Alex Jones' Infowars has been BANNED everywhere, is this the end?

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Alex jones being banned from all the top social media platforms just made him a martyr and they've added fuel to alex's narrative. It seems stupid to me that facebook, twitter, Itunes and Spotify banned him in 12 hours. What did these tech giants expect?? It just shows that these guys are in cahoots with each other trying to make a monopoly on other lesser known platforms. Since Alex Jones has millions of followers, do you think he will go to alternative platform that would challenge the tech giants? Also check out styx! He makes really good political videos
https://youtu.be/GJYWaTtc5cM

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
It is a bit of a conflicting issue for me. i find myself thinking "good riddance, infowars was horrible" AND "fuck censorship, this sets a dangerous precedent for silencing legitimate voices of discontent" and thirdly: can they now finally make 45 STFU on twitter? his shit is often viler and more hateful than Alex's.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Knocking the man out of the internet as most know it doesn't mean the entire internet. There are countless ways he can continue to publicize his words of hate, he could sign up with Squarespace and nobody would be able to stop him for the same reason Facebook could never stop me from sharing theisozone links when it existed 8)

Virtual Cafe Awards

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
Reaction score
Awards
Website
rateyourmusic.com
me and the boys when we heard the announcement:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/_Se-V9zQnS4?t=48s[/youtube]

if this was most other people i'd rally behind them but fuck him, he's spent his whole career spreading conspiracy theories and attacking the vulnerable and using the vulnerable to sell shitty lifestyle products. Deplatform These Punk Motherfuckers.

[sub](ik im late i just saw the thread bumped and wanted to complain)[/sub]

Virtual Cafe Awards

MugiNism

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Despite what i presonally think of him its horrible that they banned him. I dont know why they banned him in the frist place. For beng a conspiracy theorist?

Virtual Cafe Awards

MugiNism

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It is a bit of a conflicting issue for me. i find myself thinking "good riddance, infowars was horrible" AND "fuck censorship, this sets a dangerous precedent for silencing legitimate voices of discontent" and thirdly: can they now finally make 45 STFU on twitter? his shit is often viler and more hateful than Alex's.
for me this is the most horrific thing. Anyone could be banned for talking too much.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

Alex jones being banned from all the top social media platforms just made him a martyr and they've added fuel to alex's narrative. It seems stupid to me that facebook, twitter, Itunes and Spotify banned him in 12 hours. What did these tech giants expect?? It just shows that these guys are in cahoots with each other trying to make a monopoly on other lesser known platforms. Since Alex Jones has millions of followers, do you think he will go to alternative platform that would challenge the tech giants? Also check out styx! He makes really good political videos

View: https://youtu.be/GJYWaTtc5cM

Just like trying to ban membership of certain societies, this rarely works in putting in the nail in their coffin. The trolls will go underground, though their numbers will be much smaller, they will always remain loyal to that demagogue.

Adrenochrome

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Most of my mid to late teenage years were spent watching Alex Jones nightly. I didn't necessarily buy into everything he was saying, but it was highly entertaining... I'm not a big fan of his ''natural supplements'' but whatever, it's not like he's the only person in history to shill bullshit products (although he might be a pioneer of it according to some).

My thing is, this goes to show the impact of our centralized internet and the danger it poses to the freedom of thought. Through a system of positive feedback and narrative control, we are exposed to less and less different ideas, to the point we might not even be able to THINK those ideas. Should we be protected from ''bad thoughts'' by corporate mastodons? Are we really too dumb to be let alone between ourselves on the internet? Either we believe in ourselves and freedom of thought, either we think we need the controlling hand of tech gods to tell us what to think and leave our critical mind at the door.

Virtual Cafe Awards

View: https://youtu.be/GJYWaTtc5cM

It has been 3 years now and I can at least feel the relief that this person hasn't been able to come back to make a fool of themselves. What I have noticed is that Infowars as a whole changed tactics and hired more staff to replace Jones as host. While there is still a whole load of horseshit being shared, at least it's not a screaming bigot.

Virtual Cafe Awards
me and the boys when we heard the announcement:

[youtube]
View: https://youtu.be/_Se-V9zQnS4?t=48s
[/youtube]

if this was most other people i'd rally behind them but fuck him, he's spent his whole career spreading conspiracy theories and attacking the vulnerable and using the vulnerable to sell shitty lifestyle products. Deplatform These Punk Motherfuckers.

[sub](ik im late i just saw the thread bumped and wanted to complain)[/sub]

You must only be here for the aesthetic. The old school internet vibe is about being able to say things, yes people can hate and disagree with each other, but you don't deplatform over some crackpot conspiracy theories. Deplatforming leads to everything getting worse.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Adrenochrome

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
You must only be here for the aesthetic. The old school internet vibe is about being able to say things, yes people can hate and disagree with each other, but you don't deplatform over some crackpot conspiracy theories. Deplatforming leads to everything getting worse.
Word. When we let corporations decide what can be said or not, we're in big trouble.

Attachments

• 1609977691558.jpg
    1609977691558.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 115
Virtual Cafe Awards
Word. When we let corporations decide what can be said or not, we're in big trouble.
Exactly. Isn't this exactly why forums like this one exists? Its not just the aesthetic of the 90s, but the decentralised free speech spirit of the internet back then.

Deplatforming, everything being boiled down into 10 websites, ridiculous amounts of power being put into the hands of a couple of tech giants.

This is how the internet gets turned into cable TV

Virtual Cafe Awards

MugiNism

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Most of my mid to late teenage years were spent watching Alex Jones nightly. I didn't necessarily buy into everything he was saying, but it was highly entertaining... I'm not a big fan of his ''natural supplements'' but whatever, it's not like he's the only person in history to shill bullshit products (although he might be a pioneer of it according to some).

My thing is, this goes to show the impact of our centralized internet and the danger it poses to the freedom of thought. Through a system of positive feedback and narrative control, we are exposed to less and less different ideas, to the point we might not even be able to THINK those ideas. Should we be protected from ''bad thoughts'' by corporate mastodons? Are we really too dumb to be let alone between ourselves on the internet? Either we believe in ourselves and freedom of thought, either we think we need the controlling hand of tech gods to tell us what to think and leave our critical mind at the door.
People should have the freedom to think and say whatever they want and however they like. Even if it is worng, i am not very familiar with him all.
About what you said about the centralized internet we are heading that way, instragram only allows you to like a post or dont do something about it. Youtube had the star ratings way back, then switched to like dislike and now as a default only the video poster can see the like dislike ratio. Next step only positive comment will be allowed and prob in the near future deactivated comments will be the norm.

Virtual Cafe Awards