stonehead
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Awards About Agora Gang Tags

• Finished a new avatar, it looks a bit more like a wolf than I would have liked, but at least the helmet makes sense now. I did the resizing that @Punp recommended like a year ago, so it reads as pixel art this time.

Attachments

• ArgusV2256.png
      ArgusV2256.png
      7 KB · Views: 6
    I think I've finished the styling and php scripts for my blog: argusarts.com/blog. Right now it's just filled with placeholder text to make sure the layout and pagination work. Please take a look, and let me know if something looks wrong or behaves weirdly. If everything works, I'll probably start making actual posts later this week.

I've put so much effort into making it function, that I haven't really put any into the actual content I'll post. I think that's a fairly common problem for indie web sites though.
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    @bnuungus I tried it with your inputs and my computer's fan turned on full blast pretty quickly
    stonehead
    stonehead
    @MySpace Tom My site is a few .html files that I edit in notepad, haha. The thing with the logo is a weird hack I did, when I only had the JavaScript to switch from light to dark on hover, it would send a request on mouse hover, and wait until the response to switch images. That looked really bad, so I added a hidden image of the dark logo, so it would load into the cache on page load, and there would be no delay on switching. There's probably a better way to do it, but this is just a project for fun. I save best practices for work.

@bnuungus the number of dice field is how many dice should be rolled for each attempt. So each result you see is the sum of 50000 dice with 1000 sides each. I could put a cap on the inputs, but like, the computation is happening on the client's computer, not my server. If you want to roll 50000 dice 80000 times, who am I to stop you? Life is short, crash your computer, have fun.
    • Coffee (Like)
    Reactions: Punp
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    You should consider giving Twig a try. It's pretty easy to incorporate into a project (just require it with Composer). Then you can do things like have a single template for the site's header and navigation, individual templates for each section body, and a template for the footer. Then just reference them on render as needed
    I posted his channel in the Youtube thread, but I figure the site as a whole would appreciate this video
    Really good Old Web discussion.
    I usually try to keep my open browser tabs at a reasonable number. This site is terrible for that goal.

Every time I come here, my window ends up looking like this:
    23b04c486d72a5db6311e6b9ae81da06.png

Really I should just be happy there's an abundance of interesting stuff to watch and read.
    I'm in a big work meeting, and one of the higher ups said 87% of employees responded to a survey that they want to go into the office more. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!?
    I can't believe anyone actually prefers working in an office.

87% is an absurd number
    stonehead
    stonehead
    I'm not sure, they didn't make the full survey data public.
    Anecdotally though, everyone who I know (in either Engineering, QA, or Product Management) love working from home, so I'd bet it's the Sales People and HR ruining it for the rest of us.
    Cobalt
    Cobalt
    In office is better imo. I think its important to maintain a mental distinction between work time and relax time. I hate this trend of making everything very informal and the blending of ones home and work life. Working from home is also extremely socially isolating, sure you have your friends, family, partner or whatever, but I believe that its important to interact face to face with others who would wouldn't normally interact with.
    Mamisu
    Mamisu
    They probably lied to just get all of you onboard with working in office lol
    Btw, love your avi. Did you make it?
    • Coffee (Like)
    Reactions: stonehead
    stonehead
    stonehead
    I did, thank you!

A while ago I was drawing a lot of pixel art, although I haven't as much since I got a digital tablet.
    Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意
    Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意
    Wow, very cool! I just saw your website, but I didn't see any art. 3: Do you still do art?
    stonehead
    stonehead
    I do, yeah, mostly of my friends' rpg characters. I guess I just stopped posting anything online for some reason. Maybe I'll have to collect some of it and post to the big Agora art thread.
    Yo, RE: your profile pic - to upscale pixelart use "nearest neighbour" scaling. It'll prevent it from coming out blurred.
    • Coffee (Like)
    Reactions: stonehead
    stonehead
    stonehead
    Yeah, I gotta redo my pic at some point. A harddrive died with the original. This version I downloaded from my discord profile that auto-upscaled the original.

Thanks for the advice though.
    Punp
    Punp
    I look forward to the new one! Keep on truckin' on!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…