Agoracraft - Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 Server, Better than Adventure

• Thread starter h00
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 9240 times.

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
1684609298496.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mew

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
ipv6? not everyone's router supports it out of the box (mine included), or sometimes at all depending on ISP, and it will be impossible to connect to the server. you might want to set up an ipv4 gateway as well.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
ipv6? not everyone's router supports it out of the box (mine included), or sometimes at all depending on ISP, and it will be impossible to connect to the server. you might want to set up an ipv4 gateway as well.
For instance, my ISP doesn't allow external IPV6 tout court.

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
To improve stability I've made the server restart every day at 5AM and perform backups
I had to change the service that provides IPv4 gateway, latency/speeds are unchanged though

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

abigaletale

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey there! Agoracraft sounds intriguing. If you're into unique Minecraft experiences, you might want to explore some cool Minecraft maps.

Last edited:

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I kinda wish this was updated to a newer version of minecraft, but I understand the appeal of having this be on a nostalgic version lol.

Regardless, we should totally organize community projects or something, or at least beat the ender dragon. I've suggested this for a while, but I also think it would be really cool if we do a hardcore run and see how far we go lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
I kinda wish this was updated to a newer version of minecraft, but I understand the appeal of having this be on a nostalgic version lol.

Regardless, we should totally organize community projects or something, or at least beat the ender dragon. I've suggested this for a while, but I also think it would be really cool if we do a hardcore run and see how far we go lol.
The Aether provides a lot of content.
Bukkit plugins are a bitch to manage though otherwise I'd add even more old-school content mods.
Eventually I will get around to adding 'content packs' and Agoracraft will have pseudo-seasons and shit but theres a lot else on my plate atm so Agoracraft is on the backburner.

Community projects sounds like a good idea though. im down to hear any and publicize good ideas

Virtual Cafe Awards

vect0r

Community projects sounds like a good idea though. im down to hear any and publicize good ideas
My first thought would be a Macintosh Cafe. Also any build that represents or references a memorable Agora Road thread (e.g Why Sunset Shimmer is a Christ figure, Nigga, RIP Agora Road Members Thread, etc).

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: h00

Caffeinated_nerveape

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I kinda wish this was updated to a newer version of minecraft, but I understand the appeal of having this be on a nostalgic version

optionally we could switch to Better than Adventure if you wanted modern sensibilities and also nostalgia
I've been fooling around with it for a week or so and I actually prefer it to modern vanilla minecraft. It feels more focused and faithful to minecraft as a combination creativity toy and survival game

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: h00

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
optionally we could switch to Better than Adventure if you wanted modern sensibilities and also nostalgia
I've been fooling around with it for a week or so and I actually prefer it to modern vanilla minecraft. It feels more focused and faithful to minecraft as a combination creativity toy and survival game
if theres some way to transfer over the beta 173 worldfile to BTA I'd be down to set-it up if it means more agorians playing MC
lmk folk

(but tbh i do like the authentic beta 173 and aether is classsssic. id kind of rather make an agora-own beta 173 hybrid with more era appropriate mods, but i also may never get around to doing it)

edit: BTA is compatible with old beta 173 maps so I'm going to upgrade the server to BTA soon^tm

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards