What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Anti-lawn thread

boywifefailure

eternally tired
Reaction score
Awards
Basically just what it says in the title. Post anti-lawn memes, lawn-related stories, or general lawn hate.

I hate how perfect green lawns are seen as desirable. It's just another corp scheme to get people to spend money on useless products and shame people for letting nature exist.
Hate green lawns and lawn culture. That's all.

Attachments

• anti lawn meme.jpg
    anti lawn meme.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 111
  • anti lawn 2.jpg
    anti lawn 2.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 86
  • anti lawn 3.jpg
    anti lawn 3.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 87
Virtual Cafe Awards

Vrashzt

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
A well-kept yard is an indicator to the public about the state of your family's well-being
Sure thing, but the concept of a well-kept yard for americans is a weird one, why not have a flower garden, or even some vegetables?
Mowed grass is just sterile and a waste of space

Vrashzt

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Well, I wouldn't know about that since I live in middle of nowhere and have never seen a yard

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Reaction score
Awards
A well-kept yard is an indicator to the public about the state of your family's well-being
This is the only reason front lawns exist. Their only purpose is to be mowed and to let the neighbors know that you're the kind of person who mows his lawn regularly.
I've never seen anyone actually use their front lawn for anything, except for maybe a yard sale.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I have never mowed anything in my life nor do I intend to. Anti-lawn gang.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Basically just what it says in the title. Post anti-lawn memes, lawn-related stories, or general lawn hate.

I hate how perfect green lawns are seen as desirable. It's just another corp scheme to get people to spend money on useless products and shame people for letting nature exist.
Hate green lawns and lawn culture. That's all.
Awww hell yeah a thread I can relate to. Currently staying with my family in Ontario. My mom has a really biodiverse lawn. She absolutely refuses to pull dandelions or wildflowers because it's imperative that we keep the bees around. Her garden always gets massive yields from the amount of pollination from the bees and the amount of birds that spread the seeds from the garden. We pretty much only use rain water to water the lawn and garden unless there is a dry spell and we are forced to use the hose. The lawn might look a bit obtuse but the trade off is that we get lots of wildlife in the yard even though we live in town. Last year we yielded 50lbs of tomatoes, 50lbs of tomatoes. 10lbs of strawberries, 5lbs blueberries, cucumbers rhubarb and a ton of different flowers as well as over a pound of marijuana since it's legal to grow here. If I get back on in the next few days I can send some pictures of our garden, although we just replanted everything so it's kinda in a baby stage.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

I think you'll be happier if you stop screeching at random things that don't impact your life. It's not a good personality to have.

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Unsure if this is true, but I think the idea of an empty yard was originally a sign of wealth. Back in the day, most people who owned land used that land for farming, gardening, and other uses that support the owners or community. If you owned land that was nothing but grass, trees, and maybe a flower garden close to the home, then you were showing the community that you have a great deal of disposable wealth and don't need to utilize your land for anything other than to show off.

Virtual Cafe Awards

metalainism

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
large sporting terrains pose the same problems as well. they have to be maintained much more often, consuming more resources like water as well as manual labour. i'm not against people having fun, but many are used almost solely during sporting events (which occur rarely on some). not a good use of space which could otherwise serve various, more worthwhile uses.

Jessica3cho

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I can't wait for the grass to begin stemming up behind my siding and completely destroy the WRB system so that bugs can crawl into my timbers and destroy them. Boy, a collapsing house sure sounds fun.

But on another note, half inch flat kept lawns look fucking dystopian, back off my fucking 3 inch grass weed Gerald!!

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holeliness
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think lawns are a huge thing in Australian suburbs, at most we have a small strip of grass away from the house by the sidewalk which acts more as a dog toilet than anything. But our backyard functions the same way; it's just a message to the landlord that we aren't lazy bogans because we mow and spray it.

Virtual Cafe Awards