What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

Agora Quotes

VaporwaveHistorian

The Archbishop of Nova Justiniana and All Cyprus
Reaction score
Awards
Website
archbishopkarolos.blogspot.com
Agora quotes you find funny/odd/enlightening/legendary or whatever.

I used to take screenshots of some of them, and save them on my phone or computer. Here are a few. I'll add if I find more:

By @Vetus

123.png

By @llillilll
ll.png

By @Thermite , @Collision , and @Jaded Dreams:
point.jpg

By @Andy Kaufman
wendy.jpg

Ditto, and @Kameraad
salmon and h.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jackeline

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
Agora quotes you find funny/odd/enlightening/legendary or whatever.

I used to take screenshots of some of them, and save them on my phone or computer. Here are a few. I'll add if I find more:

By @Vetus

View attachment 45584

By @llillilll
View attachment 45585

By @Thermite , @Collision , and @Jaded Dreams:
View attachment 45586

By @Andy Kaufman
View attachment 45587

Ditto, and @Kameraad
View attachment 45588
imagine taking it out of context and making me say in the quotes "I miss you Hitler" couldn't be me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jackeline

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
Completely off topic but I did the same when Wendy's showed up in my country a few years ago
Dude that's a shame, Wendy's Chili is actually quite good, even better than the burger itself i might say, i always order my burgers with chili instead of fries in that place.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
Dude that's a shame, Wendy's Chili is actually quite good, even better than the burger itself i might say, i always order my burgers with chili instead of fries in that place.
I didn't say it was bad though, it was better than the other fast food places here. The problem is there's only 8 Wendy's locations and they are all really far from where I live

Virtual Cafe Awards

Similar threads

Containment Chat
Rules Help Users
  • Pangolin:
    There's a lot of manual jobs that can be automated. And machines can be built in a modular way to where you could build a bot repair bot.
  • Junious:
    problems is people can run on low grade, easily obtained hydrocarbons (ie sugar water) where as machines rely on refined hydrocarbons and expensive electricity
  • Junious:
    thus energy source versatility and cost becomes the primary factor in who does what
  • Junious:
    and availability, we are entering a new age of scarcity
  • Junious:
    get a robot to run on phytoplankton exudates and crickets the way a human can and there is some hope for ai automation of manual labor
  • Pangolin:
    Ya but it's expensive more for political reasons than legitimate scarcity. They're trying to strangle the fossil fuel industry and failing.
  • Junious:
    they are trying to strangle it because the usa is crossing the horizon of no longer being top dog in energy production since its tapped out everything it has. an energy revolution is required to keep the usa at the top. otherwise the usa is rapidly becoming a second fiddle in a fossil fuel powered world
  • Junious:
    a lot of the tight oil/fracking plays were minimally profitable on an EROEI basis
  • Junious:
    and thats no way to power an oil empire
  • Junious:
    unfortunately one must have revolutionary technology for an energy revolution, and that does not exist
  • Junious:
    you cant fill your tank with chatgpt
  • Junious:
    iykwim?
  • 雨、Some_porcupine、 逃げ出した後:
    if you know what i mean. it is book reference
  • Junious:
    cool!
    +1
  • zalaz alaza:
    as i understand , with increased scarcity fracking will become profitable again
  • Jessica3cho:
    Junious said:
    they are trying to strangle it because the usa is crossing the horizon of no longer being top dog in energy production since its tapped out everything it has. an energy revolution is required to keep the usa at the top. otherwise the usa is rapidly becoming a second fiddle in a fossil fuel powered world
    The problem is, the US hasn't, but thanks to environmental restrictions, we can't tap into some of our most prominent oil reserves.
  • Jessica3cho:
    Also, just build nuclear reactors
  • Mozarkite:
    I'd rather my entire state not get Chernobyl'd
  • Mozarkite:
    seeing as it resides on one of the greatest fault lines in NA
  • zalaz alaza:
    yeah wtf. build nukes fr
  • Jessica3cho:
    Just don't build it on a fault line, forehead
  • zalaz alaza:
    yeah and also, with real investment will come better architecture and planning
  • Jessica3cho:
    I mean, the only reason Chernobyl went off is because the Russians built a shitty reactor, with no oversight, and no proper staffing.
    +1
    Jessica3cho: I mean, the only reason Chernobyl went off is because the Russians built a shitty reactor, with... +1