Anyone Heard of this show? Delta State

Thislittlecorner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vero.co
I first came upon this animated series when I found this channel on YouTube called "Retro Rerun". The channel itself has various old animated series -- with full episodes/seasons. As well as old, animated movies. That's when I chanced upon the current topic of this post, "Delta State". A rotoscoped animated Canadian series from that was released in 2004.

SYNOPSIS
Four people each become aware that they possess superhuman abilities of the mind, and are charged by their friend and mentor Professor Brodie with saving the world from Rifter forces. Brodie trains them to battle Rifters in the Delta State, a reference to the brain wave pattern achieved during deep sleep. The main characters, Professor Brodie, and the Rifters are able to enter and exit this state of consciousness at will. As in dreams, rules of physics or logic do not necessarily apply; yet, as in lucid dreaming, a measure of control over the situation can be achieved while in this state. Delta State (TV series) - Wikipedia

INTRO

View: https://youtu.be/x4y2bW04lx8

I was hooked from the into alone. I'd never seen a show quite like this before. I mean yeah, I've seen rotoscoping in animation, but nothing close to the style of the show. The itself was semi-realistic, which in my opinion really works for the show and its themes. The character designs are quite lacking but the story I feel makes up for it. They way in which they're written, you start to see their personalities shine through. Especially the character Philip, I feel that he's way more well-rounded and well developed than the other main leads.

I guess I wanted to know people's thoughts and opinions on it. Did you like it? Did you not like it? If so, why not? what do you think they could've done better?

I'm already on my 3rd time watching this series. There are definitely things I enjoy about it and others I think they could've done things differently or more.

Oh, and sorry if this post came off as all over the place or nonsensical. I wrote this at like 3am in morning yesterday so yeah. Also, this my first time starting a thread so I may come off as a little awkward. I just wanted to know if anyone else was familiar with the show.

Virtual Cafe Awards