Agora Road Reading Clubs Masterpost (Start Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
FAQ

What is this?

The masterpost for the agora road reading clubs. These are: Fiction, NonFiction, Visual Novels, and Bible/Theology club. There are dedicated threads for reading suggestions for each of the categories and we're always reading something!

Scroll bellow to see rules for each club, what each club is currently reading, and suggestion threads.

What do you do?

Fiction Book Club: We read fiction, mostly literature but any suggestion is welcomed.

Non-Fiction Book Club: We read nonfiction. Anything goes. From philosophy, biographies, history, essays...

Visual Novel Club: We read anime videogames. (NSFW are not accepted!) *See more details on the Visual Novel Suggestions and Meta thread.

Bible/Theology Club: We read the and discuss the Bible! And once in a while we read a theology book. Skeptics are also welcomed!

How doe they work?

Fiction Club:
We read a fiction book based on a schedule, this is done so that everyone is more or less on the same page, though following the schedule is not obligatory. You can find more detailed rules and what we're currently reading below. The schedule for the book will be in its dedicated thread.

Nonfiction Club: Same as fiction.

Visual Novel Club: We vote on a Visual Novel and the winner get's read/played. The schedule or reading plan for each visual novel can be found in their dedicated tread, and can vary greatly with each case. However, in general you will reach a certain part of the game or complete a route by a specific date. Then we discuss what has happened until then in the story.

Bible/Theology Club: We either read and comment on a piece of scripture or a theological book.

How do I join?

For every club the rules for joining are the same. Create an Agora Road account and post in any of the threads

What are the rules?

A. For all the clubs:

1.Argue in good faith.

2.Don't derail the threads (too much)

3. For fiction, and non fiction and visual novels don't discuss anything past the chapters we're on (see the schedule on each thread) without using the spoiler tag!

B. Rules for Visual Novel Club:

1. You can't suggest a hentai focused visual novel.

2. If they have hentai, it must be able to be removed with a patch (by removed I mean completely cutting the scene. Shrimps or sunbeams over the body don't count, cutting the CG but keeping the text doesn't count). The h-scenes that are removed shouldn't have crucial information in them. Basically the story needs to make sense without the hentai.

3.If it meets the requirements of 1 and 2, there must be a widely available patch! (Preferably from the official download page, or even better if it's the default state of the game on something like steam!)

-------
And most importantly, enjoy yourself! :MacTonight:pepsimanthumbsup

Q. What happens if I miss a deadline on the schedule?

Nothing really. You can just read up and catch up and add to the discussion anytime you see fit! Even if you don't feel like catching up by reading the missing pages, you can just hop into sparknotes or something and read the chapter summary in there.

Also just because we are on one part of the book doesn't mean you can't comment on previous chapters, or previous book club threads.

Q. Can I post on a past book/visual novel thread?

Yes, in fact it is encouraged!

Where can I make suggestions?

You can do that on each dedicated Meta and Suggestions Threads. (Also found in the sticky of the Agora Road lit board)

Found here:

Fiction Club.

Nonfiction Club.

Visual Novel Club

Bible/Theology Club

I keep note of all the suggestions!

How are suggestions chosen?

I make post with a poll for voting. The title with the highest number of votes will be read. The top 5 titles will re-appear in the next poll, which will be done a while after we finish reading the previous winner. So every vote counts! The books that don't make the top 5 will be archived and the rest will make it back into the polls at some further time.

Active Voting Threads:

Fiction Club. Here

Nonfiction Club. Here

Visual Novel Club. Here

Bible/Theology Club. Here

Currently Reading:

Fiction Book Club :

Infinite Jest

Nonfiction Book Club:

The Cave Painters.

Visual Novel Club :

Phenomeno/Saya no Uta.

Bible/Theology Club
:

TBA.

80C8B116-BEE9-4437-8278-16B1BCE62D21.jpeg

1691981488125.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.