What games have you been playing lately?

Merzcat

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Deus Ex realistic mode

Skyrim legendary mode - stealth - bow and arrow only - only food For regeneration - can only save when sleeping in a bed - no fast travel

Played some of the Sims 1 last night

Today I might play some Animal Crossing and DOA X3.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ginger11702

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Kind of in the middle of p4. I really liked p5 and I had a vita already so I picked it up at GameStop. They still got it for $20

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
I heard that there's a HUGE streaming community for chess, I saw a penguinz vid on it awhile ago
Yeah, the prize of some tournament last year was bigger than fortnite's, just to put you in the mindframe

Virtual Cafe Awards

NBoomer

Been enjoying Monster Hunter World lately. The weapon variety is daunting but the game has me hooked like an MMO.

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

Merzcat

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have monster hunter for ps4 and switch but I haven't gotten around to playing them yet

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
A game I can definitely recommend is Cloudpunk. One of the visually best cyberpunk games I ever played! Was lost in this game for weeks because of the stunning scenery. And the OST is nice too!

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私は昨夜ソーダを飲むプロを演じました。それは決して古くなることのないゲームです。それは過小評価されている古典であり、あなたが蒸気波に興味があるならあなたは間違いなくそれを演奏するべきです

ソーダ水.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)

naa

A game I can definitely recommend is Cloudpunk. One of the visually best cyberpunk games I ever played! Was lost in this game for weeks because of the stunning scenery. And the OST is nice too!
I've never heard of this but shit's gorgeous and the idea of being a delivery driver in a cyberpunk city is really fun! totally gonna check it out, thanks so much for mentioning it, including a screenshot because this is crazy beautiful
cloudpunk.jpg

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've sort of been all over the place. I finished Blasphemous recently, a fantastic Dark Souls inspired Metroidvania with gorgeous pixel art. Highly recommend it.

I also started playing Cities Skylines and Claire's campaign in Resident Evil 2 Remake. Been occupying most of my game time.

I also really like World of Horror. As a big Junji Ito fan it's great to see so much love poured into that kind of style.
Blasphemous is sooo good. I'm in love with that artstyle, I wish more games would go for a pixel style that is less directly retro inspired, and takes more advantage of a higher fidelity display. Soundtrack is fire too. I recently played again to get the 100%, as I was bugged out of it on release. DLC was a fun addition too.

And World of Horror! Cannot overstate my love for that game. Reminds me of web rpgs I would play growing up. Also a banging soundtrack. I need to read more Ito, I've only experienced the most well known stuff like Uzumaki or Amigara Fault.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MugiNism

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Im playing mgsv on my xbox360. I love that game and i played like 300+h and i dont get tired. Currently im playing with a edited savefile because i wanted to do something a bit different. Also i play on pc for a normal playthrought but there i just building mother base and getting the cool online weapons.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been slowly working my way through final fantasy 6 for the first time, but I've had to put it aside for the moment as I can't stop playing the new Mass Effect remaster in all of my free time. Quality of the remaster itself is questionable in some ways (lots of 14 year old bugs that went unfixed), but I can't beat the nostalgia, and the games still hold up well in some areas thanks to AAA old-bioware style rpgs being essentially dead for the last decade.

I also played through Resident Evil 8 and enjoyed it. Not my favorite RE but I do enjoy the atmosphere that the majority of the game has, the setting sits really well with me. Snow and horror make a great combination, for reasons that i can't quite put into words. Still I wish it leaned more into the horror aspect, especially towards the end as it sort of flies off the rails into 80s action camp territory. Not entirely strange for resident evil, but not my preferred route either. The world needs another Silent Hill. Maybe I'm just becoming one of those "back in my day" types but I again feel like there's a hole in the AAA industry here, nobody at that level is making horror games that are actually intended to be... horrifying. It all feels watered down.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MugiNism

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Blasphemous is sooo good. I'm in love with that artstyle, I wish more games would go for a pixel style that is less directly retro inspired, and takes more advantage of a higher fidelity display. Soundtrack is fire too. I recently played again to get the 100%, as I was bugged out of it on release. DLC was a fun addition too.

And World of Horror! Cannot overstate my love for that game. Reminds me of web rpgs I would play growing up. Also a banging soundtrack. I need to read more Ito, I've only experienced the most well known stuff like Uzumaki or Amigara Fault.
Met one of the dudes from The Game Kitchen in person 2 years ago in the Madrid Game Week. He seemed cool but that day the dude seem distratced and was trying to avoid talking to people lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I've never heard of this but shit's gorgeous and the idea of being a delivery driver in a cyberpunk city is really fun! totally gonna check it out, thanks so much for mentioning it, including a screenshot because this is crazy beautiful
The Devs released a new DLC :D playing it right now. It's even better than the original story! Definetely check it out. It's like you emerge youself in another world. And the city map is huge there are so many things to discover ;)
Perfect to come down after a shitty work day (even better with a beer or a chill herb xD)

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Wow

naa

The Devs released a new DLC :D playing it right now. It's even better than the original story! Definetely check it out. It's like you emerge youself in another world. And the city map is huge there are so many things to discover ;)
Perfect to come down after a shitty work day (even better with a beer or a chill herb xD)
PepSiDawgwitcanThanks so much for the heads up, I'll totally check that out!

naxil

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
dark soul3 and the last of us2 before i sell my ps4 for some drugs

Virtual Cafe Awards

SmolCat

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Recently started getting back into Stardew Valley. Just finished RE8 (it was incredible).

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)