Confess your video games sins

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
Here are mine:

- I used to spend lots of time at smartphone games and greedy pay2win games like Pokemon Shuffle. I've never spent a single penny on them (although I nearly did with Puzzle&Dragons and Pokemon Shuffle) but still.

- I used to defend this piece of shit named Pokemon GO just because moralfags were getting mad with this game but for the wrong reasons.

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
I made a character in Dark Souls called Brolaire of Asstora to troll the undead parish with. I trapped someone in a corner with Force until I ran out of cast (42 total) he then ran off a ledge to commit sudoku.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Drifloon

Computer
Reaction score
Awards
- I used to spend lots of time at smartphone games and greedy pay2win games like Pokemon Shuffle. I've never spent a single penny on them (although I nearly did with Puzzle&Dragons and Pokemon Shuffle) but still.
I have fond-ish memories of Pokémon Shuffle. It was generic but I also think it had a nice charm to it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
I have fond-ish memories of Pokémon Shuffle. It was generic but I also think it had a nice charm to it.
Gameplay was great. What ruined it was the pay2win formula. I'd rather it as a premium game but unfortunately f2p puzzle games print more money. Also I hate it that the mobile phone version requires you to be online while 3DS version could be played offline too (still you needed to log in online for new content/events). Also for some reason the mobile phone version is still available at GooglePlay and Apple Store despite the fact that the game stopped being relevant long time ago.

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
I really like Tower Defense, it's braindead, but i like it.
Before i play Kingdom Rush i make sure no one sees me doing it

Virtual Cafe Awards

MantisOrientalis

OpenSUSE btw
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mantismanor.net
I don't play many games and I've played the same handful since I was a kid but I wholeheartedly think Mario 64 sucks. Its not a good experience. Ocarina of Time is N64 King. The camera fucking sucks and some of the worlds are boring as hell. I guess thats a sin depending on who you ask

Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
To MantisOrientalis's point about overrated games, how about the fact that Breath of the Wild sucked ass?

Sure, let's wander around an empty world breaking my weapons in about 5 hits every time while the 2 NPCs that actually exist in it talk about this awesome time that happened about 100 years prior? Why not set the game in this clearly far more interesting time?

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
To MantisOrientalis's point about overrated games, how about the fact that Breath of the Wild sucked ass?

Sure, let's wander around an empty world breaking my weapons in about 5 hits every time while the 2 NPCs that actually exist in it talk about this awesome time that happened about 100 years prior? Why not set the game in this clearly far more interesting time?
I actually really liked BotW so there's that

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
easy RPGs are great because they usually don't require much grinding.
Actually there are two kinds of hard rpgs: the ones that demand grind fest (aka fake difficulty) and the ones where you can't beat certain enemies/bosses unless you use specific tactics (aka real difficulty). Also there are ones that demand both, which I really hate.

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
I prefer easy games. That does include playing on "easy mode".
Nothing wrong with preferring easy games/easy modes. I do that too in some games/genres. What I hate is idiots like game journos that demand ALL games to be easy mode or they suck so hard at a game that they blame the game itself.

I put actual money in games like Howrse, World of Tanks and Flight Rising with that Allopass thingy.
In my defense, I was a teenager, and teenagers do weird things.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I spent too much time on vidyas when I could use it on more productive activities (which basically all gamers do commit).
I have some strange autistic backlog OCD which I would force myself to finish every titles I've ever played. (I've cleared my backlog for now though, and I exclude stuffs I outright dislike, such as the puzzle genre and shitty mobile trash from the rule.)

wot

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Until my mid-teens I cheated with everything. Got a new game? Time to look up cheat codes. New console? Grabbed a Gameshark/Action Replay as soon as it became available. When I had Pokemon Silver I even got this device called a Monster Brain (also called Brainboy) that was basically a specialized cheat device for Pokemon. Like you could edit your items and stats and everything. Somehow I brought it to a point where your rival was invisible and it'd crash every time you tried to open the Pokedex.

Virtual Cafe Awards