Agora Road VR bi-monthly discussion group

• Thread starter xesxss
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1640 times.

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Salutations travellers!

The forums are a great place for long term data storage and discussion but I do beleive there are bandwith and connection problems.

You see, only so much information can be communicated per session in this textual medium. The other thing being that there isn't really an orginization to who is and when they are online.

I think these problems could be best solved for this community with consistently timed meetings in virtual worlds. It would be great to have our own world at one point...but I think it would be best to start up in VRChat, seeing how popular it is as a vr social platform with plenty of customizability.

I think meeting bi-monthly on weekends might be best for starting. I'm excited to listen to what this community thinks about this idea!

Cake  ( MFF) on Twitter: hi do you like vaporwave/malls then you  should check out my VRChat mall twitter https://t.co/c4TEy7sKL1 I've made a  huge series of interconnected mall worlds in VRChat

1667804934129.png

Happy tommorows friends : ),
Ⓛⓐⓘⓝ,
Lₐₛₜ Accₑₛₛ Iₙ NᵤₗₗSₚₐcₑ

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Just for fun, pulled that one from google images, its from vr chat and seemed vaporwave enough. The one on the bottom is my avi but I think you already knew that? Would you like to share some feedback on the idea itself?
Uuuuh could be fun I guess.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Cool but Timezones

Virtual Cafe Awards

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I would be currious to see what timezone our users are coming from, maybe running a survery could help us find a happy medium? If not then maybe gear different events towards different timezones

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I'd rather meet in Pavlov so I can execute those who disagree with me tbfh :uncleted:

I'm using vr on a budget and selling my soul to Zuckerberg's Occulus as a result, is cross play a thing between Occulus, Steam, and HTC headsets?

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
any type of VR meetup would be cool, regardless of whether its in vrc or pavlov or whatever, but i think finding out what time is the most convenient is the most important thing XP
I'm using vr on a budget and selling my soul to Zuckerberg's Occulus as a result, is cross play a thing between Occulus, Steam, and HTC headsets?
not sure about pavlovs cross play support, but i know for a fact that vrchat does have really good cross play. the only real drawback is that u cant see certain PCVR avatars or worlds on quest or other non-pc headsets, but other than that its a pretty seamless experience :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

NeoTokyo Tempo

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't think this is a good idea. /vg/ tried this and it became one of the worst cesspools of degeneracy I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. You can say "that's /vg/, Agora will be different", but I've been around the block enough times where I don't believe it. Basically every vrc group I've interacted with either had the same problems as /vrg/, or they stopped playing before it got that bad.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I really don't think this is a good idea. /vg/ tried this and it became one of the worst cesspools of degeneracy I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. You can say "that's /vg/, Agora will be different", but I've been around the block enough times where I don't believe it. Basically every vrc group I've interacted with either had the same problems as /vrg/, or they stopped playing before it got that bad.
Partially why I prefer Pavlov, not trying to get virtually molested by grown men larping as anime girls. But I haven't really explored VR chat so it would be an interesting experience at least

Virtual Cafe Awards

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
any type of VR meetup would be cool, regardless of whether its in vrc or pavlov or whatever, but i think finding out what time is the most convenient is the most important thing XP

not sure about pavlovs cross play support, but i know for a fact that vrchat does have really good cross play. the only real drawback is that u cant see certain PCVR avatars or worlds on quest or other non-pc headsets, but other than that its a pretty seamless experience :D
onward is actually a lot better and it also has crossplay. I know setting up your avi for cross platform on vrchat can get pretty techical and hands on but it is possible. I would be more inclined to find someone who offers a service to do so. Much better to outsource for that kind of specific task

Virtual Cafe Awards