What's new

Isaac Ascii - Disco Lento: Round 2 [new Italowave album, OUT NOW!]

Macintosh Cafe.FM
Help Users
  • lobster45:
    But other times, we get it so, so wrong.
    Link
  • mast:
    I'm running the risk of sounding like an edgy teenager here but the amount of times I've heard someone wax poetic about some cape shit film is mind boggling
    Link
  • lobster45:
    Oh believe me
    Link
  • lobster45:
    Oh BELIEVE me
    Link
  • lobster45:
    I understand.
    +1
    Link
  • mast:
    it's just embarrassing to hear people describe a fucking Demi Lovato song as "moving"
    +1
    Link
  • lobster45:
    I was at a restaurant having dinner earlier tonight, and they were playing the first Captain America on the wall and something occurred to me, hold on
    Link
  • lobster45:
    There's that whole plotline in the Winter Soldier or whatever where the gunships that the para-military Marvel organization is building all come equipped with high-velocity, high-precision machine-gun/sniper-rifle cannons on the bottom that can be used to target anyone on a list that's uploaded to the para-military org's central computer.
    Link
  • lobster45:
    Was that a ref to the Drone Kill List the Obama Administration drew up, or is that just a historical coincidence?
    Link
  • mast:
    hard to say
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    American capeshit the way I see it is just mindless fun entertainment. If I want to watch ridiculous fight scenes and shit get blown up ill enjoy it but idgaf about the plot really.
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    Industrial age American animation is pretty fascinating to me though. 20s 30s 40s 50s 60s. Nobody made anything else like it in the world and it seems really far ahead of it's time visually.
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    Like old disney and WB where every frame was drawn by hand on an immense scale.
    Link
  • lobster45:
    They basically invented what we know today as the modern cartoon.
    +1
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    A few people on here have inspired me to learn more about Japan than the teeny bit I kinda knew. It has definitely solidified my desire to travel there although living there itself seems intimidating even if just due to the language barrier
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    lobster45 said:
    They basically invented what we know today as the modern cartoon.
    The fact that they did this when "computer" was just some obscure profession is mind blowing
    Link
  • lobster45:
    Just sitting for like fourteen hours a day for two years, animating characters
    +1
    Link
  • lobster45:
    Back when they used to have sometimes just one or two guys as the design leads for each character instead of whole teams and committees.
    +1
    Link
  • lobster45:
    Those guys were basically just actors who drew themselves performing. Absolutely insane.
    +1
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    This is the kind of innovative shit that I wish still came out of the US
    +1
    Link
  • lobster45:
    You and me both kid.
    Link
  • lobster45:
    You and me both.
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    To be fair idk if anyone does that anymore lol
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    I own an old US designed truck pre EFI. Still works amazingly and is simple but effective. Now no offense but "Made in USA" a lot of the time means Chinese quality at Japanese prices
    Link
  • sicsicksicks:
    Hollywood stuff bores tf out of me except Tarantino he is at least more "organic" and he will probably go into the list of great directors one day in a few decades when he gets old
    +1
    Link
    sicsicksicks: Hollywood stuff bores tf out of me except Tarantino he is at least more "organic" and he will... +1