Americans: post gas station things ITT

NoSlacking

Live from the 7th Dimension via satellite
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all. Here in the UK, Petrol Stations have small shops associated with them, just selling snacks, coffee, sandwiches etc as well as newspapers and some basic car accessories. However, I was recently visiting Baltimore for work and I walked around and visited a number of gas station stores. What the dfuck is the deal with those? They sold mostly the same stuff, but it was almost like being in a regular super market it was so big. THe food on offer there was some of the most grim looking food I'd ever seen. Do people really eat these? I feel that if I had eaten any of those hot dogs or burritos I would be on the toilet for a week.

ITT post dodgy gas station things and food from your country.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mozarkite

Where I'm from, the gas stations are really small and typically only sell pre-packaged snacks and drinks (chips, candy, soda, etc). The one place here that serves food does biscuits and gravy, and it's always fresh and good.

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
The only gas station I've bought food from is Bucc-ees, and it's actually pretty good.
It's a chain of gas stations in Texas that are each the size of a small airport and sell everything from rustic home decor to freshly cooked BBQ sandwiches. Bucc-ees is a monument of excess, it's absurdly American, I love it.

download (17).jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
The only gas station I've bought food from is Bucc-ees, and it's actually pretty good.
It's a chain of gas stations in Texas that are each the size of a small airport and sell everything from rustic home decor to freshly cooked BBQ sandwiches. Bucc-ees is a monument of excess, it's absurdly American, I love it.

View attachment 10224
This is exactly what I was after. I feel like you could spend a whole day in places like this just looking at all the ukuleles shit they!d sell. Although a Texan BBQ sandwich does sound pretty good!

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
There used to be a drive through convenience store were i lived, you just drive your car inside the store and get snacks. But they closed it down a few years ago

Virtual Cafe Awards
I still know of one such novelty store where you can drive right in for a bag of grippos.

Browsing these giant super stations is a ton of fun after you've been stuck in a car on a roadtrip

B5E16B08-BDAA-4780-BD50-5E4D5507FAB7.jpeg

Attachments

• B8CEC7BC-B740-41D5-A94E-52E4D6FD8D23.jpeg
    B8CEC7BC-B740-41D5-A94E-52E4D6FD8D23.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 108
  • 817813DC-1357-4F1C-A749-C9588013C320.jpeg
    817813DC-1357-4F1C-A749-C9588013C320.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
Virtual Cafe Awards
I'm from the US, and so I'm very used to gas stations basically doubling as convenience stores. Currently I live in Japan, and about the only thing a typical gas station sells here is gas lol.

Somewhat related to that, there was one instance 2 years ago where I had to walk along a highway all night (long story short I missed my last train, and a taxi would have cost ~$200). I remember after two hours of walking I found a gas station and at first I sighed with relief thinking I could buy some water and take a bit of a break. What a disappointment that was... although 30 minutes from the gas station there was a convenience store and I ended up resting there for a bit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'm from the US, and so I'm very used to gas stations basically doubling as convenience stores. Currently I live in Japan, and about the only thing a typical gas station sells here is gas lol.
Yeah but instead there's a konbini around basically every corner lol. Best part of East Asia imo

Virtual Cafe Awards
Yeah but instead there's a konbini around basically every corner lol. Best part of East Asia imo
That's really true. Japanese 7/11's are also objectively way better than US 7/11's, although they don't sell slurpees. But in exchange you get a whole lot else

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
That's really true. Japanese 7/11's are also objectively way better than US 7/11's, although they don't sell slurpees. But in exchange you get a whole lot else
I'd gladly trade liquid diabetes for the grilled cheeses they sell in Thai 7/11s

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards

Somewhat related to that, there was one instance 2 years ago where I had to walk along a highway all night (long story short I missed my last train, and a taxi would have cost ~$200). I remember after two hours of walking I found a gas station and at first I sighed with relief thinking I could buy some water and take a bit of a break. What a disappointment that was... although 30 minutes from the gas station there was a convenience store and I ended up resting there for a bit.
Are you saying at Japanese petrol stations, they don't even sell water!? That's crazy. Even in the UK they sell bits and bobs, although not as much crazy shit as these American ones.

