Recent content by mercuriata

1. mercuriata

What are you currently reading?

I love what it represents! The humanistic values it agrees with imo. Global cooperation. It's also incredibly easy to learn relative to other languages I've studied, especially considering I'm fluent in french and english.
  2. mercuriata

What are you currently reading?

Right now I'm reading a biography of Ada Lovelace. I'm at the point of her life where she moves to the big city to learn math from a couple of brilliant people of the time. Her childhood was absolutely crazy (it would take me many paragraphs to go over why). I'm looking forward to seeing what...
  3. mercuriata

Thoughts/theories on aliens?

Aliens most likely exist, but far enough from the Earth that we've had no time to spot them yet. Obviously no aliens have gotten near Earth yet, we would definitely know if they had (anything with energetic enough to travel through space and host life produces enough waste heat to be a shining...
  4. mercuriata

[POLL] What's your favorite Macintosh Cafe Theme

Mint with the flying toaster background for me! Tokyo nightshift's pretty good as well
  5. mercuriata

What's your favorite drink?

I don't want this thread to devolve into only writing about piss, but I'll say this: whenever I take B12, my piss comes out with the same colour as Mr Clean. As for my favourite drink, water. It'll quench ya
  6. mercuriata

Introduce yourself!

I'm mercuriata! I an undergrad in math and computer science. If I had to explain vaporwave to someone who didn't know about it, I'd say that it's about time, beauty, and tranquility. A poem that reminds me some about vaporwave is Percy Shelley's Ozymandias: I met a traveller from an antique...