Ross_Я
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About Agora Gang Tags

• Fuck yes, finally managed to make my camera and capture card work with OBS again. Losing system is pain; it's been half a year ago and only now I finally managed to make these damned things to work together again. I need either to remember how I've done it this time or never ever lose my Win7 anymore.
    I'm aiming for the second. From now on - backups of my system disc is a must. I lost too much time restoring all the fine settings like this camera thing.
    Finally got around to watch a DVD which I've got back in 2011 or so with an issue of an NZV8 magazine. Man. That was quite a candy. A heap of hot-rods and tons of rockabilly and 2000's rock music on the soundtrack - all from obscure local bands from Australia and New Zealand which I've never heard about. So I've saw a lot of cool cars and discovered some new music. Awesome.
    In an off-chance that someone actually cares about cars here, I'm really writing this to notify that I will try to upload the DVD on YouTube and Internet Archive for what it takes. Hopefully it won't be taken down at least for some time.
    Alternatively, it's always a PM away. Rock'n'roll is here to stay.
    2024-02-13_180411.jpg2024-02-13_190329.jpg
    1_jnpw.jpg2-jj.jpg
    3_TAw_nDm.jpg4_r-HAt.f.jpg
    ONxwqjv9_o.jpg
    Managed to re-enable blood rather casually in PS2 version of Gladius. Fuck yeah, bleed pixels! Metal!
    2024-01-18_024210.png2024-01-18_024222.png2024-01-18_024334.png
    Definitely was much easier than my previous texture swap, because this time I've actually managed to find some lines in the code. Replacing them with strings from the XBox version of the game did the job.
    Fucking Google, suck a bag of dicks.

no.PNG
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    @Ashman Yep, e-mail client is what I will have to do it seems, because I can't stomach Google's new design. Didn't use those things for a decade... It's not my main mail though - I do not use cock.li, but I use some local services. Still, having a GMail is nice when you are contacting, you know, a bit more usual people, because they seem to react better if they see their usual GMail. Also, Google reacts better if you use GMail and doesn't move your mail to spam as often as it does. And a number of sites do not accept my main mail address to top it off.
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    Well, for whatever reason I'm still on basic HTML.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    Couple months later but they've finally actually made the switch. Fuckers...
    Man, two images per signature limit sucks.
    Punp
    Punp
    The image resize is probably just CSS, not actual image resizing. The next step is to work out what the image limit is, and at what resolutions that applies to.
    Some_porcupine
    Some_porcupine
    1020 characters or so
    so if you want to write image in base 64, it would be very tiny on resolution
    it is about bit density/size, not actual view, preview is real size
    • Coffee (Like)
    Reactions: Punp
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    It's definitely CSS, sure. And nah, screw it. I won't be able to stick in the whole line either way and it ruins the intended composition.
    This whole New Year thing got me thinking. Got me thinking about... planned obsolence. You know what convinced me planned obsolence is most definitely, undoubtedfully the thing?
    The calendar on my Ford Focus CC dashboard. Thing is, it's a 2008 (or 2009) car.
    And you can only set the calendar up to 2018 (or 2019) if my memory serves me right. Perhaps even less.
    And you know what's funny? You actually can set it on a further date. You gotta set it on the December 31, 2019, 23:59, wait a minute - boom, you are in January 1, 2020. Set it to December 31, 23:59 again, wait another minute...
    You get it, don't you? The functionality is there.
    They just didn't even imagine the car will still be running after 10 years.
    Time to post something here, I guess.
    I'm now officially on a "one Python script per year" status. After a 10-year long break in programming, I'm actually writing something again. It feels good. I hope there will be more reasons for me to write scripts in the future.
    The current script "flushes" LQ textures from the files of a particular game if it finds the same texture of a higher quality. Basically, we are kicking the LODs out. I'm never a fan of "4K Ultra HD", but the LQ textures in this particular instance were so ugly even I couldn't stand them. Spending all that time fighting the color values in Cheat Engine just to see pixels on the actual battlefield? Nah, thanks.
    Anyway, here's the result:
    2023-12-29_041538.jpg2023-12-29_041539.jpg
    2023-12-29_041638.jpg2023-12-29_041639.jpg
    2023-12-29_041646.jpg2023-12-29_041647.jpg
    llillilll
    llillilll
    Thats really impressive, are the high res textures fan-made or dev-made from later generations?
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    They are not even from later generations. Everything's in the original game. It uses HQ textures in several places, like presentation frames, when the character or an item is alone on an empty background, and switches to the LQ textures on the battlefield.
    As for the ground, rocks and other textures - I'm not even sure. I really didn't expect those textures to be upgraded as well - all I hoped for were the characters. But, I guess, the game uses HQ world textures in cutscenes or something. Whatever it is, my small program found those in the files of the game, successfully picked them up and kicked the LQ textures out of the gameplay.
    Frankly, my first approach was simply searching for some kind of a string that says "EnableLODs = 1" or something, but I wasn't that lucky.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…