Agora's Official Fashion Thread /fa/

Plants

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Prolly catch me posting here on and off. After stumbling around on r/sw like 8 years ago and then KTT for some time after that I've really honed in on my own personal styles. And shoutout buying secondhand. I've only bought secondhand for the last 3-4 years and it just feels good to not directly support nasty fast fashion.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
280full.jpg

This guy is my fashion inspiration.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Thanks ! This is a sweatshirt from Threadheads, a very cool brand. Here is the link of the website : https://threadheads.com/collections/sweaters?page=9
I've gotta thank you for showing that you can mix together a killer aesthetic without spending hundreds of dollars. I used to work at Ralph Lauren when I was younger and I just don't get the crazy prices on things like blue jeans (I know, brand name tax). I had a pair of $30 Goodfellow&Co's that looked exactly the same as a $120 pair of RL's (I had a 75% discount on 3 pieces of clothing a month, thank god) and the GF&C's lasted longer when worn more than the RL's. :SpacePalm:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've gotta thank you for showing that you can mix together a killer aesthetic without spending hundreds of dollars. I used to work at Ralph Lauren when I was younger and I just don't get the crazy prices on things like blue jeans (I know, brand name tax). I had a pair of $30 Goodfellow&Co's that looked exactly the same as a $120 pair of RL's (I had a 75% discount on 3 pieces of clothing a month, thank god) and the GF&C's lasted longer when worn more than the RL's. :SpacePalm:
I will spend stupid money for raw denim. It's bad lmao

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

TIGERSNARLZ

you wanna know who i am? me too
Reaction score
Awards
I basically dress as an enhanced version of my teenage self.

Also i've been croping some old t-shirts for a while now. I usually have to "explain" myself while wearing these crop tops in public because i'm a straight man (like when a vegetarian is asked why he doesn't eat meat), but i don't mind. I find them incredibly manly and at the same time they made me embrace my feminine side.
fun fact: crop tops were (according to randos on the internet) made for men....so you rock that

Virtual Cafe Awards

Plasmawiz

Resident biologist
Reaction score
Awards
I think it's really a good thing to care about how you dress. It changes everything when you're on top of your hair, clothes, grooming, etc. Once I started wearing a lot of nicer clothes (well fitting polos and button downs, tailored pants, nice loafers, etc) the way people treated me changed drastically. Also really important to smell good
I've also experienced this.
During my late teens I gradually shifted from the typical aspie nerd t-shirt and jeans to blazers, button-downs and loafers. Feel a lot more comfortable in that more grounded time-tested style, and people definitely treat you more seriously. I think it's mainly because you give off the vibe that you dress with intent, and if you are well groomed and smell nice people are more likely to view you as worth investing interest in (although I would say the link to that particular style is more cultrual, ultimately grooming is the most important thing universally).

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've also experienced this.
During my late teens I gradually shifted from the typical aspie nerd t-shirt and jeans to blazers, button-downs and loafers. Feel a lot more comfortable in that more grounded time-tested style, and people definitely treat you more seriously. I think it's mainly because you give off the vibe that you dress with intent, and if you are well groomed and smell nice people are more likely to view you as worth investing interest in (although I would say the link to that particular style is more cultrual, ultimately grooming is the most important thing universally).
I had nearly the exact same experience. Throw a blazer on and to the average normie you're a God

Virtual Cafe Awards

Plasmawiz

Resident biologist
Reaction score
Awards
Also, for my fellow guys, never underestimate the power that a good barber can bestow on you. Find a good one and stick with them, they will do wonders to your appearance (and you have a guarenteed nice chat every 4-6 weeks :p)

Virtual Cafe Awards