Adventures on the Agora Road [RP]

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Join us on our eternal travel down the Agora Road, a never ending path of asphalt through the wasteland!

What's the story?
Most of humanity have uploaded their minds into the matrix-esque singularity called NET (neural etheralness tank), leaving earth behind after they depleted most its natural resources and devastated it in wars.
Yet a few lonesome souls refused to join NET and found themselves roaming a world together with other rejects, rogue AIs and a slowly reclaiming nature.

Living in this world, you will sooner or later find the Agora Road, a mysterious pathway, ever going westbound. Travelers have claimed to have been following it for several years and have yet to see a sight twice.

What awaits you on the Road?
The Road is usually 20m wide and made of asphalt with a white line dividing the middle. It can however change its shape and composition to become a wooden bridge, a winding mountain path or a dirt road.
Usually it leads through prairie like wasteland, Route 66 style, but Travelers tell tales of the Road leading them through medieval towns, caves and even over Islands.
There also happens to be train tracks following alongside the Road.
One thing you can rely on is the frequent Illuminati-brand motel and gas station chain. No one knows who built them (let alone the Road, for that matter) but these buildings are (usually) a safe haven for travelers to stock up on supplies, gas and to rest up.
Along your journey you will meet other travelers but also bandits, mutants, rogue robots and many other dangers so never tavel unprepared and pay respects to the Road Song!

What is the Road Song?
Over the years, many myths and legends sprung to life revolving around the Road. Travelers treat the Road to be more than just a means to an end. "She" has a personality and moods and you best respect her, like old sailors respected the seven Seas.
It's said that blocking the Road for other travelers brings bad luck and saying a prayer to her every time you rest is said to provide smooth riding.
Most of these quirks and tales have been composed into songs that travelers sing as that's just what you do when you're bored and the collection and creed of these songs is called the Road Song.

Who are you?
You are a Traveler. Tell us where you came from and how you found the Agora Road and why you follow it.
You can be a anything from a sentient robot, mutated lizardman or medieval knight riding on a horse as the Road appears to lead through more than just pockets of space and time.
A very important detail is how you travel. Do you have a Mad Max style jeep with spikes, ride on a skateboard or prefer to take it slow and go by foot? You're sure that the Illuminati gas stations will have whatever powers your ride.

Why don't we just go by plane?
For some reason, the Agora Road is not visible from above.

Where does the journey begin?

sunset-route-66-road-mountains-wallpaper-preview.jpg

The first characters to join will find themselves standing infront of a road block. Several rusty, broken down cars are blocking the path forward...

How do I join?
Make a character here! <- This is also the OOC thread for discussion!

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Okay here we go!

[OOC: I will force some of you into groups, feel free to break out of them or protest them in the OOC thread. I think it's easier to have 2-3 people teams instead of all 8 chars being in one big blob all the time. Also I think we will need a literal road map sooner or later]

Andy was tapping the steering wheel of his car to beat of Lying Eyes by the Eagles, humming a few tunes here and there as he has just shoved a casette tape into the old Mercede's radio unit. Next to him in the divers seat the mechanical crab known as Crobster (@NSoph) snapped and clanked in unison with his(?) mechanical claws. Maybe 2 hours ago Andy drove by this odd robot and as the Road Song suggests: Always give a fellow Travelera ride if you can! - so he did.
An odd duo for sure but at least in the moment they seem to get along.

The sun was high in the sky, just past noon. In the distance, the two notice a road block. Three old, rusty cars with tires long gone flat have been moved onto the Road perpendicular to it. Andy brakes slowly and lowers the music's volume. He turns to Crobster
"What do you think about this? Looks like an obvious trap to me..." Andy asked and then turns back to squinting his eyes in hopes to make out a person or something but he can't see anything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Not far behind Andy and Crobster, two riders are closing in onto the scene:
@Aral Khanym on her horse next to Gongar (@GothMonk) on his mechanical dino steed. Aral found the conversation so far to be rather dull [Or did she?] but it's not often you see a caveman from the future.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
Crobster signs letters in the air with his claw
C A U T I O U S
R E A D Y W E A P O N

The mechanical arthropod as an unnatural ambush predator scans the environment for a possible place to hide in case of hostilities.
12044811.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Hastily, Andy reaches over to the glove box, opens it and pulls out his old colt revolver, cocks the hammer and tucks it behind his back into his waistband, his Hawaii shirt hiding the grips.
"Ok buddy, I go out and try to negotiate. They probably just want the fuel. While I distract them you can set an ambush" Andy whispers in a nervous tone and heavy breath, his voice cracking through here and there.

