Anyone else sick of seeing threads start with "anyone else"?

Sulfate

Double Nickels on the Dime
Reaction score
Awards
Website
55-pedro.neocities.org
I see threads start or contain the word "anyone" or "anyone else" so much when lurking that it doesn't mean anything in my head anymore.
I'm guilty of it, too, so I'm calling myself out here, but I blame subconscious herd mentality.
Maybe I'm batshit insane. Willing to accept that, too.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 12.19.43 pm.png

>inb4 "anyone else in title"

Virtual Cafe Awards

SpheralBloom

I'm not a femboy I swear
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I personally don't mind them, but I totally get it. Those titles get repetitive to read, but they're not usually a deterrent from the thread for me. I usually just pay attention to the subject matter. They'll still lead to some pretty good discussions. People will share their experiences and opinions or whatever regardless.
Plus, on the bright side, they seem to be much less prevalent than:
"I'm (nationality/occupation) and can confirm this is 100% accurate"
"This lives in my head rent free"
"First."
"Sweet Home Alabama intensifies"
So be thankful for that :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I think all Agora users are very similar, but outside of this forum are a bit detached from most people. We come here partly to see that there's other people we can relate to, which is why our favourite question is "Is anyone else like me?" and then we discuss, and have an affirming experience that there are others like ourselves in this world.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sulfate

Reaction score
Awards
Website
55-pedro.neocities.org
I personally don't mind them, but I totally get it. Those titles get repetitive to read, but they're not usually a deterrent from the thread for me. I usually just pay attention to the subject matter. They'll still lead to some pretty good discussions. People will share their experiences and opinions or whatever regardless.
Plus, on the bright side, they seem to be much less prevalent than:
"I'm (nationality/occupation) and can confirm this is 100% accurate"
"This lives in my head rent free"
"First."
"Sweet Home Alabama intensifies"
So be thankful for that :)
You're right, I've grown far too comfortable with the sanctity of this place.
I think all Agora users are very similar, but outside of this forum are a bit detached from most people. We come here partly to see that there's other people we can relate to, which is why our favourite question is "Is anyone else like me?" and then we discuss, and have an affirming experience that there are others like ourselves in this world.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Virtual Cafe Awards

proto

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This thread is as low effort as those you mentioned OP, you fruit.
Just because you use a more verbose language to circumvent the repeating phrases used by the offending beneficiaries doesnt mean the crux of your message isnt on the same plane.

Commit an act of extinguising your inner flame to seize up your engine of existence.

Attachments

• go ahead pitch a tent.jpg
    go ahead pitch a tent.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 50
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Just because you use a more verbose language to circumvent the repeating phrases used by the offending beneficiaries doesnt mean the crux of your message isnt on the same plane.

Commit an act of extinguising your inner flame to seize up your engine of existence.
01525d03cec2408e4af22977a7e81fa8a535d837b5dee7d8c6918a9869d53aa8_1.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sulfate

Reaction score
Awards
Website
55-pedro.neocities.org

>"circumvent" "crux"
Its almost like I phrased my issue in a joking manner because it isn't that serious

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
1692723265038.png

But to answer your Anyone else* question

No it's literally just you. Youre the only one. No one else here thinks, feels, or does what you are doing. Sorry.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yuiui

Internet degenerate
Reaction score
Awards
Website
yuiui.moe
Anyone else here loves to eat raw butter?
That's insane! People always told me I'm fucking wierd for eating raw butter

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
>inb4 "anyone else in title"
When you're looking for affirmation from others... "Anyone else?"
When you're looking for something missing... "Anyone know of it?"
When you're gauging thoughts and testing ideas... "Any thoughts?"
When you're disapproving of something and want to rally against that thing... "Anyone else think?"
When you're verifying what your senses or pattern detection tells you... "Anyone noticed?"
I blame subconscious herd mentality.
It's not subconscious. In naming a thread, there is a conscious choice to use "Anyone else". In a forum it's hard to get tickers or indicators that you've gone too far often, so you need to ask "anyone else?". It's not like you have a wife who will give you a nudge on the shoulder when you share your thoughts on Germans economic policies 1933-1939, which is apparently an unacceptable topic to talk about during a Christmas meal(this hasn't happened to me, I'm not married).

Besides, there are 2 things that join men together more. Shared interest, and shared enemies. If you lurk enough you get an idea for the shared interests here, and you get an idea for the shared enemies(typically "redditors", and "NPCs"). I don't say enemy in the extreme, absolute sense of destruction, but rather that folks here like to dog pile on them.

Virtual Cafe Awards