Agora Road book club

Would you join an Agoraroad (TM) book club?

• Total voters

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
I've had this book in my to read list for a while, and it kind of resonates with the values of Agora Road so I'll propose it

The Dream Machine by M. Mitchell Waldrop
4177F91AMWL_AC_SY780_.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'd be interested in joining. My suggestions are:
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
Neuromancer by William Gibson
Sympathy For The Devil by Kent Anderson
1984 by George Orwell
I'd love to read blood meridian for a third time lmaoo (unironically tho)

Surprised to see 1984 so much in here, I think that's the one that's probably gonna win most votes....

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I think we already got enough people to start doing suggestions! So, just leave whatever you might want us to read and we'll do a votation on what we should read! Again, everything from fanfictions, light novels, non-fiction, and literature go. I'm even okay with comics or visual novels.

>Implying visual novels are art.

We could also just work our way through a canon, the /lit/ looks pretty good to me but we could use whatever else you guys want really. Here is /lit/s top 100 2020 novels for reference. I had the 2021 version saved somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig through my phone image gallery to find it lol.

(Link to the high rest image https://4chanlit.fandom.com/wiki//lit/_Top_100_Lists )
View attachment 39182
I recommend The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath. It's a <100 page book so perfect to start off. @Junious recently read it at my recommendation and said it was "an incredibly compelling read". I also re-read it recently, it's just excellent. Plus a great mix between philosophy, theology, adventure, fantasy, and horror. Can't think of a more well-rounded book as far as this club goes.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I vouch for T. S Eliot. I love his poetry, I dont care if I dont understand its themes or whateverthefuckma, he is great and his words roll off so wonderfully.
I also love T.S Elliot. But his poetry felt a bit too elevated for our first read lol. But I'll def add him to the next one

Virtual Cafe Awards