What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! You can donate through PayPal or Patreon.Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT

IcarianDragons

Birthday
Aug 23, 2000 (Age: 21)
Occupation
serial nature enjoyer

Contact

Instagram
stoebe.z

Signature

Practitioner of the Ancient Arts, Forgotten to Most, Dedicated to Keeping the Flame Raging

https://icaria.neocities.org/

Followers

Macintosh Cafe.FM
Rules Help Users
  • Kolph:
    Might get the green for contrast and go with the diamond pattern as I'll have 18 tiles overall
  • Scuzzle:
    nice
  • Scuzzle:
    post pics
  • Math Equal Demonic Mantra:
    are CD's cool like vinyl now?
    +1
  • Scuzzle:
    CDs never stopped being cool
    when iPods were all the rage CDs took a hit
  • Rik-Disillusioned:
    Working on an agora web comic rn
  • Scuzzle:
    ya, it's almost dead tech these days.
    >tfw kids teased me in HS for bringing a cassette player to school in 2006
    @Scuzzle, high end 5 disc CD players still go for a lot on ebay
    a nice sony 5 disc player goes for over a $100 dollars
  • Kolph:
    Rik-Disillusioned said:
    Working on an agora web comic rn
    Oh hype
  • Scuzzle:
    i was rocking my walkman until maybe 1999. Then I got a job, went down to Wherehouse Music and bought a Pioneer no-skip cd player.
  • Scuzzle:
    It was amazing.
  • Scuzzle:
    I don't really miss the actual physical media, as far as the actual disc is concerned. What I really miss is liner notes.
  • Kolph:
    Math Equal Demonic Mantra said:
    are CD's cool like vinyl now?
    Not really but give it time and there will be a massive resurgence for them again like with vinyl. CD only became almost defunct in late 2015, give it another ten years and you'll have the whole millennial generation getting nostalgic for them and buying them up
    Fun fact: Earlier CD players are coveted precisely because of the fact they didn't have no skip
  • Kolph:
    Right now they are dead cheap and it's best time to collect tbh
  • Scuzzle:
    That was part of the hype of a new release from your favorite band, the booklet that came with it.
    No-skip apparently lowers the quality
  • Scuzzle:
    It does.
    Feels on the missing linear notes
    I bought a bunch of CDs from my last vacation. I went to a hipster music store and they had mystery bags. Got 2.
  • Scuzzle:
    Even towards the end of the CD era, the liner notes disappeared. The cover was just that, a cover with some kind of picture, usually of the band or artist, just one slip of paper.
    Scuzzle: Even towards the end of the CD era, the liner notes disappeared. The cover was just that, a...