Agora Road Dream Journal

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Heya guys. I thought it would be pretty cool if we could document any dreams we wanted to share, maybe peer a bit into the psyches of the road's travellers. I'll start with a short and silly one:

I dreamt a while ago about fruits comitting suicide. Like, a strawberry grabbing a magnum, screaming "I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS SHIT ANYMORE" and blowing itself up, or blueberries jumping off the world trade center because the economy went to shit and they were deep in the red. It always ended with the little guys getting minced and becoming some kind of jam...

Kinda weird innit? Hbu, any dreams you wanna share?

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
good thread idea. last dream i had i was in like a fallout new vegas esq rusted city but in the center was this large hemisphere of water that if you stepped onto it would carry you up to the very top then back down on the other side. it felt pretty cool

Virtual Cafe Awards

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
I had a vampire dream i was talking about in chat the other day. It really bothered me! In the dream my wife wanted to become a vampire and so we went to meet the vampire king in his warehouse. When we got there he showed us around and there were dismembered body parts everywhere. He even had this laundry shoot sort of thing with guts and flesh sticking out of it. He told us that if my wife was to become a vampire then i had to also. She still wanted to but i didnt. So then the vampires started chasing me. I was very scared hiding out all around and at the end of the dream i was under an evergreen shrub trying to melt into the earth.
I had this dream just after I put special emphasis on remembering dreams to my kids and asked them to try to remember their dreams when they went to bed so they could tell me!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I've often read that all of the faces you see in dreams are based off of real faces that you have seen. Does this principle apply to other things, as well?

A recurring dream of mine seems to be what I'm going to call "dream music". It's not really a dream of physical space, but entirely of sounds and occasionally an album cover. The music is usually non-Euclidean (probably not the right word, though sound and math are intrinsically linked). Most of the time, it's not at all comprehensible, but when it is, it's mostly ambient/unnerving droning. There's very rarely a melody. The closet thing I can compare to how it sounds (when I'm even capable of understanding what I'm hearing) is The Caretaker.

The album covers, when they do exist, are also about as understandable those AI generated images from a few years ago -- the ones where it's impossible to make out any one thing.
ai.jpg

While I cannot precisely understand them, there's usually a general feeling of machinery in dark spaces. I think that in my most recent occurrence of this dream, there was also a subtle glow of a dark green light, kind of like the Alien poster.
MV5BOGQzZTBjMjQtOTVmMS00NGE5LWEyYmMtOGQ1ZGZjNmRkYjFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUzOTY1NTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I think that those AI-generated images are actually a pretty good analogy for the music in these dreams, as well. If you listen to AI-generated music in the conscious world, it's still easy to discern what sounds you are hearing. In my dreams, though, the sounds are to my hearing what these incomprehensible images are to my eyesight.

Anyone willing to try and interpret the meaning of this? Reading this back I realize that you could literally see this is me being a glowie lol

If I ever have a more usual dream, (the ones that don't involve sex or killing people or both, at least) I'll be sure to post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 4436

Actually, there is one other dream from recent memory that has stood out to me. As far as I can recall, this dream is the only one since after childhood which has ever disturbed me.
Normally I wouldn't tell anyone about this, since it's one of the more embarrassing ones, though since it's all flooding back to my memory now I think I should post it because I'll probably never fully remember it like this again.

I haven't ever suffered from sleep paralysis, except for one notable occasion where all of the usual symptoms were present.

It started out as a dream. I never really have the ability to control myself during my dreams, so they often involve me as some sort of prisoner in my own body, watching myself do all sort of horrible things. I don't want to really go into detail about them, but let's just say I'm often up to some Patrick Bateman-type stuff. I know that it's cliché to say, "wow, literally me!" but in this case I find that to be an absolutely genuine comparison. Anyways, this time around, I was entering into peoples' bedrooms while they slept and murdered them with an axe, or perhaps claws of some sort. This continued on until I reached a door, opened it, and upon entering the room my dream "ended".

This is where the sleep paralysis begun. Since there's such a discrepancy between how I feel in my dreams and how I feel when I'm awake that I knew for sure that this dream was over. Except it wasn't. The dream continued, and the room that the dream me had entered was my own. I looked animal-like, kind of like these images, but much more "natural" and much less costumed.
literally_me.png

I was covered in blood, and its in this animal-like state that I was unable to tell whether the me had an axe or claws.

In any case, the dream continued, and I mean literally. I was still feeling all of the dream-feelings, thinking all of the dream-thoughts, and seeing from the eyes of this person. But I was also awake. I was seeing and feeling from both perspectives, like we were two beings mentally linked together, though the awake me was unable to move; it was a true state of sleep paralysis. From this point onwards, it gets a bit hazy, though I believe that we just stared at each other for a while until the dream me simply faded out of existence. I don't really recall what that part felt like. From that point onwards though, I didn't really wake up. I was already awake the whole time. This was about two years ago and the stream of consciousness with which I saw that thing is the same stream of consciousness that I'm writing with right now.

Of all my dreams, I think that this is interesting enough to warrant the type of analysis that people such as Freud and Jung wrote about.

