Question about identity politics agenda

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
I never understood:

The elite has been using bread and circuses for a long time to distract the masses from real life society issues. And it worked. YET! One day they went like "Ok guys: let's ruin bread and circuses to shove more straightforward propaganda and piss off even the most apathetic consumers and turn them against us.".

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

I never understood:

The elite has been using bread and circuses for a long time to distract the masses from real life society issues. And it worked. YET! One day they went like "Ok guys: let's ruin bread and circuses to shove more straightforward propaganda and piss off even the most apathetic consumers and turn them against us.".

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!
They still use bread circuses in most places, there is just no bread in our thirld world countries.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
A lot of the old guard elites are dying off or too old to run the show. They were evil, but not complete idiots. Now you've got their kids/underlings running the show and they're full on zealots with half the skills.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ardea

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
A lot of the old guard elites are dying off or too old to run the show. They were evil, but not complete idiots. Now you've got their kids/underlings running the show and they're full on zealots with half the skills.
I think in many cases this is correct, but it would also seem that some of the more absurd elements are absolutely deliberate. It's a humiliation exercise. Make no mistake, the vast, vast majority of people either buy into the new orthodoxy or are too scared to admit otherwise. They have been thoroughly brought to heel and when you see something insane being glorified and normalized - with barely a whisper of protest - consider it them testing the boundaries. Much like how an abusive partner will not go full throttle initially. They will test their victim's reaction to relatively minor abuses to see what they can get away with. Some of the more humiliating covid restrictions were an instance of this.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It's devide and conquer.

Goes back to the 2008 recession.

Occupy Wallstreet was a sort of turning point.
A sign of growing awareness and resentment against the blatant corruption and cronyism in the system. But just as things were really getting going suddenly Occupy Wallstreet was destroyed from within. Destroyed by progressive identity politics.

Progressive activists basically showed up, right after the movement started getting big, and tried to hijack the whole thing to push their pet issues. Accused anyone who resisted of being racist/sexist/phobic. They caused so much infighting the whole movement collapsed.

Whether that was organic progressive fuckery, or a masterful subversion op carried out by either feds or elites, is a question I'll leave up to you. It doesn't really matter either way as the result was the same.

The elites had found something way more effective than bread and circuses.
Keep the rabble distracted fighting each other over identity politics.
It's not the billionare elites and corrupt politicians causing your problems, it's the evil straight white working class male and his original sin of racism.

gh.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards
It's not the billionare elites and corrupt politicians causing your problems, it's the evil straight white working class male and his original sin of racism.
overlooked, "it dont work if..." status quo/idc -vs- "in-yor-face" puny wars of "fight-of-week sexuality/gender/mood".
both wrong. when it only stay within tongue-in-cheek jokes, media and but nothing is done - when you enable this but "there is no mediator between head and hands" (heart?), it is all futile.
yes yes. it is all easier when you make people think, only if things changed. that but isnt possible without "heart", whatever (name/meaning) that is for in real world. maybe it just means we have to talk, listen, "look at both sides before crossing this road"...

lip service of "regime", vs cancel culture if you try to do those in action. you cant. if you do, society will fall apart. "yes commie no iphone"... , meanwhile <<capitalism breeds inovation! --- meanwhile burgers: [N/A]! >> (joke). stranding for gay-sex-futurism startrek communism is contrary to what Modern, Plebbit Youth do - those who are NOT Millenials: they can change future, - only if the idealism was real! heh. SJW vs IRL - as if people in past were different!

but you have nowhere to run. what do you want to fight for? if you got everything. but you strand for *something*... is it independence, lack of responsibility, to be goofy, to not be scared to be happy... is this it? kid in you died. or got lost. trapped. into world no one is ever ready for, adulthood. and that adult - into world that ever always changes.

reactionaries (NPC - will shout the newest trends), noisy minority, silent majority, those undecised...

wtf since when why is pedophilia wet-dream to be (looked on as) sexuality? like, it is - but it is wrong and nothing to be proud of wtf! i guess it is another tactic to make false waves out of what no one really thought of...

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
I won't talk on behalf of everyone else but for me it had the opposite effect. Before identity politics distraction I used to be ignorant about lots of topics. But when identity politics started invading the internet, my favorite hobbies, being shoved in my face everywhere I go and criminalizing/punishing/ostracizing me for not accepting their "progressive" agenda? I woke up about lots of topics I wasn't aware of before. And when I later realized that shit like culture wars division was part of their plan too, then I stopped taking their bait. Of course in cases like video games censorship I'll still talk about it. At least for video games I personally like or I used to like before being totally ruined with crap like woken agenda. And if I see censorship apologist f@ggots trying to prove me wrong with low tier baiting and shit, I ignore them most of the cases.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
It's devide and conquer.

Goes back to the 2008 recession.

Occupy Wallstreet was a sort of turning point.
A sign of growing awareness and resentment against the blatant corruption and cronyism in the system. But just as things were really getting going suddenly Occupy Wallstreet was destroyed from within. Destroyed by progressive identity politics.

Progressive activists basically showed up, right after the movement started getting big, and tried to hijack the whole thing to push their pet issues. Accused anyone who resisted of being racist/sexist/phobic. They caused so much infighting the whole movement collapsed.

Whether that was organic progressive fuckery, or a masterful subversion op carried out by either feds or elites, is a question I'll leave up to you. It doesn't really matter either way as the result was the same.

View attachment 62121
Been looking for this graph for a while, thank you.
I am of the belief it was a deliberate op to dismantle class introspection, just look at the backgrounds of some of the biggest voices pushing the racial/social justice stuff, it's usually rather suspect and astroturfed. It's all fake as fuck, for a recent example look at the Budlite/Dylan Mulvaney controversy. The only reason he's a "viral influencer"/known of in the first place is because his family was loaded with connections, Mulvaney's grandfather was a big time banker. Like I said, the kids of these elites are freaky out of touch zealots, and they're leading the newsrooms too.

However a lingering counter argument I can think of in regards to identity politics being a direct opposition to Occupy Wall St is that while there is a noticeable spike around 2009, seems like it really started to skyrocket in the early 2010s. The impression I got at the time was that the media was really pushing black racial tensions to create headlines during the Obama presidency. That's when we started to see a resurgence in race riots that culminated in 2020.
Identity politics has become it's own economic subsection, there's so much fucking money and many careers in just pushing/critiquing it, feels like it won't ever go away at this point. :lainDissatisfied:

Virtual Cafe Awards
"thats why we cant have nice things" :/ meh

Virtual Cafe Awards

pronoundisrespecter

Raw Honey Defender
Reaction score
Awards
I think what's most annoying about it to me is how you can't go anywhere without IDpol being in your face because every company or organisation is trying so hard to pander to the woke >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk-user demographic of society.
There's grocery stores where I live that have their front door covered with massive stickers with the eyesore rainbow flag stating "all are welcome", as if they were previously barring gay people from purchasing bread.

Virtual Cafe Awards
half-joking: As an April Fools joke, Coursera offered an online course on underwater basket weaving as of April 1, 2013. The class was supposed to "consist of short lecture and demonstration videos, between 8 and 10 minutes in length, short quizzes, and practical weaving exercises."[30] However, the joke was seen by some as being disrespectful of indigenous cultures, and the joke designer issued an apology which was posted on the Coursera class page for "Aboriginal Worldviews and Education." The apology read, in part, "By posting the course and video, we were not intending to be disrespectful to indigenous cultures, and we sincerely apologize to anyone we offended by the content of our video."[31]

Virtual Cafe Awards