Any Pebblers here?

Thefrober

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Currently wearing a red Pebble Time but have like 7 Pebbles in the collection lol

Attachments

• 11345743-D1E4-4087-8E52-948D70750AE0.jpeg
    11345743-D1E4-4087-8E52-948D70750AE0.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 112

Thefrober

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Pebble the company is defunct and an open source initiative (Rebble) has brought back all the web services. So yeah, the Pebble is actually one of the most private smartwatch platforms out there lol

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have both a Pebble Time Round (dead now) and a standard Pebble Time.

I run them both through gadgetbtidge with custom firmware (you have to use rebble firmware anyway), so the watch has NO internet access, meaning no spying.

Overall though, as cool as it is, smartwatches are still largely pointless devices. The main benefit they offer is slightly more convenient time and notifications, but even then, getting your phone out is easy.

Still, I dig the nice displays on both of the ones I had.

karamuki

tired occasional traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
karamuki.neocities.org
I got a Pebble Time that I bought second-hand many years ago for cheap. Rebble is pretty great and it was nice to have something so niche. But i don't really use it anymore due to battery problems and a really crappy wrist strap. And it always seemed to have some problems with my phone (iOS is the worst). It was nice while it worked. But I've been thinking of buying those cheap Casio watches someday.

Virtual Cafe Awards