What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! You can donate through PayPal or Patreon.

Search results

1. l@in is here

Pre-2000's Anime General

Trigun's a show that I've known about for forever but somehow haven't watched yet, definitely need to get to it someday. Also thanks for recommending The Irresponsible Captain Tyler, I just checked the OP and it oozes with 90's charm.
  2. l@in is here

Anarchy

The funny thing is that I really do have 20/20 vision
  3. l@in is here

everyone is a fed but me

Nagolbud hasn't posted in a while...
  4. no_u.jpg

no_u.jpg

5. l@in is here

Ghislaine Maxwell Trial Thread (Jeffrey's Epstein Chief Child Trafficker)

That Omicron variant sure was well timed. Reminds me how Bill Gates was in hot water for his Epstein connections, but then Covid happened and now he's being promoted as some sort of savior for his funding of vaccines and involvement with the W.H.O
  6. l@in is here

Anarchy

View: https://youtu.be/YWdrd6SIgR8 (Protip: after watching the video, read the description.)
  7. l@in is here

Finally watching Cereal Experiments Lain

I've been thinking about the Megaman Battle Network series recently as well. Less the anime then the games, although I did watch the anime as a kid. It's fascinating how in many ways the MMBN series pointed out the obvious flaws with stupid things like "The Internet of Things" (Like yeah, maybe...
  8. l@in is here

Anarchy

View: https://youtu.be/FNSan5v3PYw
  9. l@in is here

What was your childhood video game handheld?

I'm going to have to disagree about the durability of the DS Lite. I lent it to my sister for half an hour and when I came back the colors on the top screen were permanently distorted. Of course she, "didn't do anything", until years later she finally admitted to dropping it. Also, I had...
  10. l@in is here

Pre-2000's Anime General

Job Truniht is the most realistic portrayal of a politician in any anime... ever. This only becomes more true as you get through the show and you see how he reacts to changes. He is slime to the core. And the single best argument against democracy is the fact that sleezeballs like him always...
  11. l@in is here

One word only game

and
  12. l@in is here

Finally watching Cereal Experiments Lain

What episode of Lain are you currently up to? Everyone is different, but what I typically recommend people do is just try to enjoy the crazy ride that it is for a first time viewing. You won't start putting the pieces together until a second viewing. I rewatch the show almost annually, but...
  13. l@in is here

A.I takeover?

Whenever you're ready for it, I'm interested. For lack of a better word you sound more redpilled than I am. But I have to say, from personal observations things have felt real funky starting around 2016. And they've only been feeling weirder (more unreal) with every passing year until this Covid...
  14. l@in is here

Post Video Game Music

Nice to find another fan of Ryu Umemoto and PC-98 music! Over the years I've been adding to this playlist of PC-98 soundtracks. It's a work in progress, but it (currently) is a collection of almost 100 tracks from a wide variety of PC-98 games/visual novels: PC 98 OSTs Link And truly, RIP Ryu...
  15. In dedication to.png

In dedication to.png

16. l@in is here

Your own visual reports of non-places

A lot of the mood created by liminal spaces has to do with taking a snapshot of scenery that is meant to be dynamic. Liminal spaces are areas of transition that are frozen in time, where the transition never actually happens. For instance, I'm going to to upload two photos (one edited, the other...
  17. my house liminal space unedited.jpg

my house liminal space unedited.jpg

18. my house liminal space1 edit.jpg

my house liminal space1 edit.jpg

19. l@in is here

A.I takeover?

