An independent music awards ceremony?

I know, I know.... That's super fucking pretentious... But... READ ME OUT!

We always come back to the time of year when everyone is upset that the Grammys are full of shit in terms of who is chosen for the awards. What most people don't realize is that the entire purpose of the Grammys is to crown a very specific mentality that is "This is what real music is", the celebration exists simply to be ageist and racist on TV without any sort of backlash pertaining to that subject.
Other music network awards are great at choosing what most of the populace liked... but these all have a severe problem:

Official music awards REQUIRE for the music submissions to have industry sales :njWojak:

So, what if we were to kick out that requirement out the window and started a BS FREE indie music award that would include the participation of everyone spanning all confirmed music genres that would create lists on a yearly basis?
The lists would be curated by people who are KNOWLEDGEABLE about the genre they are helping curate, not only would these people be looking for the most streamed or purchased music, they will also rate for other forms of creativity pertaining to the genre they are covering.

Now, I know you're wondering... "wHaT's tHe PoInT?!"
Music awards are a celebration of a very prevalent art medium that brings communities together. Thanks to these ceremonies, people will know what artist or song you're talking about and why you love it. My entire life I have never been able to share what music I am into freely simply because people have no idea what I am talking about when I respond to their curiosity with "I am listening to Summer of Haze/ Macintosh Plus/ Blank Banshee". I know that issue happens to a lot of people and there is also the industry itself standing in the way of independent artists from being discovered.
Having an independent music award would somewhat solve the issue of informing the public that there is more than just pop music out there so they stop complaining that the art form is "declining".

I know this requires precision planning and a lot of coordination, but I hope that this thread plants the seed in your brain and spreads it with everyone out there.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Thats a pretty cool concept but who would these KNOWLAGEBLE people be I wonder
African American Wtf GIF by Identity

Virtual Cafe Awards
Thats a pretty cool concept but who would these KNOWLAGEBLE people be I wonder
African American Wtf GIF by Identity
Yeah, we would have to determine the proper criteria for this scenario. With the Grammy's you usually have snobby industry insiders calling the votes and that's not something that should be replicated.

Virtual Cafe Awards