Aral
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About Agora Gang Tags

• Hahah, checkmate, asshole neighbours. Their lovely husky, who is kept in a small garden and often tied up, sometimes muzzled to prevent barking, and barely stimulated, just found a way to escape into another neighbour's garden (which is huge, and behind our gardens) and they're not home right now. This little guy is so smart, and it's so good seeing him happy. Even as he's kept isolated and his owners seem to want to make him unsociable, his light never truly dims.

Neighbour in question, the old guy with the huge garden, also happens to have the reputation of being a cranky asshole. He's fine. He just doesn't tolerate people intruding on his space and/or breaking the law. His dog has a similar reputation, along with being a "cat killer", but he's not a single bit aggressive even towards this outsider dog. They're playing together and it's so adorable to see.

I'm going to prepare the popcorns because this is gonna be juicy. If they call the local police, that's gonna be funny too, because they know about the husky's story. If the assholes ask me, I've seen absolutely nothing.
    Vitnira
    Vitnira
    Pisses me off people get working dogs because they're "pretty" knowing they don't have the time, space, or fucks to give to them. I know a couple with TWO huskies. They had them in an APARTMENT. Ugh.

Seems like we need licensing for dogs that asks basic questions for ownership. Do you have a fenced yard? How many hours a day are you at home? How often does your breed need to be brushed? How often do their nails need to be trimmed? (my husband's family had no idea you need to do it every 2 months, they just let the vet do it every year at checkup) How do you plan on providing stimulation for your dog? Where will your dog be when you are not at home? What will you be feeding them? (I've met dog owners who feed their dogs vegan diets. Fucking, shit you not.)

You have a veterinarian sign off on the breed and they check your answers against a list. Sure, people could lie, but maybe looking at a genuine list of what they need to do to keep their dog happy will make them think twice before getting a pretty dog they can't handle. Get a golden ffs.
    Aral
    Aral
    @Vitnira right? These people obviously have NOT read up on the breed enough to know that they're particularly time and energy consuming. I wonder how they even got the dog as no reputable breeder would let people who have either only an apartment (in the case of the couple) or a small garden (in my neighbours' case) take a husky puppy home. I don't know if that one husky is from an official breeder or not, but I wonder if they lied or anything, or if the breeder just didn't care to ask more. If I was one, I'd never sell a puppy to someone who cannot care for it.

The people who feed their dogs vegan diets should have their pets taken away, and prove also that they don't really care about animals all that much, just about looking good and feeling like a savior of "the animals": if they cared any bit, they would know that a dog is primarily a carnivore, and that if they want a vegan pet, they should get a bunny, or a guinea pig, or any herbivore. It makes my blood boil so much tbh. It's even worse with cats as they are STRICT carnivores and will slowly die on a vegan diet.

In such a small garden, I think even a Goldie would be depressed. If they want a dog they should have a smaller breed. But honestly, given how they treat that husky, they shouldn't have pets at all. The tortoises were left without food when they went on vacation, they also basically threw their cat out on the streets when the pupper came and she has deteriorated a lot (mentally and physically), they also leave her without food nor water or care when they go for weeks. She tries to get inside my home and I'd let her if I didn't have two cats already.
    Andy Kaufman
    Andy Kaufman
    @Vitnira people always think I'm a cat person but I absolutely love both cats and dogs and the only reason I don't also have a dog is because I couldn't give him the home, time and attention that he'd need but many people just think of themselves first instead of the animal.
    There's some guy who made a "nudist version" of the opening scene of Lilo and Stitch (with that nice hula song), and of course, it's only Lilo and her classmates who are naked. What the fuck.
    And it's been on YouTube since May and hasn't been deleted. What the fuck².
    I guess it's time to log onto the actual site to report it.
    SolidStateSurvivor
    SolidStateSurvivor
    Jesus Christ, there was equally fucked up stuff coming in the search results for that too. YouTube will instantly flag accounts for language or guns and other trivial "wrong think" but then they just sit around with their thumbs in their asses when it comes to this p3d0 shit.
    Aral
    Aral
    I received an email from YouTube telling me it was deleted. @Polonius there was around 240 views on that thing, not a single comment except the one I posted before reporting ("what the fuck man?").
    Polonius
    Polonius
    @Aral Well at least it was small by YT standards. @SolidStateSurvivor Creepy as hell that stuff gets by, like that Elsagate garbage. They have to know that its there and have the resources to slow it at least, it starts to feel like they are really permissive of this stuff.
    • THIS
    Reactions: Aral
    I think I uncovered why I'm so much more anxious eating when it's hot rather than when it's a milder temperature. The heat reminds me of nausea which in turns amplifies my fear of throwing up when I'm not even feeling sick (as in, the stomach genuinely feels weird and I can't put food into my mouth, which signals danger zone). I definitely don't have as much trouble when the fan is on. Fuck this retarded phobia that makes me paranoid about something that happens to me maybe once in a decade (last time was 7 years ago).

