3am thoughts

Sultana

⌰⍜⍙ ⏁⟟⟒⍀ ⏃⌰⟟⟒⋏
Reaction score
Awards
What is a blind man to a deaf man, and a deaf man to a blind man?

Virtual Cafe Awards
I always thought it would be pretty funny if someone who lost their sense of taste tried to equate themselves to the deaf and blind.
you could lick all the Nintendo switch carts that you wanted!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I always thought it would be pretty funny if someone who lost their sense of taste tried to equate themselves to the deaf and blind.
There's a guy who got a cancer in his tongue and had to have it cut out, so he tried to replace it with a makeshift tongue using fat from his butt
except the tongue is pretty much all muscle and no fat so he can't move it anyway and every so often I really stop and wonder what on earth he was thinking

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
There's a guy who got a cancer in his tongue and had to have it cut out, so he tried to replace it with a makeshift tongue using fat from his butt
except the tongue is pretty much all muscle and no fat so he can't move it anyway and every so often I really stop and wonder what on earth he was thinking
This made me seriously reflect on the need for a puke reaction on this forum.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards
I kind of almost wonder if most if not all mental disorders experienced in the industrial world are negative mutations of previous traits once common to mankind and other human subspecies early in evolutionary history.
Probably. Perhaps they're outgrowths of traits which didn't necessarily harm the chances of breeding, or in some cases may have even enhanced them.

It wasn't that long ago that being the very best and cunning killer pushed you pretty high up the social hierarchy

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Probably. Perhaps they're outgrowths of traits which didn't necessarily harm the chances of breeding, or in some cases may have even enhanced them.

It wasn't that long ago that being the very best and cunning killer pushed you pretty high up the social hierarchy
True, but we live in a time where any form of aggression is looked down upon and is associated with nemesis's that threaten the stability and ability for people to pursue what they feel like is their personal freedom to indulge in whatever they want. To me at least, humanity is a lot more diverse and "strange" in a sense biologically as well as mentally that scientists like to say they assume.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cybercola

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I kind of almost wonder if most if not all mental disorders experienced in the industrial world are negative mutations of previous traits once common to mankind and other human subspecies early in evolutionary history.
my insomnia means i was genetically meant to be the tribe's night watchman. the anxiety and paranoia meant i would be really good at it. hell, that makes sense

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
my insomnia means i was genetically meant to be the tribe's night watchman. the anxiety and paranoia meant i would be really good at it. hell, that makes sense
*le evolutionary biology* explanations pull of out of nowhere for whatever remotely weird aspect of one's behaviors are so ridiculous. The reason you have insomnia, anxiety and paranoia is way far from being an "evolutionary trait" or whatever.

Virtual Cafe Awards
True, but we live in a time where any form of aggression is looked down upon and is associated with nemesis's that threaten the stability and ability for people to pursue what they feel like is their personal freedom to indulge in whatever they want. To me at least, humanity is a lot more diverse and "strange" in a sense biologically as well as mentally that scientists like to say they assume.
Its true, but its also mind boggling to think that for 300,000 years of homo sapien existence only about 100ish years of that is the time you're describing.

Its hard to undo hundreds of thousands of years of instinct.

Virtual Cafe Awards