Mew
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About Agora Gang Tags

• why are smartphones growing soooo distant from normal computers?? we carry laptop-grade computers in our pockets every day, yet we hold them to such a low fucking standard it's ridiculous. barring apple, if literally any other laptop manufacturer suddenly decided to release a "new" model without basic ports, no external storage support, inability to boot any OS besides windows with a soldered drive and read-only OS partition, with no screw holes, soldered RAM, and didn't even include the fucking power adapter in the box for $1500, no one would fucking buy it because that would be the single most retarded financial decision you could possibly make. so why is every single smartphone nowadays exactly that????
    Mew
    Mew
    at least on the laptop front we still have options to avoid these practices, like framework, tuxedo, slimbook, etc.. on the smartphone front we have almost nothing, and it's somehow only getting less and less. galaxy s10e exynos (exynos has unlocked bootloader) was peak smartphone.
    Mew
    Mew
    @llillilll at least you still have asahi linux on macbooks, but yeah everything you said is true. macbooks are trash nowadays. i will never get people who buy apple products and defend them like a cult
    vulonkaaz
    vulonkaaz
    smartphones are consoomer devices whereas laptops are a work tool, also I think it may be easier to manufacture laptops than smartphones, and it's mostly the fault of SoC manufacturers who makes the most non standard shit ever

the best we can do is put our money in companies that tries their best to do the least shitty devices possible, I have a Fairphone 3+ which is as good as it could be
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…