Agora Knows Spanish

Do you speak spanish?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Awards
You know, i've been noticing something recently, there has been an increase in the number of users that are from latin america/spain or that speak spanish as a native or second language, and i'm curious to know how many exactly, so i decided to make a poll, doesn't matter if you are not fluent, as long as you speak basic spanish (basic enough to understand) is enough.

He notado que últimamente el incremento de usuarios que hablan la lengua de cervantes, sea de latinoamérica, españa, o simplemente personas que hablan el idioma no como una lengua materna, así que decidí hacer una encuesta para saber cuantos usuarios exactamente pueden hablar el idioma.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
I took high school Spanish, don't remember shit.

Soy fumar la lechuga del diablo.

Virtual Cafe Awards

wot

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Nope. Took it in high school, but that was so long ago that I barely remember anything about it. Still, what little I know has helped me a couple times at the store. Like when the pandemic started, the store shelves were empty, and I really wanted some black beans... luckily I knew what "frijoles negros" meant since all the stuff labeled in Spanish was untouched.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Hablo un poquito, pero se me olvidó mucho... No me gustaba estudiar español en la escuela, las profesoras sobre todo. Entiendo español pero mucho difícil hablar.

For some reason Russian keeps intruding in my mind when I speak Spanish. I'm not even kidding. Maybe because I learnt my first bits of Russian when I was in middle school, and started Spanish... I literally thought in Russian and fought not to type in Russian as I wrote that. It's annoying. And I don't like Spain much as a country, either. I picked Spanish because of South America because of my interest in pre-columbian civilizations. And I remember that listening to accents, my accent sounded actually quite Mexican for some reason.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nakadashi

Horny on main.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
kuro-neko.xyz
Nope. Took it in high school, but that was so long ago that I barely remember anything about it. Still, what little I know has helped me a couple times at the store. Like when the pandemic started, the store shelves were empty, and I really wanted some black beans... luckily I knew what "frijoles negros" meant since all the stuff labeled in Spanish was untouched.
Don't cans have pictures in America?

Virtual Cafe Awards

wot

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Don't cans have pictures in America?
Yeah, and even the bagged stuff was all transparent. Yet I still think it's pretty funny that the entire shelf of Spanish-labeled food was intact whereas their English-labeled equivalents were all gone. Like nobody could bother to at least pull up a translator on their phones, let alone have a passing knowledge of Spanish in an area where it's not an uncommon language.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, and even the bagged stuff was all transparent. Yet I still think it's pretty funny that the entire shelf of Spanish-labeled food was intact whereas their English-labeled equivalents were all gone. Like nobody could bother to at least pull up a translator on their phones, let alone have a passing knowledge of Spanish in an area where it's not an uncommon language.
peak murican mindset

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hablo un poquito, pero se me olvidó mucho... No me gustaba estudiar español en la escuela, las profesoras sobre todo. Entiendo español pero mucho difícil hablar.

For some reason Russian keeps intruding in my mind when I speak Spanish. I'm not even kidding. Maybe because I learnt my first bits of Russian when I was in middle school, and started Spanish... I literally thought in Russian and fought not to type in Russian as I wrote that. It's annoying. And I don't like Spain much as a country, either. I picked Spanish because of South America because of my interest in pre-columbian civilizations. And I remember that listening to accents, my accent sounded actually quite Mexican for some reason.
Tbh, your spanish is decent enough, which surprises me really, i mean, yeah, french and spanish share the same family, but french is so unique i'm not surprised is more complicated than italian and portuguese tbh, i mean italian/spanish/portuguese are basically the three "more direct" descendents of latin, so there is no brainer there, but french is quite unique from all of them, that requires more than and preparation to learn, so my respects in that.

Also i get you really, south america (to be clear, when i talk about south america is basically the countries of south of the panama canal, because mexico, the caribbean and central america is categorize as part of north america in our geography books) has such a rich history of cultures and empires, as long as unique tribes, ranging from the incas, to the guaranís to the mapuches, is just, so much to pick for regarding culture is hard not to fall in love with south america lmao.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
you found a goldmine pal, we have better condiments and ingredients, if you have curiosity which one to pick and how to use it, just ask, it is worth it (la costeña has the best jalapeños)

Virtual Cafe Awards
Tbh, your spanish is decent enough, which surprises me really, i mean, yeah, french and spanish share the same family, but french is so unique i'm not surprised is more complicated than italian and portuguese tbh, i mean italian/spanish/portuguese are basically the three "more direct" descendents of latin, so there is no brainer there, but french is quite unique from all of them, that requires more than and preparation to learn, so my respects in that.

Also i get you really, south america (to be clear, when i talk about south america is basically the countries of south of the panama canal, because mexico, the caribbean and central america is categorize as part of north america in our geography books) has such a rich history of cultures and empires, as long as unique tribes, ranging from the incas, to the guaranís to the mapuches, is just, so much to pick for regarding culture is hard not to fall in love with south america lmao.
Muchas gracias amigo, no he practicado español en mucho tiempo
I was literally all about the Incan Empire back when I was 13... and never told anyone. It was right before I fell into the USSR rabbit hole. I don't even remember exactly how or why but I would research a bunch on it. I also learnt some bits of Quechua and a few words of Aymara then, but there weren't many resources. Besides I wouldn't really be using these languages right now, but man this was a good time I had. I especially liked those red Peruvian costumes with that kinda pillbox shaped hat.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Muchas gracias amigo, no he practicado español en mucho tiempo
I was literally all about the Incan Empire back when I was 13... and never told anyone. It was right before I fell into the USSR rabbit hole. I don't even remember exactly how or why but I would research a bunch on it. I also learnt some bits of Quechua and a few words of Aymara then, but there weren't many resources. Besides I wouldn't really be using these languages right now, but man this was a good time I had. I especially liked those red Peruvian costumes with that kinda pillbox shaped hat.
What a coincidence, me too, just instead of incas, was the mapuches, to be honest, the fact you learnt a bit of quechua and aymara is impressive, i hold an small grasp of ki'che due to cultural stuff (my school taught mayan numbers and language mostly due to culture) and i can tell you, native american languages are more complicated when you don't speak spanish, because the pronunciation in them hasn't changed, like Kukulcán or Chakäch, and with the ussr the same, the aesthetic, stories and impact in the world made me feel obsessed with that country, it's actually my favorite period of russian history, how epic heroes defeated what is objectively the most evil ideology in history, and how they managed to create so many technological advances and rights that weren't heard of at the time (the ussr was actually the first country in legalize homosexuality since the 1920's) and how their music and polivoks made what the west didn't regarding rythm, poetry and music composition, also with china, china has so many stories you won't have a lifetime to learn about them.

In fact, random fact, i will tell you the story of galvarino, galvarino was a mapuche warrior leader, that was capture by the spanish soldiers, he had his both hands chopped off, he just stood up proudly, and walked back to his village, what he did in response of that? Well, he went back to his tribe and continue attacks, now, fighting with two swords attached to his hands, fucking metal.
1669039295786.png

1669039322965.png

1669039199723.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
ah si! Je parlo espagnolo es muy facilo! tu parlo francais y rajouto le "o" à la fino du mot! si ma qué! paéla burito tortillas!

Virtual Cafe Awards