Recent content by SeketMeto

1. SeketMeto

Cryptocurrencies, accelerationism, and the death of money

I do use Bitcoins and Monero for... online purchases. I sometimes also use Algo to transfer money (their fees are very small, and the transactions very fast), and LTC and some other to tip creators as an alternative to paypal. But most of my crypto is stacked and I won't touch it for at least...
  2. SeketMeto

[NEWS] United States to abandon the "1 China" Policy in favor of recognizing Taiwan as a legitimate country.

It's because Taiwan doesn't claim to be separated from China, they claim to be China and their government to be the real chinese government. This is kinda true, as the Chinese government flew to Taiwan in 1949 when the "communists" took the power in China. So it's not a two countries problem...
  3. SeketMeto

Favorite "hidden gem" releases

I'm guessing most of y'all already know this website, since compared to many here, I'm kind of a noob regarding vaporwave music. But for the few in my situation take a look at this : https://loa2k.neocities.org/ they got a fuckton of albums that I haven't seen in other places, and it's all free.
  4. SeketMeto

everyone is a fed but me

WRONG!! I'm CIA.
  5. SeketMeto

So you decided to make your own website: where do you start?

Infinity Free allows 50000 daily hits (of any size, that being said) before starting to slow you down, but yeah good point, it's not really unlimited. About free hosting vs paid hosting, what you're saying is also true, but not everybody can afford $20/year, especially for those who want to...
  6. SeketMeto

So you decided to make your own website: where do you start?

For free hosting, there is also Infinity Free which is... well free, with no ads, fast, 5go, free database (sql), free SSL and unlimited bandwidth. They're not very well known, but they've been around for some time already. If you wonder how they do it, basically they have a premium service for...
  7. SeketMeto

Cryptocurrencies, accelerationism, and the death of money

Mining coins is actually dying, because of (fair) environmental concerns, and also because it makes the network slow as fuck. Except for bitcoin, my guess is that POW (mining) is gonna disappear within the next decade. Most modern crypto use Proof Of Stake. It's a global name for a few different...
  8. SeketMeto

What upcoming Video Games are you looking forward to?

I'm waiting mostly for Zelda BOTW2. Sadly I'm not really excited anymore about new games coming out, I've been disappointed too many times during those last... well, at least 5 years. Before BOTW, the last time I remember being completely amazed by a game I was actually waiting for was Skyrim...
  9. SeketMeto

What is your favourite controller?

Yeah, that's my #1 controller for a naked run on Dark Souls!
  10. SeketMeto

NFTs Get Cucked

The banana suffers from the same problem than the rest of modern art, and than art is general. As soon as some people start evaluating it for big money (meaning, much more than their intrinsic value), then we leave the domain of art and we enter the realm of finance. Those are not pieces of art...
  11. SeketMeto

NFTs Get Cucked

To be clear, the NFT are not the image files, they are tokens acting as proof of ownership of something else (digital or not). The people using NFTs (at least the ones who know what they're doing) don't care that they're getting screenshoted. Do you remember the "piece of art" that was a banana...
  12. SeketMeto

Apparently you can even tell Goku's power level with that baby!

Apparently you can even tell Goku's power level with that baby!
  13. SeketMeto

Custom websites with No CSS a tool for decentralization of the internet or a shiny bauble for nerds.

Most people who want to make their internet home without worrying about styling are moving to the Gemini protocol which still allows a nice user experience because you write your files in markdown. It's super hard to read a HTML page with 0 CSS, and it's really not complicated to learn basic...
  14. jfk.jpg

jfk.jpg