s0ren
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Awards About Agora Gang Tags

• 1613898183-3caee22a0cf05bc06eb1646eaf9b7a04.jpeg
    A professor at a university in Canada is receiving a Canada Research Chair (Tier 1), one of the most desirable research awards in the country, for the following:

"[redacted]'s research program will analyze the interdisciplinary contours of Black Studies and the emergence of ecological and aesthetic themes in this field. Theorizing interdisciplinarity as a decolonial epistemology and methodology, the project uniquely decenters self-identity and emphasizes collaborative and creative knowledge-making as entwined with physiography. Specifically, drawing out and employing methodologies in Black Studies will uncover a sustained engagement with how the racial dimensions of climate catastrophe are creatively theorized in black communities."

As far as I can tell, this means that they are researching how black teens make tiktoks about climate change???????
    s0ren
    s0ren
    Second, black nationalism, like all nationalism, is born from the deep desire for community and self-determination. Its spark was ignited when slaves were deprived of their nationhood and it was further enflamed upon being deprived of participation of what should be their nation once freed. As I understand it, the formal project of black nationalism began with educated blacks engaging with the ideas of their white contemporaries. It developed in parallel to the same notions of nationalism in 19th century Europe. This parallel project is often underexamined because of its transnational nature, the initial black nationalists were interested in the whole community of the African diaspora and not some clearly defined geographical nation as European nationalism developed is. Eventually, the transnational project was abandoned in favor of focusing on African-Americans.
    s0ren
    s0ren
    White nationalism, at least the American brand you seem to be referring to, is born out of the fear that the depriving of community and sovereignty is currently happening to white Americans (i.e. replacement theory, etc.) as it previously did to African Americans.

Your statement just seemed odd to me as Trotsky was born probably like 100 years after proto-black nationalism started to emerge as an ideological project. And I'm only really calling you out on it because I think it's an interesting conversation.
    Kolph
    Wish I had the fucks to take part in political discussions these days but "don't care", "you're wrong" and "bet you take it up the arse" serve me too well.
    I recently learned about the "fat community" and boy am I not impressed

6m80g4dy4m881.jpg
    Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意
    Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意
    @s0ren I've known a lot of unhealthy people and a lot of fat, insane slobs before, and people would always say shit like, "Omg I have chronic condition that causes pain blah blah blah" and I was like "Okay, sure, whatever", but the fact that they think they have a chronic condition because they think weight isn't an actual issue makes sooooo much sense now.
    s0ren
    s0ren
    @Jessica The problem seems to be that among certain circles in the fat acceptance crowd, particularly among young fatties on tumblr, they have incorrectly extended the idea that "fat bodies can be healthy" to "all fat bodies are healthy." This is a fallacy that can be boiled down to incorrectly using an existential quantifier (there exists some x such that x is fat and x is healthy) to create a universal quantifier (for all x, if x is fat then x is healthy). As a result of upholding this belief, nothing can be the fault of fat.

I'm also starting to think that some of these accounts have to be bots. This many people cannot be coping so hard, I really think this is foreign interference to further increase the unhealthiness of America.
    Still a Youth
    Still a Youth
    i was always under the impression that these people were just using it as a motivation to say "be okay with your body, that's where you start to get healthy", but no. they just want to revel in obesity. i feel bad for 'em tbh
    RIG
    RIG
    did you know the feds have been wanting u 2 make this post and have gas lit you into doing it. no free will
    s0ren
    s0ren
    @Riktempest how can gaslighting be real when no one can afford gas anymore???
    Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意
    Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意
    @s0ren All the more reason to gas light you. The government is in bed with the oil barons, who are in bed with the Arabs and the Chinese to mine cheap fuel and resell it at a 400% increase as a way to starve Americans of their capability to work and travel. thus making the common American weak and poor. This is only cemented when they gas light you, because the Arabs basically give Rothschild free oil, so when he sells it to the government at cents to the dollar, the government can both wildly spend it, causing its price to inflate, which allows them to artificially inflate their artificially inflated consumer prices.
    • LOL
    Reactions: s0ren
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…