don't really know how to respond to currently
This is wild. I was in elementary school on 9/11 in New York State but not NYC. We all knew damn well it was not a normal day by like 11:00 am. That was a pretty crazy day.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
I'm also very late 90's gang. Guess I'm just a poorfag who played on legacy consoles for longer than you guys. I myself was a gamecube kid and played mostly anime beat'em up games on my friends PS2. How old do you thought i am?? (How did you evade these consoles, did your families/friends families just throw them away or bury them in the backyard or whatnot??)
Anyway, game below was the GOAT, still has amazing Soundtrack with varying styles (one for each of the 6 characters you play). The linked tracks below are first, the most unique track and 2. the most track that got me most hyped as a small kid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8MYuZ6fEQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xz-z7UgJDc

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Anyway, game below was the GOAT, still has amazing Soundtrack with varying styles (one for each of the 6 characters you play). The linked tracks below are first, the most unique track and 2. the most track that got me most hyped as a small kid.
:gigachad:
I played that game on my friend's sega dreamcast growing up. I have a feeling I would hate the game now though so I'm content to leave it to my nostalgia.

Virtual Cafe Awards