Do they have toilets at least?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Hello all. Here in the UK, Petrol Stations have small shops associated with them, just selling snacks, coffee, sandwiches etc as well as newspapers and some basic car accessories. However, I was recently visiting Baltimore for work and I walked around and visited a number of gas station stores. What the dfuck is the deal with those? They sold mostly the same stuff, but it was almost like being in a regular super market it was so big. THe food on offer there was some of the most grim looking food I'd ever seen. Do people really eat these? I feel that if I had eaten any of those hot dogs or burritos I would be on the toilet for a week.
My brother is a frequent visitor to gas stations, and always has been since I was little, my sister told me that she and him (along with some cousins) were super HYPED that a gas station opened up near our grandmother's house when they were kids, (this is back in the 90s) and they used to walk a whole hour to get icees, and stuff. Since my bro is overseas now, everytime he comes back home to visit the first stop he makes is to the nearest gas station (which is usually Quik Trip or Race Trac), he doesnt eat any of the food on display (at least to my memory) because our mom and grandmother said that stuff is usually DAYS old, but when I go with him, we usually get the food that's made in the kitchen (Which both QuikTrip and RaceTrac have), where the food is made fresh (we usually get pizza or pretzels), but they do make other food in the kitchen like breakfast food, subs, milkshakes, burritos, and coffee too. Oh, and RaceTrac has REALLY good frozen yogurt, they have a whole station for it (like they do for icee) and you can add toppings like choco-chip, gummy, sour gummy worms, cereal toppings (lucky charms, fruity pebbles, etc), sprinkles, marshmallows, the usual junk food beat.
But on the topic of gas stations specifically, the ones that are near me are usually clean and are pretty big, in my opinion the ones that look best are QuikTrip and RaceTrac, the one that looks kind of dodgey is BP and Shell (based on the last time I went there which was a few years ago)

QuikTrip Kitchen:

Xpj7zlI.gif

RaceTrac:
Dhg5t03.jpeg

Frozen Yogurt Station:
8GzEeq0.jpeg

Inside an average BP gas station:
xqhkrqn.jpeg

I've been to other gas stations too, on like road trips but I don't remember the ones specifically and but the main feature of those where the ones on the highway usually had a fast food restaurant connected or inbuilt in (i.e McDs, DQ-Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, KFC, A&W, etc) those were the ones that fascinated me as a kid, but since my mom was on a tight schedule most of the time, we could only explore and get stuff from the gas station side not the fast-food side.

Combation BP and Mickey D's:
dLnFFKD.jpeg

Basically, most of the smaller gas stations do have rank food, but the bigger ones usually try to have better food since they have kitchens and those are the ones people frequent to before going to work or school or on lunch break.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Vanilla coke is so tasty but pretty rare in my experience
Vanilla coke is second best to cherry coke imo, they had a peach creme coke a few years ago that ones was the best!PePsIcAnpixeled

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
Vanilla coke is second best to cherry coke imo, they had a peach creme coke a few years ago that ones was the best!PePsIcAnpixeled
Vanilla coke is fairly common nowadays where I live. I had a raspberry coke in Norway which blew my mind, but its pretty impossible to find outside of specific soda fountains at Five Guys.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Vanilla coke is fairly common nowadays where I live. I had a raspberry coke in Norway whioch blew my mind, but its pretty impossible to find outside of specific soda fountains at Five Guys.
OHH, dude I had that too it came out the same summer as the peach coke, I think I tried or at least seen most of the coke flavors since I live in the state where coca cola was invented and the world of coke is only a few miles a way from me

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Reaction score
Awards
OHH, dude I had that too it came out the same summer as the peach coke, I think I tried or at least seen most of the coke flavors since I live in the state where coca cola was invented and the world of coke is only a few miles a way from me
Georgia, right? I think they are famous for peaches. I used to live in NC for 2 or 3 years when i was little which I beleive is where Pepsi is form. I dont think we can be friends because of this.

The lime is good too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

0ur0b0r0s

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Food from QuikTrip. Probably terrible for you, but tastes good. Buffalo chicken stick or something. That and the taquitos. This is really the only gas station food I've eaten.
Actually... Food from Sheetz too. It is even grodier (how healthy can 2 hotdogs for $1 even be???) but good if you want stereotypically terrible gas station food.
Best enjoyed with friends or family.

Virtual Cafe Awards