I would love to hear any new ideas/speculations/thoughts you have on the Metaverse. I don't care how borderline schizo it might sound.
  20. l@in is here

The significance of Omicron

This is probably just a very partial reason, but omicron is timed quite well to distract people from the Ghislaine Maxwell trial
Macintosh Cafe.FM
Help Users
  • Sigma Draconis:
    reggaeton is colombian or venezuelan?
  • Sweet n' Comfy:
    Sigma Draconis said:
    don worry :D
  • Thermite:
    this would be a popular position i believe
    CognacDefender said:
    I think that we should publicly execute all the politicians.
  • Thermite:
    russian grammar is much less romantic. are you analytical? @xandra ?
  • Ruby Hexagon:
    I like how @Sweet n' Comfy always reply to quotes 30 minutes later, sweet colombian internet
    +1
  • xandra:
    not indian. white af as much as italian americans want to act like we're POC so bad
    Ruby Hexagon said:
    why are you assuming he/she/it isn't indian?
  • Thermite:
    i blame hasan piker
    xandra said:
    not indian. white af as much as italian americans want to act like we're POC so bad
  • xandra:
    lmaooooooo that meme was p good
    +1
  • CognacDefender:
    I didn't know Sweet was Colombian.
  • xandra:
    @Thermite, maybe that's why. it just makes more sense
    +1
  • Thermite:
    subs in the trunk is so based
    Sweet n' Comfy said:
    +1
  • xandra:
    plus, learning a language that you literally have to learn the sounds with new symbols makes it so much easier. i keep mixing up my i/e noises in italian
    +2
  • Sweet n' Comfy:
    xandra said:
    i literally left the south because it was so bad. no wage growth, no protections for workers or tenants. everyone was broke and just trying to fight for baseline needs. i'm in a much better situation here and doing the best i've ever done personally & professionally.
    Well, it depends for some people. I wouldn't like to go to a leftist place because of increased tax rates and such. As such I'm impressed by how much taxes the USA has given it always had this "capitalist paradise" stereotype along with the libertarian thingy
    +2
  • CognacDefender:
    I've been doing Spanish since I was young
    and I could still only understand a bit of that video.
  • CognacDefender:
    Fuck my life.
  • Thermite:
    i absolutely fucking love techno guys https://planetxsociety.bandcamp.com/track/brutal-man
  • Ruby Hexagon:
    @CognacDefender: it's difficult accent to understand lol
  • Ruby Hexagon:
    andalusian + cani
  • Sweet n' Comfy:
    xandra said:
    ideally yes! i'm trying to learn italian but i am awful at it. better at russian, weirdly. but maybe not move there. sicily's not doing so great.
    I'm also learning russian, i find cases the hardest thing to master because of how different it is. The alphabet comes easy but the rest isn't as much. Most european countries are in the dumps, I think that what matters at the end is not so much the economy but rather if people are respectful and kind
    +2
  • Sweet n' Comfy:
    Sigma Draconis said:
    reggaeton is colombian or venezuelan?
    Latin American
    +1
  • Thermite:
    there's a decently sized push in sf right now to cut taxes and replace them with a land value tax. neolibs trying to appease maoists is interesting
    Sweet n' Comfy said:
    Well, it depends for some people. I wouldn't like to go to a leftist place because of increased tax rates and such. As such I'm impressed by how much taxes the USA has given it always had this "capitalist paradise" stereotype along with the libertarian thingy
  • xandra:
    100% depends person to person. i believe that everyone should make the decisions that directly benefit them. moving to california was the best thing i've ever done tbqh. even with the increased tax rates, i'm making more money and able to save more than i ever could've gotten back in the south.
    Sweet n' Comfy said:
    +1
  • Sweet n' Comfy:
    Ruby Hexagon said:
    I like how @Sweet n' Comfy always reply to quotes 30 minutes later, sweet colombian internet
    I end up watching the videos you send and I like them so I rewatch them and end up a little bit behind the convo
    +1
  • Sweet n' Comfy:
    CognacDefender said:
    I didn't know Sweet was Colombian.
    :LaughHard::LaughHard::LaughHard::LaughHard::LaughHard::LaughHard:DKcHaMp Were did ya think I was from? Columbia, D.C?
    Sweet n' Comfy: I didn't know Sweet was...