Any m a l l s o f t listeners ?

kenetic.wav

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hey ,

How many of y'all are rocking with the m a l l s o f t sub-genre of Vaporwave? If so what drew you into m a l l s o f t ? Also any favorite mallsoft artist/albums ?

I think like most people probably will say mallsoft brings back a nostalgia part of my childhood. Going to toys r us , local malls and malls a few hrs out on weekends alongside lunch at chuckie cheese or chik fila and books a million/Barnes n noble . Hearing music playing in dept stores.

Ordering limited too & American girl magazines just to name a few.

Also seeing my mom receive fashion magazines in the mail such as jcpenny, wish book , lane Bryant, belk.

All of that inclusive is the essence of mallsoft to me.

With the combination of album art and music cat system Corp got my attention the most. [지오 프론트] v3.1 By cat system Corp is pretty cool it really captures the ambience of the shopping era. Palm mall is another good mallsoft album. 슈퍼마켓Yes! We're Open By groceries is def an album to listen to while you are running your weekly grocery store errands.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

Catcorp's OASYS is my go-to. I was blasting this at the mall, just sitting idly and soaking in the imagery/ambience. Uncanny how it manages to capture that familiar, yet oh-so specific vibe.

Now you got me wanting Auntie Anne's. Shit.

kenetic.wav

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Catcorp's OASYS is my go-to. I was blasting this at the mall, just sitting idly and soaking in the imagery/ambience. Uncanny how it manages to capture that familiar, yet oh-so specific vibe.

Now you got me wanting Auntie Anne's. Shit.

Ahhh yes def feeling the vibes or Cinnabon rather. I love the whole food court atmosphere as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Mallsoft is a great representation of dying artform that was mostly overlooked until it was too late. The artistry put into these everyday places was immense yet often taken for granted. Mallsoft is a perfect tribute to experiences overlooked too commonly and brings you directly back to a place of your own experiences. There are definitely a lot of good experiences we overlook throughout daily life so I think its really cool that Mallsoft, in a way, can help people see those experiences for what they are. that type of nostalgia also fits in perfectly with the general idea of vaporwave (as well as the anti consumerist side if you decide to buy into that)

I think it's a really cool idea, if not a bit played out at this point. I still think there is room for growth though, the general idea of mallsoft has stayed the same for the most part aside from some slightly experimental albums or specialized takes on it (like grocery stores instead of mall in Yes! We're Open!) The execution can be quite hit or miss, being lackluster and maybe lazy at times but being damn good at other times. I think that's a problem with most vaporwave but I see it most in classic vaporwave and Mallsoft.

Virtual Cafe Awards