Agora Road Dream Journal

Slumber

Hermit Netography Bent
Reaction score
Awards
(A dream from my journal. 05/01/23. Recorded immediately after waking up.)

I stand before a man with a crescent head, his lower body twisting and contorting in a inhuman fashion; A floating eye rests in the center, the crescents' seam.

He stood at the edge of a cliffside, overhanging a massive ornate city of white. Large twisting columns forming a budded neck at their top where a large, shining "pearl" would gleam in the night sky. One stood out among the rest, as it seemed to reach on forever into the heavens.

We both sit and begin talking, something about "3 of cards" was mentioned I don't remember the context.
He takes out a bag of dice and we begin rolling them, the higher number takes the win. The losers die would crumble into dust. The game feels endless, until the last two dice are rolled; snake eyes.

He says something, I don't remember. The cliffside collapse and we soar through the air, down into the city below.
His eye never leaves my gaze as we are falling. The dream ends.

Soundstation116

Soundscape
Reaction score
Awards
That's a little scary - just this morning I dreamed of a mall-like place I was exploring across multiple floors, and it was littered with all sorts of random things.
And malls are one big archetype of my dreams. They definitely feel nostalgic to me too
Hell maybe we may meet in the dream mall. If you see Dante from DMC know that is me Jajajajajaja

Virtual Cafe Awards

HammerKoopa

The King of the Walruses //セイウチキング
Reaction score
Awards
Website
walrus-island.neocities.org
A dream i remember was browsing through an archive site of indie horror RPGs. Similar in style to Yume Nikki, I.B, Mad Father, AO oni, etc.
An entry on this site being about a post nuclear apocalypse, a world tarnished by nuclear annihilation populated by mutated monsters and massive nuclear explosions frozen in time. The post had two screenshots of the game that i recalled enough to sketch once i woke up.

DreamScreenshot1.png
DreamScreenshot2.png

The first one was that of a giant robot deep in the horizon, clouds circling around its huge figure towering behind ruined cities. Looking quite similar to the cover art of the ultimate enemy. The second one depicting two mutant enemies described in the post as wheeping trees.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I dreamed that TES VI was released and it was a top notch VR game with Blade& Sorcery tier combat, all schools of magic (including levitation spells) and more. Every game mechanic was fully realised in VR. Like brewing a potion required you to use the mortar and pestle.
It was set on Morrowind during TES III and you could run into the nerevarine as an NPC but whole tamriel was accessible.
Spent half the dream playing and the other half fanboying with a close friend on how good the game actually was.

I was kinda bummed when I woke up knowing that actual TES VI will somehow manage to be worse than Skyrim.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Soundstation116

Soundscape
Reaction score
Awards
kept having the craziest dreams last night full of fucking body horror only to fall back asleep for the last time and dream I found a DMC1-2 player manual for 20 bucks in a target- I'm honestly just taking that as a sign that dante killed the fuckin creatures for me cause it's entertaining to think.

Had no strange creatures following me in the dream target where I found the player manual either so I'm making of it what I will.

Virtual Cafe Awards

HammerKoopa

Reaction score
Awards
Website
kept having the craziest dreams last night full of fucking body horror only to fall back asleep for the last time and dream I found a DMC1-2 player manual for 20 bucks in a target- I'm honestly just taking that as a sign that dante killed the fuckin creatures for me cause it's entertaining to think.

Had no strange creatures following me in the dream target where I found the player manual either so I'm making of it what I will.
049.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

upallnight

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
upallnight.wtf
For a little bit I tried to jot down my dreams into a note file on my phone as soon as I woke up. I need to start doing that again. Here are a couple of random excerpts, the last one I don't even remember typing lol

-I started as a pro wrestler, except I was very overweight. I wrestled as "The Spider Man" except my gimmick was that I was an obese version of Spiderman and I just huffed and rolled around.

-My wife and I were in a mall in Baltimore and we were a part of a group trying to hack into some information there. She broke into the IT department and it was full of old dot matrix printers. She was reading from them and I fought off an elderly security guard woman outside. I beat the hell out of her and I distracted long enough for us to escape to the parking garage.

-My employer moved to a new office, it was attacked outside while employees were exploring it. Former government office building. Superhuman Penguin attacked. I have powers involving music?

HammerKoopa

Reaction score
Awards
Website
For a little bit I tried to jot down my dreams into a note file on my phone as soon as I woke up. I need to start doing that again.
I should start keeping a dream journal too.
I always enjoy coming back to this thread whenever its updated. Dreams and anything that gives a descriptive or visual window into the people's inner selves will always be fascinating specially when showcased in the fantastic, the bizarre, the terrifying and the surreal, ill make sure to start keeping more track of my dreams for this thread.

Virtual Cafe Awards

HammerKoopa

Reaction score
Awards
Website
Sick at home. So here are two more of the recent nights, well, what i recall at least.

- I was in me hometown, exploring it, had the ability to do sims style landscaping from a first person perspective. Select an area with huge arrows and select to add trees, extend the terrain, elevate, etc.
It was fun editing and adding more green to the empty town, what stuck out, was a goat that would stalk from a distance. In true creepypasta cliche, rather than having the eyes on the sides of the head like regular goats do, this one had the eyes on the front of the head, big and red with a white slit down the middle of them.
It just watched, and kept appearing out of the corner of my eye during the rest of the dream, a particular one, was when i found meself in the backseat of a car, driving through town, and it would be there as a blur between every street we drove by. Here is a quick sketch of what it looked like.
DreamGoatStreet.png

- Second dream i don't recall much other this section, of me apartment door opening up to a landscape of infinite staircases and stone balconies, with angels populating it. And a close encounter with one whilst trying to return home. I slightly recall a collar around it with stone squares on it. Sadly that is all i can recall.
Rendition of the such.
DreamAngelForeverStaircase.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I had a dream where I was wearing some weird pants with two fly zippers.
If you only zipped up one zipper, it would always come down and your fly would be open.
To properly keep your fly closed, you had to zip up a second zipper that would lock the first zipper.

There was a lot more to the dream of course, but I only remember the stupid shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

myrriad

gas stove cook
Reaction score
Awards
Website
freckleskies.net
i always struggled with dream journals

my dreams have always been extremely vivid, long and difficult to tell apart from reality. no matter how fantastical they get, i've never been able to tell i was in a dream. often times these result in me waking up exhausted, both emotionally and physically. once i awake the reality around me clearly changed from the dream and its easy to tell "oh yeah that was all a dream i guess", but the reality inside me usually takes a bit more time to adjust, sometimes certain feelings will persist for weeks, maybe months on end
it's never just one coherent dream either, but more like multiple (usually around 2 to 5) stitched together. this contributes to my exhaustion in the morning since it'll feel like it has been a few full days in between the time i fell asleep and the time i woke up
for very long i tried to induce lucid dreaming but i was never successful. i did reality checks very frequently for months on end, tried keeping detailed dream journals, tried the full body relaxation thing (trying to trick your brain into thinking you're asleep) but nothing worked. the dream journals were difficult though, primarily because i simply don't have the hour or two in the morning to write it all down in my diary. a lot of times i'll also have difficulty recalling it in ways that make sense or is coherent enough

i really wish i could lucid dream. i still do reality checks, try meditating a while before bed, and will sometimes use my gf as an abridged dream journal, but i've come to terms with the fact that i probably can't. oh well

to actually add to the thread:
one of my more recent dreams was reasonably calm and peaceful compared to the norm. i was in the netherlands (i've never been there irl and i don't know any place there, it was just context information i had in my head at the time that the place i'm in was the the nl, anyway). it was a deep blue night, so peaceful you could almost hear the silence. the whole of the nl was sort of collapsing under this nation wide fire and many people were brought over from other countries (including me)... for some reason? i think maybe it was to help fight the fire, anyway, unimportant. i remember just walking around in the most beautiful sights i've seen. the deep blue night in a small town in bright orange flames. the fires didn't look threatening or dangerous at all, they were more like decorative accents to the oil painting-looking town i was in. incredibly beautiful. it wasn't hot either, it felt like a breezy summer night. next to a building that looked like a broken/burnt down barn there's a group of maybe five people gathered around a small table on the side of the barn. i participate a bit but i can't recall properly what they were talking about. they weren't scared by the looming fires either but i remember they were pretty mocking/demeaning in their attitude. they were pointing at some map and i remember we weren't meant to go to the bottom of the map. i walk away and pick up a bike from the side of the street, and walk with it besides me. the bulk of the dream is just me exploring and walking around next to this bike for hours on end. everything was mesmerisingly beautiful, i can't stress this enough. at some point a guy shows up and he starts following me, walking alongside me. he resembles someone i think i knew, maybe the son of one of mom's friends, but this is just me after the dream speaking, in the dream i didn't recognise him. while walking alongside me he can not stop mocking and berating me, just constantly picking on anything about me or my life, questioning everything i do or did or want to do. very low effort though, like a fifth grader. "you want to do a phd? that is so stupid dude you're so stupid, what do you even do with that? so stupid" type deal. i didn't really pay him any mind and i just kept walking with him as if he was a friend i invited to walk along with me. sometimes i ask him for stuff like "hey you got any water?" and hell pause the berating and just give me some of his water from his backpack like a normal friend would, then keep going as if nothing happened
eventually, after hours of walking i get on the bike and try to ride it. It was very off, the handlebars were bent weirdly and in an awkward position that made it very difficult for me to grip them properly, constantly slipping out of my hand. i can't keep direction properly. it's very difficult to push and keep balance, when i try to pedal it feels like its going nowhere. i struggle with it for a long time but i maybe advance two or three meters in an hour. the guy lingers around me and doesn't stop his berating, now mocking my attempt to ride the bike too. for the longest time i keep trying to ride the bike but it's just impossible. the dream ends and i wake up as i struggle to ride my bike

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
This was a dream that I managed to remember ever since I was a child, probably like maybe 10 or 11. Who knows. I've posted this on my server's own Dream Journal thread (Aral created it there)
I remember waking up in a strange room that I never seen before, it wasn't the family bedroom for sure since at that time I was living in East LA and our house only had one bedroom. I looked outside the window and realized that I wasn't in Los Angeles anymore, the city had a series of apartments that went on and on. So I entered the living room and noticed some old man I don't know just sitting on the chair asleep, or at least was trying to. I check the TV set and realized that it looked extremely it lacked any of my consoles I had owned at the time. Upset, I decided to turn on the TV and one channel had some old man just talking and talking and talking, it went on for minutes and I did not understand what he was talking about. So I changed the channel in hopes watching some cartoons or something to pass the time. Lo and behold the only channels that were available was either the old man or what seemed to be three ballet ladies dancing with duck-like masks on their face. Distraught, I went outside and to see where I could go. Or at least tried to, moving away from my supposed apartment, two men appeared and approached towards me, scared, I ran back to the otherside only to find more men walking towards me, the four men were all in black and wore a type of black hat. I run back inside and all I had left was to just do nothing in the bed or watch the TV with those two boring ass channels. I hated it and wanted to escape. And then I woke up.
What caused me to remember this very exact dream years later was this Claymation about the history of Latvia specifically this part of the video here.

View: https://youtu.be/EcKIeD3RxRQ?t=408

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
I dreamt of probably the most trippiest historical-fiction my mind will never conjure again. Greentext time, let's go:

>be me
>found myself serving as a trusted sergeant to a specific Count
>for some reason I carried all the memories I have irl into this dream
>quick rundown, we're basically the last hold-out before the capital province against an invasion force of a coalition of vampire lords

>the entire week was overcast and blocked out much of the sun
>most of the vampires essentially running around raiding
>scouts report they weren't making thralls, they simply killed for sport
>the Count mustered up sorties throughout the month, but barely half of it did any good
>more and more people from the fiefdom flee towards the Count's keep
>farmlands are gone, food storages weren't fully salvaged

>the Count summoned his closes confidants and trusted men in his chambers, bearing distressing news
>the vampires have been streaming from the north under the cover of darkness last night
>the last of his scouts concluded that our entire keep is about to be surrounded by the vampires by the month's end
>not enough men left to conduct meaningful sorties, nor any reinforcements to be expected from the Emperor
>the only plan is to hold the keep, and force the able bodied men to take up arms now that there's little to no time for their escape
>the safest place they can be is towards the other Count's estate, but even the road there is about to be swarmed
>we left the chambers with morale hanging by the string, hastily manning the parapets and the battlements

>met the Count's daughter, leader of his knights, blonde with her long hair braided like an anime protagonist's mother that's gonna die in the first few episodes
>she refused to flee even if the Count ordered his other subjects to do so, in desperation
>skilled warrior she is, thanks to the Count letting her, begrudgingly, train under a well known fencing master a few years ago