Last edited by a moderator:

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Actually, there is one other dream from recent memory that has stood out to me. As far as I can recall, this dream is the only one since after childhood which has ever disturbed me.
Normally I wouldn't tell anyone about this, since it's one of the more embarrassing ones, though since it's all flooding back to my memory now I think I should post it because I'll probably never fully remember it like this again.

I haven't ever suffered from sleep paralysis, except for one notable occasion where all of the usual symptoms were present.

It started out as a dream. I never really have the ability to control myself during my dreams, so they often involve me as some sort of prisoner in my own body, watching myself do all sort of horrible things. I don't want to really go into detail about them, but let's just say I'm often up to some Patrick Bateman-type stuff. I know that it's cliché to say, "wow, literally me!" but in this case I find that to be an absolutely genuine comparison. Anyways, this time around, I was entering into peoples' bedrooms while they slept and murdered them with an axe, or perhaps claws of some sort. This continued on until I reached a door, opened it, and upon entering the room my dream "ended".

This is where the sleep paralysis begun. Since there's such a discrepancy between how I feel in my dreams and how I feel when I'm awake that I knew for sure that this dream was over. Except it wasn't. The dream continued, and the room that the dream me had entered was my own. I looked animal-like, kind of like these images, but much more "natural" and much less costumed.
View attachment 55755
I was covered in blood, and its in this animal-like state that I was unable to tell whether the me had an axe or claws.

In any case, the dream continued, and I mean literally. I was still feeling all of the dream-feelings, thinking all of the dream-thoughts, and seeing from the eyes of this person. But I was also awake. I was seeing and feeling from both perspectives, though the awake me was unable to move; it was a true state of sleep paralysis. From this point onwards, it gets a bit hazy, though I believe that we just stared at each other for a while until the dream me simply faded out of existence. I don't really recall what that part felt like. From that point onwards though, I didn't really wake up. I was already awake the whole time. This was about two years ago and the stream of consciousness with which I saw that thing is the same stream of consciousness that I'm writing with right now.

Of all my dreams, I think that this is interesting enough to warrant the type of analysis that people such as Freud and Jung wrote about.
No need to be ashamed about dreams bro, they can get out of control.

A couple of weeks ago I had an interesting one. I fell asleep and I dreamt that I was in my bed trying (but failing) to fall asleep. So I pick up a remote control and turn on the TV to put on some white noise in the hopes it helps me pass out. The TV randomly changed channels on its own playing MTV-like music videos, sports footage, and random news channels. When I started to get sleepy I decided to turn the TV off, but the off button on the remote didn't work. Annoyed I walk up to the TV and press the off switch, but that doesn't work either. So I grab the TV's power cord and disconnect the thing, but the TV still refused to turn off. Dejected I walk back to bed and lie down, only for the TV to mock and laugh at me. I lied there for a while trying to get to sleep while the demon inside the television laughed at me, told me to kill myself and the people I loved and shit. When I got fed up enough to go smash the thing, I woke up as I did the movement IRL. First thing I see is the space where the TV would be. I don't have a TV in my room.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Xovi

The Main Delight
Reaction score
Awards
i had a dream about numbers, it was pretty vague and scary.
There were three important numbers to the dream
6 AM,
and 4.683 for human interaction, I was like what the fuck and then i woke up scared

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Last night, I had my first usual dream since a few weeks ago. There were swords and vampires and monsters and fights and everything. This one guy got his eye impaled and it expanded into a snake, with eyes and teeth of its own. He had an eye snake! I'm definitely using the term "eye snake" to refer to something in the future.
So, every night, I would be in this building, and that's when and where all of these events would occur. There was something important that was supposed to happen on the coming night, but my dream ended just as that night started.

Unrelated, but I've been thinking about those music dreams again, and I've been wondering what would happen if I was listening to something while I slept. If I had headphones on, for example, and I was listening to something in the real world, would those music dreams still happen? I'm going to try listening to various different types of music on loop and see what the results are.

dreamed about being on tea with some unknown faces i dont remeber. were they even people? simply, i sat with lot of tea in front of me, in fancy cups and plates

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Lately I've been having dreams where its just me and another person talking, and I get into the conversation to the point that when I wake up I look around a bit searching for my missing partner. I haven't been able to record my dreams properly because I'm not quite used to my work schedule, and thus I've been left with the feeling that I've lost important knowledge, and that I've forgotten the face of a friend.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

Unrelated, but I've been thinking about those music dreams again, and I've been wondering what would happen if I was listening to something while I slept. If I had headphones on, for example, and I was listening to something in the real world, would those music dreams still happen? I'm going to try listening to various different types of music on loop and see what the results are.
I'm still going to go through with this, but there are a few things I've had to consider:

-I fear that exposing myself to music while I'm sleeping might actually fuck up my brain wiring in some way. I'm going to go through with it, just at a quieter period in my life where I can best assess any damages and recover as effectively as possible.

-Sleeping with headphones on is kind of difficult. The only way I can seem to do it properly is to do it on my back, which happens to be an unnatural position for me to sleep in.

-I seem to have a tendency to turn of the music while I'm about to enter my sleeping state for some reason. My best solution to this is to get wireless headphones and place my phone on the other side of the room while I sleep.

