What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Anarchy

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
I have incredible urges to commit gruesome violence
FB_IMG_15199581708399726.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

_TF

NPC
Reaction score
Awards
HOW DO I POST MP4

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Banditti of the Agora
Reaction score
Awards
so not to be an autist or anything, but allow me to be a bit of an autist on this.

"anarchy" is often just taken as a premise to do whatever retarded, depraved bullshit you want, but imma let y'all in on a little secret: anarchy requires tightly structrued and rigid constraints.
The term "anarchy" does not mean "no rules", it means "a lack of rule", i.e. no rulers can dictate the course of one's actions. That does not mean that social norms go out the window; you don't get to just punch people, or piss in the streets. Driving on the right side of the road is a law in America, but it is also a norm; people often isntictually walk on the right side of the side walk because it's a social norm we've developed, based on the driving practice. following these rules. No dictator, king, president, etc., is commanding that we walk on the right side of the road. But we still do so because it is a rule -- a norm developed by the community.

in his response to some theives who stole from a shop in the name of the communist principle "from each according to their ability to each according to their need", Peter Kropotkin wrote an essay titled Anarchist Morality. Kropotkin refers to utilitarians like john stuart mill and jeremy benthem as moral influences, as well as the Golden Rule -- a moral principle found in most religions worldwide. One can take up philosphical disagreements, as one should but the fact is that anarchist political philoisphy is not just bomb throwing punk bullshit. Similarly, peter vallentyne's left-libertarianism makes ample use of utilitarian ethics, particluarly rule utilitarianism, which states that the ethics of an action are to be judged based on the total amount of pleasure derived from the rule.

so keep keep that in mind when some dipshit uses the term "anarchy". if you give a fuck about the meaning of language, know that a state of anarchy doesn't give you liscence to be a degen pos (although it doesn't prohibit it), it means that no one can force you not to be. As Sartre said, "man is condemned to be free".
Shut up gay nerd

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
92a7fd4226010bf16f0f86efba5525711c64ec341ebb30b3d4fc4f9910ec5e1d.gif
1676d0a948f5d9613233a476e57e1930cd7e38483689e6d0ffd5ae0e68d0b842.jpg

bfa2bc998e5c4e43413286289295d2afd43d2c8e70abebdfa8b9b8a845287800.jpg
index.gif

So is this like the non-official shitpost thread or something? I wanna get up the media count to unlock that macross award

Virtual Cafe Awards

bees

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards