Agora Road E-Zine Discussion Thread

valerian

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, i've always been looking to join in on a zine!
i like making art and collaging, so i might have a spin at either digital or multimedia art

Virtual Cafe Awards

win2k

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm down for the "Tales of The Agora Road" for the zine, and yes, I'd love to have this zine!

I wouldn't know what to write if I could contribute. But the format I like the most for a zine is Phrack's. Although PDF & HTML is also good, for sure!

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
is this happening? i would like to contribute
The problem is that only one person submitted to this ezine, but I was actually thinking about an alternative solution. I have been talking with @ol'twospoons about making a banner to support his superpreadtor zine. I think it would be cool to support a fellow traveler and his zine is feels more of the schizo side of agora road. And its Ezine is also free to download

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The problem is that only one person submitted to this ezine, but I was actually thinking about an alternative solution. I have been talking with @ol'twospoons about making a banner to support his superpreadtor zine. I think it would be cool to support a fellow traveler and his zine is feels more of the schizo side of agora road. And its Ezine is also free to download
this? https://superpredator.zone/

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
idk id support it but i don't really vibe with it tbh
Thats understandable, u can still write something for the agora road one but it won't be comming out soon because of lack of writers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

estella

Brave Traveler of the Pixel Sea
Reaction score
Awards
just reading up on this thread and I love the concept!

re: print editions: in my city, every person with a public library card gets $30 of free printing a month. I've always wanted to use that for making zines. I've suggested it to a few irl friends but we never get our poop in a group. If we used something like that to print the zines, then the only cost would be shipping, and as long as the zine isn't like 30+ pages, it probably wouldn't cost that much. idk how ppl feel about giving their mailing address out over the internet though.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Salad_Snek69

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Do you want an Agora Road E-Zine?

Agora Road is growing every day, and I think it would be pretty cool if we came together for a collaborative project like this. We would need a board dedicated to content submissions (be it writing, design, or otherwise). We would also need an Editor in Chief to pick the best submissions from the article board. My nomination for such a fellow is IlluminatiPirate, for obvious reasons. Overall, I think it's a solid idea.

However, I'd like your input.
  • How long should each issue be, on average?
  • How frequently should each issue be published? (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, etc.)
  • What would be the primary/secondary focuses of the E-zine? Should the E-Zine be segmented like a newsletter?
  • What content restrictions should be implemented, if any?
And finally, would you like to contribute? If you do, feel free to share what you wish to bring to the E-Zine!
I know I'm late to this, and I'm a little new, so I'm not sure if you guys have started yet or not, but I'm a photographer, and I have experience with graphic design, Adobe indesign, and I'm very familiar with visual are theory and fairly familiar with the vapourware genre as well as adjacent genres and I have knowledge of both art and tech which could be subjects within the magazine, so lemme know if you guys would like to collaborate in any of those feilds :)