Anyone have a small label?

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Obviously VW has big labels, but does anyone here have connections to small or indie labels?

I typically work alone, but working alone makes it hard to reach people :/

Virtual Cafe Awards

crybabytif

~sleepy~
Reaction score
Awards
I run a small vaporwave label called "Anathema Collective", and sometimes stuff releases on it

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Eir Mazur said:
I run a small vaporwave label called "Anathema Collective", and sometimes stuff releases on it
http://anathema-collective.bandcamp.com/

I will amend my post to reflect this, but I'm looking for partners (IE a label).

Interested?

I typically work alone, but I wanna reach more people, provide enjoyment and happiness via my music to people. I'm not sure how to do that without networking

I want to get into this COMMUNITy, but am finding it difficult going it alone :/

Virtual Cafe Awards

crybabytif

~sleepy~
Reaction score
Awards
sure, i'd love to help you out with getting something running ;D

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Eir Mazur said:
sure, i'd love to help you out with getting something running ;D

what kind of network do you have?

I'm not looking for money (though it would be nice :) ), I just want to reach people, so a label in the community who even has 50 followers...would certainly be more reaching than my 13 followers lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

crybabytif

~sleepy~
Reaction score
Awards
while my label's following is still really small, i can still say that, from personal experience as a producer, these tactics are probably really useful to getting word around:

1) make a twitter that features your releases and also interacts heavily with the vaporwave community (good examples of this are the DMT twitter and twitters of larger artists/projects like dds and equip; i've personally not yet done this for my label but i've been thinking heavily of it)
2) post your label's albums on r/vaporwave. while that subreddit's kinda a joke, it's also really big of a subreddit, and can serve very well in gaining exposure, both for artists and labels
3) promote your label in self-promo channels on discord servers (as long as they're vaporwave themed; it's probably not the best idea on a gaming discord or something like that, unless you know the people on there are into vaporwave)

these are the things i've learned so far, and they've served me alright. i don't know if they're overplayed or anything, but, from what i've experienced, they definitely help. i'm not certain if this exactly answers your question, but i hope it helps in some way. :>

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Eir Mazur said:
while my label's following is still really small, i can still say that, from personal experience as a producer, these tactics are probably really useful to getting word around:

1) make a twitter that features your releases and also interacts heavily with the vaporwave community (good examples of this are the DMT twitter and twitters of larger artists/projects like dds and equip; i've personally not yet done this for my label but i've been thinking heavily of it)
2) post your label's albums on r/vaporwave. while that subreddit's kinda a joke, it's also really big of a subreddit, and can serve very well in gaining exposure, both for artists and labels
3) promote your label in self-promo channels on discord servers (as long as they're vaporwave themed; it's probably not the best idea on a gaming discord or something like that, unless you know the people on there are into vaporwave)

these are the things i've learned so far, and they've served me alright. i don't know if they're overplayed or anything, but, from what i've experienced, they definitely help. i'm not certain if this exactly answers your question, but i hope it helps in some way. :>

I certainly appreciate the advice!

I am banned from both twitter and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk however, so they aren't much help to me lol. that isn't your fault of course! I came here seeking alternatives, but this forum is quite slow and on life support.

Virtual Cafe Awards

crybabytif

~sleepy~
Reaction score
Awards
Greg_Delta said:

I am banned from both twitter and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk however, so they aren't much help to me lol. that isn't your fault of course! I came here seeking alternatives, but this forum is quite slow and on life support.

oof :(

if you need someone to handle twitter or >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk stuff, i'm willing to run a twitter for the label for you and post releases from the label on my >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, since i'm not blocked on either platform ^.^

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Eir Mazur said:
Greg_Delta said:

oof :(

if you need someone to handle twitter or >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk stuff, i'm willing to run a twitter for the label for you and post releases from the label on my >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, since i'm not blocked on either platform ^.^

well, I've got 6 releases, post em up...do you do physical media stuff? I'd love to do some tapes

Virtual Cafe Awards

crybabytif

~sleepy~
Reaction score
Awards
sadly, i don't do physicals yet, but something i've been hoping to do when i get the ability to is tapes and cdrs (especially cdrs, as i dont really see too many of those in the vaporwave community, and theyre personally my favorite physical format)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Eir Mazur said:
sadly, i don't do physicals yet, but something i've been hoping to do when i get the ability to is tapes and cdrs (especially cdrs, as i dont really see too many of those in the vaporwave community, and theyre personally my favorite physical format)

well if/when the time comes, keep me in mind.

Virtual Cafe Awards