A Question Of Reality

MrFiredragon613

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This is more of a personal question for you guys. I'm just curious as to what your answers will be.
You have the option to plug into a virtual world where your dream life awaits you, but once plugged in you can never return to the real world.
Do you do it?
Why or why not?
What if, once you were plugged in, you wouldn't know that it was all fake? Would this change your answer?

Virtual Cafe Awards

夢遊病者

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I often feel like I'm already plugged in. A dream world where everything's possible, and life's perfect as it is. If I plugged myself in again, it would mean I was too weak to maintain my dream life, and I'm running away to somewhere where it's even easier. No matter how shitty the world might be, there are always nice people around you if you're looking hard enough. I don't need a dream life to find those. No matter whether that hypothetical world exists, I wouldn't throw away my chance to live for it. Life's shit, and hard, but getting the good parts yourself is far more worth it than being given it. I stay here to lucid dream.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
This doesn't work for me, because I dream of seeing beyond the illusions of my reality to the fundamental Truth of existence, not some kind of random hedonism. My wish fulfilment would be directly countered by plugging in, since what drives me is curiosity and a desire for transcendence.

(yes I sound like a twat but this is genuinely true)

Virtual Cafe Awards
What if, once you were plugged in, you wouldn't know that it was all fake?
What if we all made the choice to plug in and are living that reality right now?
images (8).jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards