JWJ212
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About Agora Gang Tags

• I sometimes find myself pondering the state of mind of those who know they are going to die soon.
    Aral
    Aral
    Some are terrified, some are curious, but at the core of it, I would say (purely a guess, I've never been close to death except probably very quick deaths like being hit by a car) that there is still a hint of fear. Our bodies are designed to survive and fear is an instinctual response notably to this. Even if you're at peace with it, or you embrace your upcoming mortality, there is still a part of you that fears this leap into the unknown. You've heard so many things about the afterlife, NDEs, and the like, but still, who knows if it's not just pure fiction? Who knows if your very existence is not actually going to end afterwards? Hell who knows if it won't be worse once you've given your last breath?

Death is the biggest leap into the unknown a human can ever experience. I don't know if that's true, this is something I'll find out when the time comes, but I feel death is kind of like when you're falling asleep and you feel like you fall, except this time you don't wake up with a jolt.
    Aral
    Aral
    I could go on and on about death to be honest, it's one of my main topics of interest.
    zaraza
    zaraza
    i have some experience with near death myself, got monoxide gas poisonig as a kid and almost died at birth, but nothing really that interesting
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…