1980s

1. Emmy Fitz

Airbrush Surrealism - Aesthetic Highlight #17

Airbush Surrealism (c. mid-1970s-mid 1980s) Airbrush surrealism was an aesthetic popular during much of the 1970s and 80s. Characterized by its strong use of soft colors and scale, it was notable for being in advertisements, album art, and general sci-fi related art. Personally, this...
  2. kenetic.wav

video

Hiii Everyone I randomly put this visual 2gether for 1 of my fav songs "Hit the Spot" by Surfing (@sssurfinggg). I hope they don't mind lol I just wanted to show my appreciation to their contribution to the vaporwave community! I hope y'all enjoy the video ! video link: View...
  3. SURF! 2000, by New Faces Make Me Nervous

SURF! 2000, by New Faces Make Me Nervous

surf the web with this collection; from the late 60s to the 80s, 90s, and the new millennium! 1. SURF! 2000 01:37 buy track 2. NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE MY WORLD 02:29 3. TURN BACK TIME 02:08 4. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE 03:09 5. WAITING 4 ME 01:43 6. WHAT'S LOVE? 02:59 7. TAKE WHAT YOU GET 02:29 8...
  4. Emmy Fitz

Festival Marketplace - Aesthetic Highlight #6

Festival Marketplace (c. late 1970s-mid 1980s) Festival marketplace was an aesthetic common in retail locations during the late 1970s through the end of the '80s. It's known for its warm colors and Midwestern feel, and was seen in malls, grocery stores, and other shopping outlets. It can...
  5. Emmy Fitz

Utopian Scholastic - Aesthetic Highlight #4

Utopian Scholastic (c. late 1980s-late 1990s) Utopian Scholastic was a popular aesthetic amongst children from the late '80s to the late '90s. Usually paired with edutainment programs, books, and museums, the style goes for "timeless" typography, collages composed of stock images, and an...
  6. Emmy Fitz

Global Village Coffeehouse - Aesthetic Highlight #1

Good evening. I got an idea. I'm going to start weekly threads based on specific aesthetics from long ago, and we can discuss the style, have memories, and share examples of this retro aesthetic. Let me know what you all think of this idea. :) This week's Aesthetic Highlight: Global Village...
  7. IlluminatiPirate

What do you think of vaporwave enthusiasts that never experienced the 80s/90s?

With vaporwave being a recent genre in the grand scheme of things, it is logical that some people born in the 2000s, such as me, would discover and enjoy vaporwave. But at its core, vaporwave is a nostalgic genre, nostalgic for something we simply can't have nostalgia for. Do you think it...