FB_IMG_1677789287916.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
signal-2023-03-20-16-30-16-367.jpg

picked up this hoodie/jacket in harajuku.
there was a "store" in a basement next to a bigger building but calling it that is already generous. The stairwell down already was hung full of clothing (100% gothic/alternative style) and the store itself was tiny, like you could barely make 2 big strides and be at the end of it. Low ceiling and every free space on the walls was hung with clothing items.
suddenly the old japanese grandma shopkeeper grabbed me and told me to try on this hoodie.
It was surreal because all the interactions I had with the locals so far were extremely reserved. Japanese strangers are extremely unlikely to touch you and even have these money trays to exchange cash in shops so you don't touch hands. Even eye contact can be considered rude.
But damn this granny was almost rude!
"come in! come in! here try this!!"
She said and I barely took off my own jacket as she pulled over the item and put everything in place.
My Japanese is very bad (I can only pick up a few words here and there and can form very basic sentences withbeffort) and she asks if we can speak English. I replied that we do and she was like
"damn my English is very bad though" in Japanese and kept speaking extremely fast in Japanese while fiddling with the zipper.
Then two japanese teens in this goth style came down the stairs and the lady was like
" you two! how does he look?"
"kawaii" they said as intimidated as I was.
I don't think I would've been able to refuse this offer anyway so I bought it and she ripped out the price tag from behind my neck while I was still wearing it.
She also told me she's been doing this for 42 years already and there was this mirror with dozens of old polaroids taped around. She said they were "musicians", probably some famous people that shopped at her store or so idk.
On my way out she also said "mata ne!" which is a very colloquial way to say bye to a customer, basically like "see ya later". most store clerks say something akin to "thanks for honoring us" on your way out.
Easily the most predatory shopping experience I ever had but damn that granny was cool. also the most soulful interaction so far

Virtual Cafe Awards

butt3rfly_s0up

away with the fairies
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 56963

picked up this hoodie/jacket in harajuku.
there was a "store" in a basement next to a bigger building but calling it that is already generous. The stairwell down already was hung full of clothing (100% gothic/alternative style) and the store itself was tiny, like you could barely make 2 big strides and be at the end of it. Low ceiling and every free space on the walls was hung with clothing items.
suddenly the old japanese grandma shopkeeper grabbed me and told me to try on this hoodie.
It was surreal because all the interactions I had with the locals so far were extremely reserved. Japanese strangers are extremely unlikely to touch you and even have these money trays to exchange cash in shops so you don't touch hands. Even eye contact can be considered rude.
But damn this granny was almost rude!
"come in! come in! here try this!!"
She said and I barely took off my own jacket as she pulled over the item and put everything in place.
My Japanese is very bad (I can only pick up a few words here and there and can form very basic sentences withbeffort) and she asks if we can speak English. I replied that we do and she was like
"damn my English is very bad though" in Japanese and kept speaking extremely fast in Japanese while fiddling with the zipper.
Then two japanese teens in this goth style came down the stairs and the lady was like
" you two! how does he look?"
"kawaii" they said as intimidated as I was.
I don't think I would've been able to refuse this offer anyway so I bought it and she ripped out the price tag from behind my neck while I was still wearing it.
She also told me she's been doing this for 42 years already and there was this mirror with dozens of old polaroids taped around. She said they were "musicians", probably some famous people that shopped at her store or so idk.
On my way out she also said "mata ne!" which is a very colloquial way to say bye to a customer, basically like "see ya later". most store clerks say something akin to "thanks for honoring us" on your way out.
Easily the most predatory shopping experience I ever had but damn that granny was cool. also the most soulful interaction so far
harajuku's iconic, it must have been so cool there

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Trying to gather more techwear stuff and thinking of doing some hypertechwear cosplay for the anime con next year
image.png

Mockup with my VR headset as a placeholder, maybe I'll get one of these cyberpunk type helmets for the cosplay:

image.png

This was my costume this year, you will guess the character:
image.png

Not really fashion since cosplay but whatever.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

goopie

goopers
Reaction score
Awards
Scrolling through some of my instagram stories, heres some outfits ive really liked or just sort of style i really like to portray myself in. I really like pink/softcore stuff. Back in middle school i used to go for like a grunge type look (mirror picture) but i really like cute simplistic type of clothes :3

Attachments

• IMG_8788.jpg
    IMG_8788.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards