Agora road has become too political and less vaporwavy. We need to return to the classic days of vaporwave and purity.

I miss the intellectually satisfying discussion. The largest and most active threads are the political ones while the innovative and thoughtful threads languish in darkness. We need to return to our roots of what made Agora great. We need to make Agora think again. A nice future for all of us is available if we just pitch in a little more to the harder threads.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Why not make a section of the forum specifically for political discussions? That way, the ones who are interested in political stuff can get it, and the vaporwavey others get their own part too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Why not make a section of the forum specifically for political discussions? That way, the ones who are interested in political stuff can get it, and the vaporwavey others get their own part too.
I don't think this would make much of a difference. Post per hour/per day are just by its nature higher on political topics and these threads would always float to the top in the "Newest" section on the Index-page. For Vaporwave there's just so much you can discuss per day, especially in 2022. Politics and IRL-events just keep happening (oh boy and how they do lately).

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Why not make a section of the forum specifically for political discussions?
That's essentially current events right?
Personally I wish this site was exclusively focused on nagol exposing the Jesuits...

In all honesty, I view vaporwave as the backdrop, the cohesive substance that keeps it all together, but not the central point of the forum. I'm mainly here to just chat with chill people and schizo post. But I'm also relatively new so not like I'm here to dictate how things should be, just my two cents

Virtual Cafe Awards
Which ever road this forum takes, I'll be there pissing and farting and shitting my way into oblivion.

Virtual Cafe Awards
@IlluminatiPirate thoughts?

Also, I only just now saw the Agora cassette run topic. My newest project could take an unreasonable length of time to finish (just the way I work, lol) but I'll try to remember to reach out when the time comes. In the meantime, I would probably buy an Agora Road tape. I'm not familiar with that Pizza Hotline album but I really love and regularly revisit LEVEL SELECT

Anyhow, I like the idea of having some more clear division between the vapor roots and the political nonsense. I find the political discussions to be the most brainrot and boring aspect of social media (from anywhere on the autism and political spectrum), and is specifically why I don't visit this forum as much as I used to, so of course I'm going to be biased with my opinion

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

@IlluminatiPirate thoughts?

Anyhow, I like the idea of having some more clear division between the vapor roots and the political nonsense. I find the political discussions to be the most brainrot and boring aspect of social media (from anywhere on the autism and political spectrum), and is specifically why I don't visit this forum as much as I used to, so of course I'm going to be biased with my opinion
It's not gonna work, and I'll tell you why: I'm willing to bet that 90% of the userbase mostly check the latest posts on the homepage and don't ever browse single subforums. You can see this when a thread that hasn't received attention for months gets bumped by one of the few who actually dig in old threads, and from then on the thread receives a new wave of posts because it's in the spotlight again. If a political subforum is created, its threads will still be seen from the frontpage, drowning everything else in the process.

Besides, political subforums are always a terrible idea for any forum that isn't about politics.

Just put in the effort to make threads about the themes you want to discuss.

It's not gonna work, and I'll tell you why: I'm willing to bet that 90% of the userbase mostly check the latest posts on the homepage and don't ever browse single subforums. You can see this when a thread that hasn't received attention for months gets bumped by one of the few who actually dig in old threads, and from then on the thread receives a new wave of posts because it's in the spotlight again. If a political subforum is created, its threads will still be seen from the frontpage, drowning everything else in the process.

Besides, political subforums are always a terrible idea for any forum that isn't about politics.

Just put in the effort to make threads about the themes you want to discuss.
I hear you, but I could ignore the political board and the frontpage "bumped" posts if this change were implemented

Why are political subforums always a bad idea for any forum that is not about politics? Isn't this a bit of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario? If this was a primarily political forum, people not interested in politics would not join. But you're saying that, since this is not primarily a political forum, even though it can easily be mistaken for one at a glance, it's a bad idea to make any effort to try and herd the political discussions into a specific board? Seems the winning move was to leave all along, lol

Virtual Cafe Awards