Amazing Interview of 猫 シ Corp / How Did You First Discover Vaporwave?

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
This is a really great interview of 猫 シ Corp. It was so interesting to read that he stumbled upon vaporwave by google searching Floppy disks LOL! Also I never knew that 猫 シ Corp was Dutch! And the Kitty story was very cute

But It got me thinking... what was the first time you guys heard Vaporwave?

Here is the Link to the interview

Virtual Cafe Awards

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
First time I heard vapor wave and synthwave was in Mexico. A super cute girl texted me and asked if I wanted to do LSD with her and she had some. I said sure but she had to wear a sexy dress. She came over and we took it... she asked if I would play a certain type of music... I said okay, wtf is this. It started playing.. within 15 minutes we were making out and fucking like animals in my hammock. Every time I spanked that fat booty and said damn that ass she smiled and stuck it up in the air. We didn't leave my hammock the entire night... fucked maybe 15 times.

10/10 vaporwave is good.

Arcade101

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
arcade101.neocities.org
Finally, a vaporwave thread on this vaporwave site.

Unfortunately I didn't know about vaporwave until the memes arrived, but I do remember finding out about synthwave back in 2014. My favorite music at the time consisted of Duran Duran, Ultravox, Naked Eyes, and the Blade Runner soundtrack. In my search for more stuff like that, I happened across the album Redline by Lazerhawk, and was absolutely swept up in it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Finally, a vaporwave thread on this vaporwave site.

Unfortunately I didn't know about vaporwave until the memes arrived, but I do remember finding out about synthwave back in 2014. My favorite music at the time consisted of Duran Duran, Ultravox, Naked Eyes, and the Blade Runner soundtrack. In my search for more stuff like that, I happened across the album Redline by Lazerhawk, and was absolutely swept up in it.
We do have a vaporwave category on the forum kek

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
On my side, it says this was posted on April 26, 2019.

Regardless, I actually found out above Vaporwave during the whole Simpsonwave craze. I thought the idea was neat, but that the Simpsons theme was too memey. Lo and behold there was: VAPORWAVE

And I've been listening ever since.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Son-Of-Marcus

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This is a really great interview of 猫 シ Corp. It was so interesting to read that he stumbled upon vaporwave by google searching Floppy disks LOL! Also I never knew that 猫 シ Corp was Dutch! And the Kitty story was very cute

But It got me thinking... what was the first time you guys heard Vaporwave?

Here is the Link to the interview
First I knew about outrun and cyberpunk which lead me to vaporwave. When i first heard about it. It was a video that was called outrun vs vaporwave from a YouTube channel called Pinkas which also introduced me to a aesthetic crossover between vaporwave, outrun and cyberpunk. Also another video that fully introduced me into vaporwave was a intro video of vaporwave from a YouTube channel called Asian Theory.

sega nge.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
Mine would probably be the most stereotypical discovery of Vaporwave as I discovered it after hearing リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュ from the Floral Shoppe album :marioStyle: back in 2016

Virtual Cafe Awards

266hz

shin megami tensei soldier
Reaction score
Awards
i think i found it cause i was just fucking around on youtube and stumbled across a vid

plastic love 2019 youtube sidepanel > futurefunk classics (yung bae...) > citypop > and somehow ... vaporwave!

Virtual Cafe Awards