Recent content by melo_toni

1. melo_toni

What is your "quiet"?

True, I find the knowledge that there are other people around me just living their lives oddly comforting. Especially in these times, when it's rare to get to see people in person.
  2. melo_toni

What are your favorite Vaporwave albums?

Gave the second album a listen. It was interesting but pretty tonally inconsistent. Songs ranged from generic corporate background music to straight up vaporwave. Also I thought the skit with the woman crying over the death of her friend (?) was weirdly out of place. Maybe I just didn't get it...
  3. melo_toni

What are your favorite Vaporwave albums?

Gonna have to go with the very obvious I'll Try Living Like This. There's just nothing else quite like it out there. For me the experience is all about the contrasts between the chaotic noisy parts and the sick grooves, as well as between the beautiful serene moments and the truly ugly ones...
  4. melo_toni

Is weirdcore vaporwave

I agree, weirdcore is a vast and hard-to-define aesthetic. I tried listening to a weirdcore mix on youtube and I had a tough time pinning down exactly what the sound is supposed to be. It's fairly new at the moment but given a year or so I'm sure it'll settle into something more easily...
  5. melo_toni

What are some great nature like vaporwave albums you can recommend?

Whoa it's this guy, better bust out the google translate lol. Cool that Cobalt Road does concerts though, how many people showed up?
  6. melo_toni

What are some great nature like vaporwave albums you can recommend?

Not sure if you're into vaportrap at all, but here's two that I like. Biosphere by Cobalt Road and Staqq Overflo: Elemental by Fluence:
  7. melo_toni

Is weirdcore vaporwave

This is incredible. It feels like a mix of point-and-click puzzle adventures, source game mods, and LSD Dream Emulator. If this is the direction vaporwave and vaporwave-inspired art is headed, then I don't mind one bit.
  8. melo_toni

What is your "quiet"?

I find the distinction between man and nature pretty arbitrary and inaccurate, much like the distinction between humans and animals. Just as humans are animals, man is a part of nature and always has been. We need to be more mindful of our role in the ecosystems of the world and learn to coexist...
  9. melo_toni

Introduce yourself!

Whoa, hey guys. Welcome to EB Games. What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? How I Met Your Mother because I used to be cool (lol jk) but now the world has moved on without me What does Vaporwave mean to you? It's the first genre I ever really "got into" back when I was in high school...