• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

5000 members (and 5 more)

• Thread starter RIG
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 861 times.

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
44196919-950C-4F6C-88F3-ADFB0EABC6E0.jpeg

agora is at 5,000 members so it had me thinkin'

how has agora changed since you've joined? are we going to celebrate the big 5? i remember the 3,000 member celebration

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
There may be 5K members. But I rarely and almost never see new people. That could be just me though, I mainly see the same set of 20-40 (?) people.
i like seeing number go up

would drink a beer to number go up
beer GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

agoratoad

hello
Reaction score
Awards
Website
basementcommunity.com
There may be 5K members. But I rarely and almost never see new people. That could be just me though, I mainly see the same set of 20-40 (?) people.
i like to read threads in bed at night but it's a lot of effort to post laying on your side :dancrobot:

agoratoad

hello
Reaction score
Awards
Website
basementcommunity.com

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
THE MAN, THE LEGEND, AGORA TOAD

@mydadiscar I told you it wasn't a myth he is real.
Finally, it has been acknowledged... it has gotten the recognition it deserves...
1700547031720.png

I knew it wasn't a myth dammit, I knew it was real, only true roadmen ("travellers" is what we call newfags, us who are always on the road are ROADMEN doesnt matter the gender) know about the agora toad and recognise it as the superior mascot to agora-chan, particularly because unlike agora-chan its mascot-hood is the best kept secret on the site (this is all true and honest and all who oppose it will have their kneecaps integrity tested via crowbar courtesy of the temple of the toad)

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
honestly i think agora is better without a ton of changes ... i like how its kinda same-y
i think if it was any other way it wud kinda go against the whole idea of agora anywayz ROFL
i feel like the activity level, active members, etc is like literally perfect rn :p

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
honestly i think agora is better without a ton of changes ... i like how its kinda same-y
i think if it was any other way it wud kinda go against the whole idea of agora anywayz ROFL
i feel like the activity level, active members, etc is like literally perfect rn :p
back in my day there were no style settings and there was a nagol troll

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Angry
Reactions: eve

Kyou

prodaucet by 戯画 2004
Reaction score
Awards
>Supposed 5000 members
>Rhodes is Deleted Member 4436
Maybe we were the Dead Internet the whole time...

Last edited:

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
Seems I joined right around the time a bunch of older active accounts decided to quit, rhodes, linkrat, Kaufman, Memoryhead, jessicacho, manpaint, TF, and quite a few others who's names I don't recall off the top of my head.
I see new people all the time, but it's rare that any person becomes an active poster, most either leave or become lurkers whom may post occasionally. In addition, your perception can change depending on what portion of the site you tend to use relative to others. Using myself as an example, other people may commonly see me post under various different forum topics, but will very rarely see me in the profile post list, or in chat since I don't commonly participate in either of those.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Agora changed because I am here. I changed it. Everything is worse now that I am present, and I do not plan on leaving.
we sometimes we need a villain so we can all come together as a community and complain

thank you for your service
sad metal gear solid GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

selfKaiHarness

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'll be staying here as long as the Agora Road withstands the test of time ten years down the line, even if it's dead i'll stay around like a old grandparent sitting down on the rocking chair with a bunch of CRT monitors plugged in full of static, a pile of VHS tapes next to a collection of VCRs watching the sunset remembering all the good times i have in this forum. It'll stay that way for me in the future years to come. Even though the internet i feel is collapsing on itself due to antisocial media facing a heavy decline in quality, i feel that the old internet may be reborn not as a greedfest but as a rebirth of the old webrings, fan sites, etc in a evolved form. We shall see in early December when all of us has a huge technological jump in millions of years forward onward from outdated circut boards to literal quantum technology that has once been hidden from us but now shall be mass produced to the public.

More gohan.jpg
The future of the internet is bleak for most of us, but for me and a few others we will see a rebirth of the old internet but in a new quantum form. I believe Agora Road will evolve from the old centralized internet to a new decentralized Quantum Internet where no government can touch anything on it for many years to come.

Oh jeez, am i rambling again?! Of course i am, silly me!

So cute and innocent.jpg

God, am i such a goober am i? Well, like i said i'll stay here as long as this forum lives on to tell the tales of the Agora Road for many years to come. Don't worry, i'm not leaving just taking turns being lurker to poster and lurker again lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

HammerKoopa

The King of the Walruses //セイウチキング
Reaction score
Awards
Website
walrus-island.neocities.org
Seems I joined right around the time a bunch of older active accounts decided to quit, rhodes, linkrat, Kaufman, Memoryhead, jessicacho, manpaint, TF, and quite a few others who's names I don't recall off the top of my head.

I relate to the sentiment even if i came about half a year after you. I've come to find a feeling of solace in this place, its always nice to see the same faces pop up, it still feels real and the reason i plan on sticking around. I've gone silent for weeks at a time from time to time to focus on me own crap, but i know ill always eventually return to this forum. I dont consider meself an active poster quite yet tho because of that and because of not wanting to add to threads unless i actually have something to add to it or spot a quality shitpost opportunity :MacTonight:

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
I see new people all the time, but it's rare that any person becomes an active poster, most either leave or become lurkers whom may post occasionally. In addition, your perception can change depending on what portion of the site you tend to use relative to others. Using myself as an example, other people may commonly see me post under various different forum topics, but will very rarely see me in the profile post list, or in chat since I don't commonly participate in either of those.
Same here. I see people posting about stuff in the chat, and occasionally look at profile post lists but rarely do anything in either

Virtual Cafe Awards