Tea Party

Oasisboi

Physical embodiment of The Oasis
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 43514
I ordered some thanks to this post and can confirm it's one of the most bitter things I've ever drank. The taste is more acidic than bad coffee or oversteeped tea and has a burning aftertaste that reminds me of chewing on my pencils as a kid. It didn't feel any more energizing than the same amount of black tea would, but I might not have drank enough to get any effect from the theacrine.
The good news is that mixing a single "stick" of Kucha in with a regular western-style pot of black tea tastes great. I tried it with some Lapsang Souchong and really liked the result. The single leaf was enough to add a noticeable bitterness and slight burning sensation that made the tea taste almost whiskey-like. I think it would go great with ginseng and ginger, as long as you don't add too much.
Can you try it using ice water? brew for like an 30 min to an hour, lemme know how it tastes

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
Can you try it using ice water? brew for like an 30 min to an hour, lemme know how it tastes
I tried this last weekend and it worked great. The tea was less astringent and the energizing effect was much stronger. Next time I'm going to try throwing in some grated ginger as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Oasisboi

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I tried this last weekend and it worked great. The tea was less astringent and the energizing effect was much stronger. Next time I'm going to try throwing in some grated ginger as well.
Excellent!! Spicing your teas up is always really really nice. I love adding mint and sometimes dill to my savory teas.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Black tea with cardamom infused water, an Iraqi classic. A perfect tea to drink the afternoon.
If you'd like to make it, here's some instructions:

1. Put a glass and a half of water into a kettle and put two cardamom pods (crack the outer shell to get the most out of it) in. Wait until the water is boiling. When it is,
2. Put roughly half a spoon of black tea leaves.
3. When you do that, a tip is to wrap the tip of the kettle with foil to trap the steam and make the tea taste "deep". I recommend doing this in the beginning.
4. Wait about five minutes, or until the water adopted a deep red color.
5. Pour and enjoy! I recommend chewing the cardamom pods, but if you're new to them, the sharp flavor might be difficult to stomach.

This is as traditional as you get with it. Hope you enjoy it! :D:

Oasisboi

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Black tea with cardamom infused water, an Iraqi classic. A perfect tea to drink the afternoon.
If you'd like to make it, here's some instructions:

1. Put a glass and a half of water into a kettle and put two cardamom pods (crack the outer shell to get the most out of it) in. Wait until the water is boiling. When it is,
2. Put roughly half a spoon of black tea leaves.
3. When you do that, a tip is to wrap the tip of the kettle with foil to trap the steam and make the tea taste "deep". I recommend doing this in the beginning.
4. Wait about five minutes, or until the water adopted a deep red color.
5. Pour and enjoy! I recommend chewing the cardamom pods, but if you're new to them, the sharp flavor might be difficult to stomach.

This is as traditional as you get with it. Hope you enjoy it! :D:
Ill try it out when I get time !!! thanks

Virtual Cafe Awards

Iommi Fan 420

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.fbi.gov
I like black tea, generally I think I oversteep it. I like the warm bitter taste, haven't gotten in to tea enough to buy loose leaves no matter how much I hear they're better.
This is my favourite I recommend it to any other self proclaimed tea peasants, occasionally I drink strong English breakfast(bags pls no hate). Or Earl Grey if I feel like something milder. No milk it makes my mouth feel funny.

1670642015234.png
(I don't know if they sell it overseas, however I don't think it's particularly remarkable)

Ardea

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm usually more of a coffee drinker but recently started to appreciate tea. Right now one of my favourites is a turmeric and ginger blend.

tea.jpeg

I should really get into brewing my own, it would probably be a lot cheaper.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Had a slightly wild party last night, my friends birthday. Sitting in their kitchen rn sipping on some yerba mate I stole from the cupboard, everyone else is still asleep.

IMG_20221211_105245.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Had a slightly wild party last night, my friends birthday. Sitting in their kitchen rn sipping on some yerba mate I stole from the cupboard, everyone else is still asleep.

View attachment 46386
You just put some mint sauce in a mug.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
I'm on a small holiday visiting my family, and I found a bunch of tea cans from Twinings. Out of all of them, only one had any tea inside, and it was full at that. The others were well used and had no tea in them, but this Lapsang Souchong was intact inside even though the outside was as weathered as the rest.
tea.jpg

This stuff is pretty old so I feel a bit like Steve1989MREInfo. Let's get this out onto a tray...
1989.jpg

Nice.

The text outside talks about it being a smoky tea appreciated by connoisseurs, but I didn't pay it any mind and pried it open (it was very hard to open).
The smell was literally that of smoked salt. I guess that's why the previous owner didn't actually try any of it.
Still, there's no need to discard it without trying it first, so I'll brew up a small cup
brewed.jpg

The smell after brewing is very smokey and very strong. Drinking it is 90% smell and 10% taste, and if I cover my nose as I drink it doesn't really taste of much. And the smell is just smoked *something*. It's hard to describe and I don't know how much the fact that this tea is 20-30+ years old affects anything.

After a bit more research this tea is used for blends, which makes sense, but it's also used as a base for stock (!).
So I can make some stew from tea aged for 30 years

Virtual Cafe Awards

WalmartPartyPoison

Sleep Deprived Idiot
Reaction score
Awards
Matcha all the way. I will also accept the Cherry Blossom green tea they sell at the local pantry, or really just any tea at all. My matcha whisk is waiting for someone other than me.