-For what music I'm going to listen to, I suspect that this little experiment might "ruin" for me whatever music I choose due to repeated listening. For this reason, I want to choose something I'm familiar with, but not something I enjoy too much. I'm also going to start out with instrumental music, since I find it easier to fall asleep when there aren't any lyrics. Additionally, I tend to not really pay attention to lyrics in the first place unless I've listened to the song a lot of times and memorized them.
A fun experiment might be trying with lyrics that I have memorized, compared to the effects that I get when I listen to ones which I haven't. I'll also try and see if I'm able to pick up the words in my sleep.

Reaction score
Awards
I was relaxing in the campus when out of the sudden all my friends were with me talking about me, new people i've never met in life, there were also my ex friends (who hates me), somehow forgiven me, and we were all together, laughing and enjoying, then everyone gave me a hug and we are started a party in the campus, i genuinely felt extremely happy i was gonna cry in that moment.

Then i woke up, into to reality back again, ready to go to my job, i tried to forget that dream for the whole day as i usually do, but it has been hard, super hard...

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pepe

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
So last week I had a Dream about this girl holding a candle stick. It was in complete darkness, she was not realistic, more like photoshop art piece, its hard to explain. She came up to me and i fell backwards on my back. I was completely paralyzed and could not move. She than was walking towards me from like 40 feet away. I was scared out of my fucking mind. I started saying the Sinners Prayer, "Lord Jesus Christ, Have Mercy On Me a Sinner" . I was saying "help Me'' too. I woke up when shes came up to me. It messed me up the whole next day. Do dreams come from GOD?

Attachments

• DALL·E 2023-03-05 03.22.15 - Mountains, Hand of god, Spirit, End times, mountains, vaporwave .png
    DALL·E 2023-03-05 03.22.15 - Mountains, Hand of god, Spirit, End times, mountains, vaporwave .png
    1.9 MB · Views: 34

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Today I actually had a lucid dream. I didn't do anything much special, since I had very low control of my dream. I flew around for a while, which was fun. Then I went to a café and had a very yummy meal.

Also, have you guys ever heard the rumor that when you look into a mirror in a dream scary shit happens? Well I tried that and I just saw myself, same as always...

Virtual Cafe Awards

wot

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I was in a park living with a bunch of people in a shantytown, our main food source being different types of mushrooms grown all around the place. It had a post-apocalyptic feeling to it even though nothing world-shattering happened, like there were still police (who were apparently on the hunt for me, but had no clear picture of me and had to ask around; luckily no one buckled and said "that's him!" even when I was standing right in front of a cop) and open stores and stuff like that. One of the stores was a big-box electronics store which had a bunch of Windows 7-era laptops for sale.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Clockwork

Always running.
Reaction score
Awards
My dreams are mostly the same. I'm in my home town, and I've got two kids with me, they're my children. I know they're my kids but I can't remember their names, I don't know who their mother is. I can say their names in the dream but when I try to remember it now when I'm awake it just sounds like the audio version of "Lorem ipsum" or something. Anyway, we're not alone in the town, I know there are people in the houses. I know they are sick. I know they are dying. I know my kids are sick. I am sick. We are running, but trying to do it quietly. We're not being chased but we are in danger of being caught. I am carrying my daughter. I look back at my son, he has fallen over and is struggling to stand. He looks up at me, I can see he is crying because I can see his pale white skin through the trails that his tears are carving from the muck on his face. He is filthy. We are all filthy, wearing rags, unwashed, our teeth are rotting. He starts crying. It's loud and I know that that is dangerous. I have to keep moving, I know I can't stop, I grip my daughter and whisper/shout to my son to get up, to stop crying. My daughter is silently sobbing into my neck. I shout at my son, he's putting us in danger, I know I shouldn't because something will hear us. The sky is clear, it's a normal day. But it's also dark. Dream logic. Shadows are too long. There are no bird calls. Occasionally there's a noise from above, like rain on a corrugated metal roof or stack of scrap metal collapsing in a yard or sometimes a wet ripping sound, like water circling the drain. I have to get back to wherever I was, my daughter needs to get inside, I know it's bad for her to be outside. I don't know why, I just know. I try to go back for my son but the sky sounds crash again. From the shadows I am being watched. It's the same thing as the shadow who stands over me when I sleep sometimes. One of them. I know there's more than one of them. A wispy shape, it is humanoid, in the place where it should have eyes it instead has two smouldering embers, like a lit cigarette or a glowing piece of coal. I take a step toward my son, my daughter grips my neck, tightly. Too tightly. I can't breathe, I feel dizzy, my vision start swirling and fading. My son screams, I need him to be quiet, I need to save my children. I wake up, usually in the early hours of the morning.

That is my dream. I have it, or a variation of it several times a year.
I have other dreams, they're more fun. But this is the one I think is the most interesting and the one that changes the least.

I had to dig this book out as while I never wrote anything down but rather drew them. I did however made a map that detailed where exactly did this dreams occurred. I'm gonna look over them and try my hardest to remember what went down.

IMG_20230319_034228.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards