Agora Road DF succession fort

am I too late to get a dwarf named after me?
Not at all! I gave you one.

Here is the current save. I haven't done too much -- mostly what comes to mind is making some armor, trading for metals, and beginning a prepared foods industry. At the moment, we need more bolts for the markdwarves, and bigger and improved offices for the minor nobles, and probably a way to block ourselves off from the world in the event of a siege. We're also at the point of needing larger stockpiles. I requested iron and steel from the next dwarven caravan, so if we don't have adamantine by the time next autumn rolls around, that should hopefully get us enough armor.

Whoever picks up this fort may want to consider building a newer and larger base in the deeper levels of the fortress, both because of its closer proximity to the magma, and because it might be easier to find sufficient space by starting fresh. The current fort is a bit of a mess organizationally, and it's becoming difficult to expand (say, stockpiles) in a sane and intuitive manner.

For the annals: Onul Akammelbil, unable to complete a construction, lost his sanity, stripped naked, and began attacking his neighbors. He was thereupon put down, and his minced body parts were granted a stately, if visually disturbing, funeral. Requiescat in pace.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
Not at all! I gave you one.

Here is the current save. I haven't done too much -- mostly what comes to mind is making some armor, trading for metals, and beginning a prepared foods industry. At the moment, we need more bolts for the markdwarves, and bigger and improved offices for the minor nobles, and probably a way to block ourselves off from the world in the event of a siege. We're also at the point of needing larger stockpiles. I requested iron and steel from the next dwarven caravan, so if we don't have adamantine by the time next autumn rolls around, that should hopefully get us enough armor.

Whoever picks up this fort may want to consider building a newer and larger base in the deeper levels of the fortress, both because of its closer proximity to the magma, and because it might be easier to find sufficient space by starting fresh. The current fort is a bit of a mess organizationally, and it's becoming difficult to expand (say, stockpiles) in a sane and intuitive manner.

For the annals: Onul Akammelbil, unable to complete a construction, lost his sanity, stripped naked, and began attacking his neighbors. He was thereupon put down, and his minced body parts were granted a stately, if visually disturbing, funeral. Requiescat in pace.
Good job, i've got dibs on the next year so i'll start that in a coming week. I'd like to have at least one player waiting after me before i blast through it

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
1st of Granite: Well, i'm back, it's been a long while. In the few years that i've been inactive there's been a lot that's happened here, my favourite being a huge fuck off wall with a giant hole in just outside our mountainhome, That'll keep the goblins and redditors out. Our food supply is bountiful and our soldiers are all legendary strength, which means i don't see any reason to not throw caution to the wind and play like a retard the whole year. There's also a ton of us here now, 126 I may add, which i find is a touch too many so i've barred us from any filthy immigrants. Fuck off freeloaders, we're full!
DF.jpg

4th of Granite: We have way too many pets, puppies and kittens litter our halls. Time for a slaughter, god forgive me.
8th of Granite: Well i've figured that since our immediate needs are already met and i'm too lazy to actually follow anyone else's advice, i'm going to commit the full fortress to a secret project. Maybe i'll fix up the fortress a little more too, since it's a bit disorganized right now. Also:
DF.jpg

This will make fine practice for our warriors!.
12th of Granite: Or, it would have, if it hadn't run straight into another FB and started fighting it to the death:
DF.jpg

I guess the victor can meet our wrath instead. It escaped the cavern layer and was slaughtered by our warriors, with only our suturer getting caught in the attack and being injured in the meantime, he's being operated on as I write this.
18th of Granite: The filthy elves arrived and peddles their goods. I don't know how desperate our need for wood is but they had plenty, so i traded for that and some of their fruit with 3 giant serrated glass disks. All in all, i've had worse trades.
26th of Granite: Ok so maybe i didn't put the "fuck off sign up quick enough, because another 25 migrants showed up.
fuck
also, just as a teaser:
DF.jpg

Secret project is coming along swimmingly.

More progress coming soon....

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
6th of Slate: Work continues on the tower. I have decided to add another military squad to our arsenal since i doubt 10 dudes can protect us from the inevitable goblin swarms. I have also started work on making new stockpiles since the small, makeshift one i made 5 YEARS AGO just ain't cutting it like they used to.
18th of SLate: The new storerooms are done, i've left them nearby where the old ones were so it'll be easy to work from:
DF.jpg

4th of Felsite: In order to complete my project, i'll need some clear glass, so i'm starting the long and drawn out process of making some, wish me luck!
7th of Felsite: This place is such a huge, sprawling maze now that i can barely find where anything is, I've only just discovered the bathhouse and Yuck! Look at all the mud, at least they'll be able to wash it all away with these new cool forgotten beast soaps we had made:
DF.jpg

14th of Felsite: Every month we have a massive influx of newly born puppies and kittens, some urgent gelding is needed before we drown under the monthly swarm of them.