Actually no, fuck that anxiety that seeps into absolutely everything.
    I always had a feeling an outage on the level of the current Microsoft outage was going to happen at some point. That's why it's not good to rely on digital systems, let alone on one company to provide them. One glitch and it fucks up the whole world. This is a genuine warning for the future and even moreso when AI will inevitably crap out at some point. Digital is a good enhancement but should never be fully relied on especially on a more collective level. It's better on a more local level, to be fair.
    Aral
    Aral
    @MySpace Tom Because if AI takes over the same way, that gives us a small taste of what such an outage could cause.
    @Captain Yeah, I know I fucked a bit in this post. Still the effects are the same. If computers are down, we are left in a world of shit. And that's dangerous.
    Captain
    Captain
    Unfortunately we are way beyond not being dependent on computers. When I was growing up in the 80s/90s it was less of an issue as manual processes still exist, but not for everything. Unless people have a plan b and rehearse it....this will be the new normal.
    • THIS
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    Because if AI takes over the same way, that gives us a small taste of what such an outage could cause.
    I see what you're saying. Like if an AI service like OpenAI was licensed out to a bunch of companies that used it for all kinds of stuff, then OpenAI suddenly decided to start banning words or something, that would be pretty wild. Worst case scenario, if the AI actually gained something like sentience, it would turn into a real life version of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    • THIS
    Seeing the golden age thread reminds me I'm afraid I might never have a golden age. For sure it's not my 20s. Given that I've spent half of them as a shut-in and accumulating more relational trauma with women, trying to escape any way I could but failing miserably and freezing in my tracks all the time, absolutely not. I'm surprised I never even touched drugs at this point.

I wasn't the happiest kid, I was repressing a lot already, but maybe I peaked in elementary. That'd be sad, but who knows. Perhaps I was just never meant to peak in life. Or to even launch. To be more than a projection, an extension of a parent. Perhaps I'm just a faulty rocket that will go the Columbia route.

I sometimes think that my 30s will be my better age, but I'm concerned with potentially being disappointed, and even moreso finding out that oh no, it will get worse again no matter what I try to do or don't do. To be fair I'm terrified of imagining any kind of future for myself now because every time I did, the plans got thwarted/delayed one way or the other, and the last time finished me off, I think.
    VaporwaveHistorian
    VaporwaveHistorian
    One day you'll get old and realize that you are so fucking happy. Everything will go well for you. It's often not the youth when people are the happiest, it's when they are older. The old people around me say that. The ones who are dissatisfied are those who married badly and would rather threathen their spouses with death casually after Sunday BBQ and leave likes on "I hate my wife/husband" comics on facebook instead of fucking getting divorced. Really, getting old is the best part of life. Youll look back and be proud of yourself for staying alive through everything and reaching that moment. Trust me. It will only get better, friend.
    Amadis
    Amadis
    Enjoy what you can and dont worry about a "golden age" for yourself. People get stuck in that and refuse to grow as people because they have a harder time aspiring when they think they're past their prime.
    • Coffee (Like)
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    30s are pretty comfy
    Finished Before the Storm, the last episode has some really nice moments, but overall the game itself felt underwhelming. The score, though, it's super. Much better than the hipster shit of the first game. It just feels like it had a lot of potential with this prequel setting and those beautiful graphics but two thirds of it were abysmally boring and the plot feels rushed. I really wasn't the same person at 17/18. Namely, I think my thirst for vicariously living a whirlwind romance and my general lack of experience really did blind me then.

Not sure if I'll play the bonus episode... maybe? I hadn't played it on my first one.
    So, started Before the Storm... it's only three episodes long, but I can already say it's subpar. The first one was okay, the prequel... boring. I find myself checking out really. It has nice music, really beautiful assets, and it canonically makes sense to engage in the romancing, but God, I really didn't know too well when I was 18, especially in terms of red flag behaviour that is blatant to me now. I'll finish it because I want to get to the end, but I can already tell my review won't be rosy.

Side note, lol, one of my shipgirls, Pennsylvania, really looks like Rachel Amber, yet those they couldn't be any more different in personality. You wouldn't catch ole Pennsy dead at a punk concert, randomly starting flirting with a girl she's been just classmates with or skipping school with a friend just like that. Or jumping off a moving train.

Attachments

• 1721072719856.png
      1721072719856.png
      483.5 KB · Views: 1
    • 1721072805640.png
      1721072805640.png
      307.4 KB · Views: 1
    So, finished Life is Strange, and... it's not a bad game, but I can tell I'm not in high school anymore. Maybe I've simply matured, but it's not really such a great game.

I'll probably write up a fuller review but key points, love the OST still (except most of these hipster songs), the moments of calm, the superb assets and just examining every little thing possible, but honestly, the characters are meh. A lot of stuff in that game that would stir me up emotionally when I was 16 just doesn't cut it as much anymore. Yes the ending I chose is really sad, but it would be sad for any character, and what precedes it felt just overdramatic. The other is honestly a worse and completely selfish choice for some bitch who doesn't even respect you.

