Favorite shows!

• Thread starter Emy_SJ
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1260 times.

Emy_SJ

Animation Enjoyer
Reaction score
Awards
Hi! I wanted to know more about your like a bit more, and I wanted to ask your favorite show, or anime or etc!
Tell me why its your favorite show and if you want you can briefly explain what is about!

I don't have a lot of favorites shows but I like Steven Universe, Neon Genesis Evangelion (And the movies) and The Amazing world of Gumball ;)

Virtual Cafe Awards

0T-A.I.

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
"Married with children". A show that is such a unapologetic banger for its time and will never get old to me.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
I like Breaking Bad and jts spin off series Better call saul. Breaking Bad is about a high school chemistry teacher who has cancer and ends up making and selling meth to help his family before he dies. Better call saul is about the lawyer in that show and how he became Saul Goodman. Also I like Oz its about a prison there's no main plot other than the lives of the immates but there are some really good characters and Adebsis is my favorite. Also avatar the last Airbender Zukos story arch is A1
:Cokebaka:

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

My favorite is 探偵! ナイトスクープ, or in English, Knight Scoop. It's a reality show, the premise is that several comedians work at a detective agency and take requests from viewers. The requests are real, from real viewers of the show, none of it is staged. The requests can cover anything from seeing where someone's dog goes during his day, to figuring out if panties can become a boomerang when frozen, to helping a 13-year-old girl go on a date with Godzilla. It's pretty common for them to recruit experts for tasks, and sometimes people from the surrounding area to help with things. There was an episode where they had to solve a museum attraction where you remove a goldbar from a glass case, but you can only use a small hole in the case to do it, and they recruited a bunch of carpenters that happened to be at the museum to help. Sometimes they do polls for things, too, or viewer interviews. There's an episode where they stage a zombie attack for three children who are obsessed with playing a game where they guard their homes from zombie invasion. They interviewed the kids 10 years after that about the experience. It's just really fun, a lot of the episodes get weird or extreme, it's always exciting seeing what the detectives do to solve their requests. I've never seen them fail to solve or investigate anything. It's still airing.

I also really like a bunch of cartoons and some other live action shows, but Knight Scoop is my favorite show period.

Deleted member 2040

Hi! I wanted to know more about your like a bit more, and I wanted to ask your favorite show, or anime or etc!
Tell me why its your favorite show and if you want you can briefly explain what is about!

I don't have a lot of favorites shows but I like Steven Universe, Neon Genesis Evangelion (And the movies) and The Amazing world of Gumball ;)
Anything by Masaaki Yuasa (except his newer stuff not older bad typo sorry)! Currently watching Kaiba, but have watched Kemonozume, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong the Animation, Devilman Crybaby, etc...

Aside from the incredible art, his storytelling on a level of dialogue and visual are intermingled so wonderfully, I'm convinced of his genius.

Dorohedoro is my #1 because of everything really.

Also I love Princess Mononoke, considering how it stands out as a more nature and shamanistic anime. Mononoke, the artsy avant-garde one, I love too because of the ravishing art.

Last edited by a moderator:

naa

Anything by Masaaki Yuasa (except his newer stuff not older bad typo sorry)! Currently watching Kaiba, but have watched Kemonozume, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong the Animation, Devilman Crybaby, etc...

Aside from the incredible art, his storytelling on a level of dialogue and visual are intermingled so wonderfully, I'm convinced of his genius.

Dorohedoro is my #1 because of everything really.

Also I love Princess Mononoke, considering how it stands out as a more nature and shamanistic anime. Mononoke, the artsy avant-garde one, I love too because of the ravishing art.
Masaaki Yuasa's work is so fucking good! Kemonozume is one of my absolute favorite anime, I really love his short Kick Heart too, I made a point to binge watch a lot of his work a while back. even if you aren't super into his newer stuff I'd really recommend checking out Eizouken if you haven't. it's a lot different from his other work since it's a pretty faithful manga adaptation, but it's really, really good.

Deleted member 2040

Masaaki Yuasa's work is so fucking good! Kemonozume is one of my absolute favorite anime, I really love his short Kick Heart too, I made a point to binge watch a lot of his work a while back. even if you aren't super into his newer stuff I'd really recommend checking out Eizouken if you haven't. it's a lot different from his other work since it's a pretty faithful manga adaptation, but it's really, really good.
He's a genius at the craft, and after really watching his work it's hard to view gimmicky anime. Kick Heart is so great too! I'll definitely check out Eizouken since you mentioned it in the same breath as Kemonozume, which also has perhaps my favorite opening of ALL time!

• Love
Reactions: naa