>we find ourselves surrounded by the vampire encampments by the end of the month, siege engines being built at night and rapidly on purpose to keep us awake
>the glint of their lords copper, blood-stained armor, at the light of their torches catch our eyes immediately
>the Countess shudders at the deathly pale complexion of the vampires, almost akin to the undead
>the night fell one day and the vampires started to besiege the Count's castle, and the attempts to overrun the walls succeeded but not without heavy cost to them
>his daughter leading his men to the fray, intent on blocking the breach at the western wall
>the battle was too brutal to describe, I vaguely remember flashes of vampire mages spewing their repulsive magic and vampire men-at-arms mowing down the militia
>the fight reached until the drawbridge, a few good men remained to hold the line and let the rest of us retreat back to the keep.
>got knocked out while retreating, all I can remember after that retreat was the Count's daughter, the last one standing, was lacerated and ripped into pieces in front of the keep's gates

>I was just staring at her strewn body parts, as I watched from the west tower's arrow slit an hour after coming to my senses
>the count did not know of his daughter's death until before dawn when the fighting ceased briefly
>the vampires permitted the Countess, at her pleading request, to retrieve the bodies of the fallen, or at least what's left of it
>without delay she searched for their daughter's remains
>there she was by the drawbridge's opposite end, her head stripped of some of its flesh, its right blue eye missing. But her hair was still on her head, untouched, unstained
>it's rumored that a certain vampire lord does this on purpose, as a way to later retrieve the head on it's "most prime form and beauty"
>the Countess wailed as she retrieved their daughter's remains, first with the head which she tightly clutched, her robes now stained with blood
>next, the torso, still donning the armor the daughter wore; then then the right arm. As for the rest, they were all but lost.

>we hastily went back to the halls of the keep, a table was hastily placed at the left arches. A cloth was draped and there they laid the daughter's remains, and they kept a very silent and sorrowful vigil.
>the Countess ordered their maids to cut from her hair and place it at their daughter's face to conceal it whole, to cover what fate it suffered at the hands of the vampires.

>dawn came, and it was raining. The vampires marched to the courtyard and to the keep's gate to our horror
>the gate guards left their post in fear of the vampires scaling, and thus left it unguarded

>a vampire lord, donned in a black ornate fluted armor and wearing a steel crown of thorns beckoned:
>"O count of opulence, o count of compassion, let us both bargain together what fate you and your people shall meet in this fateful day."
>the Count replied that he won't bend his knee to unholy abominations
>the vampire lord scoffed and signaled the thralls to aim the breaching bombard toward the keep's doors
>the Count instructed the Countess to lead everyone toward the catacombs and to find a door strewn with strange markings
>the Countess was hesitant and kept pulling the Count to come, but was pushed away and hurried her to the catacombs

>the bombard fired and broke the door effortlessly, the cannon ball almost hitting the Count
>the Count, left with two of his knights, held off the vampire thralls that flooded the halls
>saw the Count get slaughtered before we sealed the doors before the descent to the catacombs

>I shit you not, as the doors were sealed and the darkness set in, an anime ed rolled in
>for context, it's pretty much like this AoT ending:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfHY8mkhT8

>revealed in medieval period manuscript art an unrecorded part in human history where vampires ravaged the surface world
>those vampires ruled for a couple centuries before their decline
>I saw a couple portraits of vampire royalties, no human figurehead to be seen
>the vampires suddenly disappeared like the Dwemer one day
>fin

And that's it, my dream ended when I couldn't already comprehend the stretch of it and its plot holes like humans suddenly repopulating the earth after the sudden extinction of the vampires (likely ran out of "food")

Virtual Cafe Awards
Anyone who manages to get this little oddball into their dream will likely have a dream consisting of someone getting pregnant.

Virtual Cafe Awards
last night in my dream it occurred to me that a lot of my dreams have similar scenes and commonalities.
for one, i have a lot of dreams where at some point i am in the passenger seat of a car my late grandpa is driving. we are driving past a green hill in midday.
i have three large unhealing cuts on my right upper arm, also i'm thinner.
there was also a third thing that occurred to me but i forgot what it was.
at the end of the dream and right after i woke up i thought i should start a dream journal and analyze what this means.
i have had dreams in the past with the two things i remember that came up in my dream so i guess it's like my subconscious telling me about my subconscious, i wonder what the third thing was.

Drifloon

Computer
Reaction score
Awards
I don't really remember much about these two dreams but it's strange the subject came up twice.

Dream 1: I had this dream a few months ago. It involved Belfast turning into a city of exclusively towers and large apartment buildings.
Dream 2: I had this dream a few days ago. The small town I live in rapidly grew in population and the bungalows in the surrounding townlands were absorbed into terrace housing.

Virtual Cafe Awards