More updates to follow soon (Sorry progress has been so slow, personal life has been less then stellar lately, i'll update at a quicker pace soon)

Virtual Cafe Awards

DeathToMicroWaves

Are you being held hostage by a spider?
Reaction score
Awards
Slaves to Armok 2: Dwarf fortress
Strike the earth

We're doing a succession fortress in Dwarf fortress here. For anyone who hasn't done or seen one of these, a succession fort is played by a player one in-game year at a time and then shared with the next player, causing mismanagement, arguments and a whole lot of !!Fun!!. Anyone who wants to join in or simply get a dwarf named after them is free to ask for one and you'll be added to the list. It is recommended that anyone who wants to play has a basic understanding of how the game is played however, as DF is known as a very unforgiving and often unfair experience. Don't be worried about having the fortress die in a giant fireball or to a goblin siege though, Losing is fun after all.

Player list
Lonely_Ghost
2. Andy Kaufman
Radical
4. Bob Jones
5. Lonely_Ghost (Current)
were can I get the game

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
27th of Felsite:
DF.jpg

Well, lets see how this goes
2nd of Hematite: So far, most of our battle reports have gone like this
DF.jpg

4th of Hematite: Out of the grand total of 48 goblins that attacked us, 0 remain alive. Out of the grand total of 15 dwarves that fought, only one died. I consider this an almost perfect win.
23rd of Hematite: The humans have arrived exceedingly early, i'll deal with them in whatever garbage they're willing to sell.
26th of Hematite: I have traded our admittingly worthless rock goods for a metric shit-ton of food, booze, wood, leather, cloth and a single gold bar. Our stocks were already bustling so i don't think we'll be going hungry anytime soon anyway.
4th of Malachite: A giant cave Toad intruded upon our bathhouse, where it was beaten to death by roughly 50 dwarves over the span of two days. RIP toad, you didn't actually do anything wrong.
25th of Malachite: My tower is now the tallest thing on the map. I've gotten slightly creative with how it looks.
DF.jpg

7th of Galena: Project is coming along nicely and no other serious events have happened, time do do our monthly duty of massacring the newly born puppies before they drown us all and smother my FPS.

Year is around halfway done, i will be finished in one or two more updates.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
12th of Galena: We have a deficit of bedrooms so I've assigned cognacdefender and a few other miners to carve out some bedrooms, by the end of the year they should be fully furnished and taken by the new migrants this year.
17th of Galena: A rogue Gorlack emerged from the caverns and went berserk in our fortress, absolutely fucking up 3 dogs before our new millitary squad killed it.
DF.jpg

3rd of Limestone: IlluminatePirate just can't stop creating legendary items, i'm starting to get worried:
DF.jpg

9th of Limestone: The dwarves are here to trade, finally some company we can actually stand. I traded a few of our leftover goblin armour and some silver goods for yet more food and metal, because we definitely needed more of that.
4th of Sandstone: Been very quiet recently... almost too quiet...
16th of Sandstone: A giant rat is on the run in our fortress, Benny Hilly style, running into and attacking every dog it happens upon. It was slaughtered by our warriors for being a nuisance.
20th of Sandstone: Finally, the sky library is finished! Standing at 5 Z levels high and have 2 glass windows, our 3 clever clogs scholors will study the day away writing 1 page tomes on beavers and oatcakes. Hurrah.
DF.jpg

22nd of Sandstone:
DF.jpg

Fuck, get inside and close the fucking door!
25th of Sandstone: Thank armok, we sealed the cavern in time. That glass monstrosity is in a huff and has started killing some elk birds in protest.
DF.jpg

Final season coming next update

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
3rd of Timber: Well, after watching the new FB tear around in the tunnels for a solid week slaughtering absolutely everything it finds, i've concluded that going down there again in the near future is a terrible idea. The gate stays closed
8th of Timber:
DF.jpg
DKcHaMpDKcHaMp
21st of Timber: It has taken Radical almost 3 weeks to find all the materials he needs for this artifact, i sure hope it's something cool after all that time.
24th of Timber:
DF.jpg

DF.jpg

How nice!
1st of Moonstone: Fucking, again?
DF.jpg

4th of Moonstone: Only 12 of them this time, 11 of them were slain without issue and one was captured in a cage trap, we'll display him somewhere horrible for fun!
16th of Moonstone: I have permanently moved our guest to the bathhouse, now while he rots for eternity in a cell he can at least smell nice.
7th of Opal:
DF.jpg
:pepeDS:
8th of Opal:
DF.jpg
:pepeDS::pepeDS:
19th of Opal: I've decided to bolster our booze supplies, no real reason tbh, i just think it'd be cool to have more on hand.
14th of Obsidian:
DF.jpg

I mean, i'd really rather not...
18th of Obsidian: And with that, i'm declaring my year over! Through all the trials and tribulations of like, 2 goblin invasions and 4 Forgotten beasts i'm glad that we've only suffered one casualty (Dogs not included). I've achieved all my very modest goals and hopefully the fortress is in safe hands for whoever is next.

Here is the file: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15944
Please @ me for whoever wants to go next
Sorry it's taken me so long to get this done, life's been shitty for a few weeks

Virtual Cafe Awards