Recent content by Blue

1. Blue

Your euphoric Vaporwave albums?

I'm not sure if it qualifies as vaporwave, but Digital Travelogue by Hyperspace Jelly always takes me to a nice place. View: https://hyperspacejelly.bandcamp.com/album/digital-travelogue
  2. Blue

Anyone use FL Studio mobile?

I've been thinking about buying it, but how good is it for sampling and slicing and such? Also, I read that there are in-app transactions, will I end up using a lot more money to buy effects and plug-ins? I'm interested in this because I would love to find a way to make music that would always...
  3. Blue

What is your "quiet"?

Living in a flat, my quiet is listening to the lives going on around and above me. The arguing from upstairs, somebody playing Ghibli themes on an upright piano, toilet flushing.
  4. Blue

Any music producers in here?

And by "producers" I just mean do any of you make any music ("producer" sounds so posh)? I'm a long time "traditional" musician, like guitar and bass, but I've just recently started trying to learn a DAW. I've tried FL Studio and Ableton Live, and for some reason the former feels better to me...
  5. Blue

What do you think of vaporwave enthusiasts that never experienced the 80s/90s?

I think that the past is always a construct made by our (collective) minds, and as such any notion of an era or "generation" is just a fabrication. I was born in 1976 and I was a teen in the early 90's, and that's what I feel is "my era", but when I was living it, it was just "life". Now 25...
  6. Blue

What was your first computer system?

Hi all I'm old. My first "computer" was am Mattel Intellivision, I still have it. Then came C64 with a cassette deck, later upgraded to a floppy drive. You had to cut a small piece of off the floppy if you wanted to use both sides of it..or does my memory make up stuff of it's own..? And the...