What's new

1990s

1. Emmy Fitz

Utopian Scholastic - Aesthetic Highlight #4

Utopian Scholastic (c. late 1980s-late 1990s) Utopian Scholastic was a popular aesthetic amongst children from the late '80s to the late '90s. Usually paired with edutainment programs, books, and museums, the style goes for "timeless" typography, collages composed of stock images, and an...
  2. Emmy Fitz

Whimsigothic - Aesthetic Highlight #3

Whimsigothic (1990s) Whimsigothic is an aesthetic that was popular throughout the entirety of the '90s, growing out of the popularity of Tim Burton, mainstreamification of gothic culture, and Margo Chase's graphic design. It's often seen on albums, promotional artwork, interior design, and...
  3. Emmy Fitz

Factory Pomo - Aesthetic Highlight #2

I think I'm going to do these aesthetic highlights sometime every weekend from here on out. Factory Pomo (c. early-mid 1990s) Factory Pomo is an aesthetic that grew out of the computer craze of the early 1990s. While the aesthetic is harder to define than Global Village Coffeehouse, you know...
  4. Emmy Fitz

Global Village Coffeehouse - Aesthetic Highlight #1

Good evening. I got an idea. I'm going to start weekly threads based on specific aesthetics from long ago, and we can discuss the style, have memories, and share examples of this retro aesthetic. Let me know what you all think of this idea. :) This week's Aesthetic Highlight: Global Village...
Macintosh Cafe.FM
Help Users
    llillilll: goodnight besiton