That being said, the sequences where the pictures burn and change as you switch timelines are so cool. Still time travel is hard to pull off and not have it be tacky or just messy at some point, and I haven't seen anything that really handles it well yet.
    I've just tasted chocolate that is 98% cocoa, and oh boy. It's official, I've fallen in love. It somehow manages to be more addictive than milk chocolate, which has a lot of sugar in it. It just tastes and smells like perfection.
    Midwest
    Midwest
    I absolutely agree! Milk chocolate is overrated, especially if it's the garbage that gets sold as "chocolate" in North America. But when you're able to get that higher-quality chocolate it really is something special.
    Aral
    Aral
    @Midwest To be honest, ever since I started eating darker chocolate a few years ago (and even moreso recently as I went over 90% of percentage), I've been starting to think that few people actually like chocolate. They like the sweet that they say is chocolate and faintly tastes of cocoa, but would they like real chocolate? Probably not. It's an acquired taste and you don't get an instant boost of dopamine unless your tastebuds are already used to darker chocolates. I have a lot of respect for those who discover and only swear by dark chocolate, because they don't just wolf down anything they are given like many people do. They actually took the time to cultivate their taste.

Little side note about American chocolate, when I was in my late teens my dad ordered American stuff for me and there were two packs of Hershey's chocolates, one white with Oreo I think, and one milk. I've never tasted anything so aggressively sweet in my life, it was an attack on my tastebuds almost and I felt the overload of blood sugar. Besides, there was a weird sour, puke-like aftertaste that is apparently common in American candy (butyric acid). I finished it because I don't like throwing stuff away (especially not gifts), but I was happy to be done with it. Can't understand how some people, perhaps more than I think, eat this, and for some a large quantity of it, daily.
    LiraTirsoCaduceo
    LiraTirsoCaduceo
    Dark chocolate is a journey you won't cpme back. Milk chocolate is just cheap and tastes like sugar.
    • Love
    I'm going to try and replay some games from my teenage years, like Life is Strange. I have a feeling I won't find them as good as I thought them to be in high school, but I want to be sure, and it may give me something to write about in blog posts, or here.
    contest entry.png

So, Azur Lane is organizing its 6th Anniversary Art and Cosplay Contest. I decided to make an entry despite being concerned they'd reject it because of my artstyle. Would've regretted not participating honestly. Turns out my entry passed the review. Yay.

I spent quite a bit of time on it and experimented with my painting style, but this was quite satisfying to finish. It was kind of funny to try and draw anime style details on my more realistic style. The two girls are heavy cruisers Northampton (CA-26) and Indianapolis (CA-35) from the game, the former being a very underrated ship but one of my favourites. I don't know if I'll give them a design of my own, but... maybe? Even just for the fun of it?
    After the driving license is done, and a job is secured, I think the next step should be therapy.
    It does feel weird to find your former friend and crush's Artstation and actually see her up-to-date picture for the first time, and have her look exactly how you had imagined then. We were 16 when we met on deviantART and a wolf game that no longer exists, the only pics I got then were very outdated (aka, kid level outdated) because she didn't want to show herself, we would chat on the game's IRC til stupid hours in the morning and call on the phone sometimes, almost met IRL, but she remained evasive about meeting me, it didn't happen, and we lost contact for some reason I don't remember but I got my heart broken by her during our friendship as she had gone from bi to "not interested in anyone", and she's that one girl I wrote a good 15 poems to. Still got them. I cherish it as my poet era despite everything. One for the time she went on a school trip to England, another for the time she got teeth taken out, one for her deceased dog... Aral's poet and fantasizing about getting dead drunk on wine era.

I'm not going to contact her cuz I don't want to be creepy and I'm not sure she remembers me anyway, but I hope she's well. It just makes me so emotional though. It wasn't any easy for me then, but I still and will always have a part of me that feels affection for her. It's like seeing an ex except we didn't date.
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    @Aral If the relationship was meant to be, then you would have been keeping in contact with this person instead of having been rejected with a seven-year-long silence afterwards. It's really not healthy to dwell on these things
    Aral
    Aral
    @MySpace Tom This is not what ultimately ended the friendship though, we just kind of drifted apart way after the deal
    Aral
    Aral
    @Mamisu I've done it, sent my email a couple hours ago. Here goes nothing, I guess. I'll see how things go even if I'm not really expecting anything. In the meantime will just forget about it.
    big_ping07
    big_ping07
    love the color scheme
    • Love
    Noxy
    Noxy
    That's a lot to unpack. But alas it is impossible for a written work to leave without an impact.
    Imagine that your novel has an impact only on one person, wouldn't that person want to share this book? Wouldn't your novel influence this person's actions to a degree?

It is impossible to measure exactly how much impact a book has, because like pebbles to the water, it ripples. Maybe your works will go unnoticed till you die, or maybe your novel will become a best-seller in under a year, you will not know that until you write it, and even after you are done, you may never know the full extent of it's impact.
    That's all I can say. The only way your words will have no impact is if you never lay them for the world to see.
    • Pepsi (Enjoyment)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…