He opens the car door and takes three steps towards the road block, arms strechted far above his head with his palms open.
"HEY!", he yells "I don't want any trouble, just take what you want and let me pass"

As if it was their command word, 5 figures jump out from behind the rusty cars, obviously armed. Their heads are bald and eye sockets deep, one of them has a tattoo of a snake on the side of his face that curls around his left eye onto his forehead - he's obviously the leader as he's the only one with a firearm. He points what looks like a homemade Luty style submachine gun at Andy. One other wields an also clearly home made crossbow while they rest hold an axe, a club and a knife. The knife wielder is deformed by mutations. He's just 4feet tall at most and is hunched over like a gargoyle, sitting ontop of one of the cars. Several pocks and tumors cover his sickly looking bald head with a few thin strands of hair oozing out at places.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Aral is finding indeed the conversation rather dull. It's difficult to communicate with someone you have such a period gap with. However, she sticks with Gongar as to not leave him alone. It would probably be dangerous to do so in an unknown place, who knows what's hiding around?

Virtual Cafe Awards

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
Crobster grabs his trusty knife "Baconsbane", crawls out the door behind Andy and conceals himself underneath the car, waiting for prey

Virtual Cafe Awards

GothMonk

Intergalactic Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Awards
Gongar get's prepared, still mounted on his dino steed slowly approaching. He grunts and prepares his electric keytar and club for any trouble.

He wishes that this encounter would not be so bothersome on a nice day.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
One of the thugs spots the two riders Aral and Gongar in the back behind Andy's car. The crossbow dude shifts his aim over from Andy to the two: "You back there, stay where you are and don't get involved!"
The Snake tattoo guy jumps over the cover, his barrel steadily pointing at the comedian's chest. "Hey Fitz!", he barks at his friend with the axe "come with me and shake this guy down and see what we have here!"
The two bandits carefully approach and the axe guy is now patting Andy down to see if he's armed. It will be in a few seconds he will notice Andy's revolver...

1683818604942.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Aral is taken aback by the thugs and freezes upon hearing their voices. Her horse, however, gets tense and starts acting up due to the tension it feels in the environment.

"Whoa, calm down, it's better to stay in place"... she whispers to her horse, trying to calm it down, because if it were to run towards the thugs, it could get troublesome.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NSoph

The Singularity is Now
Reaction score
Awards
If Axedudes does not wear full length-trousers: Crobster rushes out from under the car and lodges Baconsbane in Axedudes lower leg
If Axedudes ankles are covered: Crobster attacks Axedudes genitals

Virtual Cafe Awards
SP tries to map surrounding. it got chameleon cricuit and react to POV of viewer, so we cant agree on anything. seems like non-euclidian... torus of torii of torii.... like dna helix, twisten into big infinite torus-like TOCAMAK spheroid... you see everything at once, above you, under you, confussed. you try to jump up or thru other path. you cant. it will be long road.
is this real, are we in simulation, always was, on drugs, it fights back?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
The air fills with Grongar's music as he presses the keys on his instrument. The unexpected volume of the tunes makes everyone loose their focus if just for a second. Aral's steed wasn't happy with the situation to begin with and the sudden noise was the final straw: It rears up and then rushes forth!
In this very instant, Andy tries to pistol whip Snakedude [rolled 1d6 -> 2] but the gang leader was too quick to react and catches Mr. Kaufman's arm just before the Colt't grip was about to connect with that nasty tatoo. Luckily [1d100 -> 12] Aral's horse comes rushing in and tramples Snake dude who falls to the ground.
Which means he's now laying next to the axe guy because while all of this was going on, Crobster stuck his Baconsbane deep into Axedude's calf pulling downwards diagonally, severing the Achilles tendon in the process.

[We now have 4 targets close to crossbow dude: Aral, her horse, Andy and Crobster. I will roll a 1d4 and see who he shoots at: 4! So crobster is the target. I essentially flip coins for successes with 1d6 where a 4+ is a success anda 1-3 is a fail. The better I think someone is skilled, the more coins he gets. Crossbow dude got 2d6 and rolled a 3 and a 1 so no success, he misses!]

Seeing several targets close together, the crossbow bandit aims for Crobster and shoots but the bolt just bounces off the Road and skids past Grongar in the back. The ramaining two thugs charge into the fray.

1684404990312.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
it happens

Virtual Cafe Awards